Chelsea Thread

Sheva hasn't looked good in pre-season, it has to be said. Di Santo could be playing up with Anelka the way things are going. Who knows when Drogba will be back?

Anelka is definitely getting much better service now and looks much sharper. I hope it continues - this is his last real chance of his career.

Now Diaby has kindly saved us £40m, we're said to be looking at Simao Sabrosa who, if I remember rightly, you also had a 'thing' for Prof?

Nah mate you 're wrong,you should know before he got injured he was really good ,he started the last season very well scoring against Man u and the first premier league game against birmingham but as soon as he got his knee injury we lost the malouda of "the Ligue 1"

I'd agree. Malouda looked brilliant in his first few games for Chelsea. Was continuing his Ligue 1 form. Wasn't the same after the injury though. Hopefully, he can be back to his best, because when on song, he's a joy to watch.

Sheva hasn't looked good in pre-season, it has to be said. Di Santo could be playing up with Anelka the way things are going. Who knows when Drogba will be back?

Anelka is definitely getting much better service now and looks much sharper. I hope it continues - this is his last real chance of his career.

Now Diaby has kindly saved us £40m, we're said to be looking at Simao Sabrosa who, if I remember rightly, you also had a 'thing' for Prof?

I read DD would miss the first two weeks.

Did i have a thing for Simao? I can't remember :-pp I know he's useful. What did you mean by the Diaby thing? Didn't he injure Sneijder the other day?

Suprised you lot havent even considered Quaresma, Simao is probably the better play at the moment though. You lot are looking good for next season.

Quaresma is an overrated player, for sure. You've got already the best protuguese in your squad, the great Deco. How is he performing by now?

You've got already the best protuguese in your squad, the great Deco. How is he performing by now?

Fits like a glove so far. Combines really well with Lampard and Anelka. We definitely look a much more creative outfit with him in the side.

However, the real test will be once the Premiership starts again. His thinking time will be reduced by at least half, so it will be interesting to see how he copes with that. He'll no doubt get kicked in the air quite a lot too - the joys of English football!

Most people doesn't really know him as a player. He's a kind of coach inside the field, he defends like Davids and is creative, he's a good long range shooter and, while he dives sometimes, he really receives an impressive amounut of kicks per game. The thing is, he is one of those players that will definitely foul anyone who kicked him in the next play.

In barcelona I could count with my fingers the ammount of matches he went not booked.

In case you didn't notice... I love this kind of player! Defender, attacker, tactical, creative, strong. The only thing he really lacks is speed and aerial play.

Chelsea boss Scolari: We must be patient with kids
spacer.gif

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has urged patience from his board over plans to bring through more of their young players. He said: "The new philosophy at Chelsea is to bring some young boys through the system. OK, I'll try to do that. But first I need to win some more games and some more competitions."When we arrive in a better position, we have one or two young players we can put into training with the first team. "But it's not so easy to put young players into the Champions League and the Premier League. "We need to be patient, take our time with them."

Last edited:
Meanwhile, our old Boss is working his magic in Italy....

Jose Mourinho’s attack on Claudio Ranieri has earned a vicious reaction from the Italian Press, who dubbed him “arrogant, offensive and in poor taste.” The Inter Coach slammed his Juventus rival by implying he had a loser’s mentality and was “nearly 70 years old” – Ranieri turns 57 in October.

“It was ugly listening to Mourinho attack Ranieri,” wrote Stefano Agresti in the Corriere dello Sport. “The tone, method and content, all of it just hideous. Rarely had we heard such strong and offensive words pronounced in this conceited manner from an experienced professional about a colleague. And we’re in Italy!
“That doesn’t even cover the errors – which considering the Portuguese tactician is such a perfectionist, must surely have been planted there on purpose – based on Ranieri’s age and trophy haul.”

“What was truly ugly in Mourinho’s words was the over-riding arrogance that had been glimpsed in his Premier League experience, but that seen here in the flesh was far more direct and painful,” continued the Corriere.

The media even urged Inter President Massimo Moratti to take a stand against this interview, as Mourinho made the statements on their official club television channel.
“It is perhaps opportune that someone within the Nerazzurri administration reminds him the line between personality and arrogance is a fine one. Moratti is not accustomed to over-stepping it.”

i like Big Phils humility...

the difference in the two managers is huge...

I think jose's acheivement with porto eclipses big phils achievments with brazil ( i could have coached that team to a WC win )

big phil was kinda found out with portugal IMO...

but his attitude is spot on and just what chelsea need in the face of cuddly pete's smug fuckin grin!

The FA continue their campaign against us....

BATTLE OF SEXES CHARITY MATCH CALLED OFF BY FA

The Football Association has said Sunday's charity football event involving the Chelsea Old Boys and Chelsea Ladies cannot go ahead. The FA have ruled that even in a friendly charity game men and women cannot play together. Despite moves by Chelsea to address concerns, the FA have forced the game at Imber Court to be cancelled.

Following voluntary contact from Chelsea with the FA last week the event was made into an exhibition training game, however with only three days to go the FA have still said the game, which was being played to raise money for the Chelsea Past Players' Trust, cannot go ahead. A Chelsea statement said: "It's a real shame that our men and women have been prevented from enjoying a friendly game which had as its sole purpose to raise money for our Past Players' Trust which assists ex-players and staff members who have financial or health difficulties. 'We were expecting a large crowd to come down to Imber Court to enjoy the day. Our community coaches were on hand to provide kids with fun football as well.

'In fairness, certain individuals within the FA were sympathetic and attempted to work with us to find a solution. The Old Boys team do not play in 11-a-side competition matches, this was purely a charity fun game with a unique twist. 'Unfortunately the intransigence of others to allow any flexibility won the day, which is sad. On behalf of the club we would like to apologise to the families who were planning to come down on Sunday.' The FA's position is that it prohibits mixed football games over the age of 11.

In 2005, the Department of Media, Culture and Sport Select Committee recommended flexibility in the rule. It said: 'We recommend that the absolute prohibition on mixed football over the age of 11 should be removed and that an informed assessment by team managers and coaches of individuals' capacity to play in mixed teams should govern selection policy.' Other countries in Europe allow mixed football to certain levels to encourage the development of the women's game. Other sports including tennis and golf also allow a degree of flexibility, most notably when the female golf prodigy Michelle Wie was allowed to compete against men in USPGA Tour events.

i like Big Phils humility...

the difference in the two managers is huge...

I think