Chelsea Thread

Kaka wont move. Reports over in Italy are saying that Ivanovic is set to join Milan on loan. To be honest, I don't know anything about him, I just hope hes big and strong!

Who knows - the Press have got nothing right regarding our transfers this summer so I wouldn't be surprised if this is tosh.

Ivanovic is a big lad, but not particularly quick. I've seen very little of him though. Probably a better CB, doesn't look a RB to me.

looks like its just you and us again! lookin forward to it and good luck.

hmmm maybe tottenham to worry us thats all oh and arsenal.

looks like its just you and us again! lookin forward to it and good luck.

hmmm maybe tottenham to worry us thats all oh and arsenal.

I'm not sure it will be that straightforward. I still think we're missing a finisher, and we're still missing a consistent crosser of the ball - and you guys may struggle without the greaseball for the first 6 games or so but I suppose only Spurs have really improved their squad.

On the face of it it looks like more of the same, but I think we both need to bring at least one new face in before the window closes.

Kaka wont move. Reports over in Italy are saying that Ivanovic is set to join Milan on loan. To be honest, I don't know anything about him, I just hope hes big and strong!

I agree, Kaka isnt going to leave Milan but what is interesting is his Assistan/agent has been making these noises for a while:SS

I'm not sure it will be that straightforward. I still think we're missing a finisher, and we're still missing a consistent crosser of the ball - and you guys may struggle without the greaseball for the first 6 games or so but I suppose only Spurs have really improved their squad.

On the face of it it looks like more of the same, but I think we both need to bring at least one new face in before the window closes.

Yeh we clearly need a CF to put the ball in the net, Its also not hard to figure out we'll miss a player who scored 42 goals last season :))

Guillem Ballague on Robinho, Kaka and Joe Cole
12/08/2008

Robinho the priority for Chelsea, Kaka can wait

Robinho has made it clear to both Bernd Schuster and Ramon Calderon via his agent - that he wants to go to Chelsea. The Brazilian is letting everyone else know what he really wants through his actions: walking around with a very long face, always serious and never laughing with his team-mates as he usually does - especially when the cameras are around. Chelsea sense that the transfer will go down to the wire on the last day of August. In fact, they are convinced Real Madrid will hold out until the last few minutes of the transfer window, when they will let him go for as high a fee as possible. One problem: Real want 40 million euros for him. If Chelsea meet that price, they will let him go no problem; but Chelsea will not pay that, or so they say, for now.

Robinho remains Chelseas main - and final - priority this season. Kaka is a bit of a distraction: the London club are laying the foundations of a deal with Milan that they will hope to tie up next season. However, by showing an interest in Kaka, Chelsea are calling Real Madrids bluff: in the hope that they can convince the Spanish side that they will not be held to ransom over Robinho and that they are quite prepared to go elsewhere if Madrid do not lower their demands. Yet, the fact is, Scolari has identified Robinho as his primary objective and the Madrid player remains the priority at Stamford Bridge.

The new Chelsea coach has come to the conclusion that Joe Cole does not quite grasp how a player in the hole should work, unlike Robinho. Furthermore, the Brazilian offers the same options on the wing as Cole does. Quite simply, Scolari is of the opinion that Robinho is a more complete player than Cole and, as far as the Chelsea boss is concerned, represents the final cog needed to make his new Chelsea machine tick.

Ivanovic is a good backup to have seeing the preseasons on the one off chances he got he did look calm & composed. Yeah he will be a good CB and here's hoping we break our injury jinx this year!! (cech definitely needs it)

robinho ho... hmm... what about joaquin (hope i got the spelling right) haven't valencia said that he might be sold instead of villa & silva??

Last edited:
Rumour Time - We will be announcing a signing at 17:00 today apparently.

I'd say there is only a 30% chance of this being anything other then bull, and if it is true, God knows who it would be. I'm certain it won't be the two in the papers (Kaka/Robinho).

Last edited:
Hmmm.... So there is something going on.....

WORLD EXCLUSIVE ON CHELSEA TV

Chelsea TV will be breaking into its published schedule tonight to bring you a world exclusive Chelsea story in a Blues News Special at 5pm.

Probably the signing of contract extensions of both Drogba and Lampard, both making record wages in british footie.

Some bizarro world part of me fears its berbatov though...

I think it's just Frank - and the news that he'll be earning 150k a week until he is 36 is hardly something for us to be bragging about.

Drogba has at least two years on his current contract and won't be getting another, so that's something at least....

Sounds like you're right T Butcher - not quite as exciting as I'd hoped. But good news for Chelsea. As much as he's useless in an England shirt, his 20 goals a year are what seperate Chelsea from the rest of the pack, plus he's bloody fit for a 30 year old, almost never injured (partly due to not needing to be a crunching tackler, but still)

Well, that was the news. 5 year deal....

World Exclusive my arse - who are the cunts that run my club??? We've been mugged and we're making a big show of it. Unbelievable.

I find it a little weird that both United and Arsenal never offer 30+ year old players more than 1 year extensions, and everyone (almost) seems cool with that arrangement, but Frank has just gotten on the money boat for 5 more years. Just in perspective, assuming no bonuses or inflation adjustments, that's £39m. Yeah, wow. And as I've said before, I don't think he deserves the stick he gets and I do rate him, but I'll be happy to eat my words that he's worth £8m a season in 4 years time.

Then again, when money is no object....why not :)

I think Ballack and Lampard are players that can play until 35 at a top level. They don't require pace to be effective and will always have their physical presence and technique.

Its been a good market for clubs holding onto their players it seems. Still wonder how you lot will play :SS

------------Cech------------
Boswingwa-Terry-Carvalho-Cole
------------Deco------------
-------Essien--Ballack-----
----------Lampard---------
-------Drogba--Anelka-----

I can see you starting the season like that, with Deco being a deep playmaker like Scholes and Pirlo.

Its been a good market for clubs holding onto their players it seems. Still wonder how you lot will play :SS

------------Cech------------
Boswingwa-Terry-Carvalho-Cole
------------Deco------------
-------Essien--Ballack-----
----------Lampard---------
-------Drogba--Anelka-----

I can see you starting the season like that, with Deco being a deep playmaker like Scholes and Pirlo.

Based on pre-season, there's no real answer to that one. We've used 4-1-3-2, 4-4-2 (diamond) and 4-3-3, no indication which one he prefers. 4-1-3-2 would be my preference, but Bosingwa is injured so I expect us to be a bit tighter for now.

My preference for Sunday would probably be:

___________Cech___________
Ferreira____JT___Percy___Cole
___________Mikel___________
Essien_____Lampard_____Deco_
________________Cole. J_____
___________Anelka__________

Bosingwa would be my preference at RB, and obviously Drogba to take Joe's place, but further forward when both are back from injury.

Are we keeping him hostage for someone!!??

He hasn't got near the first team and doesn't look likely too either, yet we paid £9.7m for him. Something very weird about this transfer....

According to some italian sites, its because Chelsea signed him for £10m and haven't used him yet, they think he has a future at the club. Footballitalia says we are willing to pay the £10m (£1.8m for the loan, then £8m at the end of the year) so Chelsea wouldn't lose anything.

surprised no ballack in the squad T Butcher Fan.... but it is a star studded midfield. someone's bound to get dropped or a sub. I am kinda glad ivanovic is still with the club, he is impressive and i wouldn't mind him as a right back cover for bosingwa (though big phil will start with Ferreira)

June 2008

Big Phil will flop at Chelsea

Ian Wright fears Chelsea face a trophyless season under Phil Scolari.

"They lost to a Greece team they should have beaten so you have to question his tactical ability in that respect.

"I personally don't think he can handle it and I don't believe he'll be a success here.

"I wish him well but I just don't know if being at a top English club is the best fit for him."

August 2008 - SWP get's a few games and lo!:

Phil will be a Big hit at Chelsea

IAN WRIGHT believes Phil Scolari has already shown he is the man to bring success back to Chelsea.

Scolari has only been in the job for under two months but Wright is confident the Brazilian can erase the heartache the Blues suffered last season.

The Arsenal legend said: "Scolari's been brilliant so far and I'm excited about him.

:-##

:LOL: Brilliant! Anyway's it seems like you lot our trying to bring Kaka to Stamford bridge in a similar way you did with Shevchenko, seems like your hinting at the Kaka deal this year and our really going to go for it next summer.

Back
Top Bottom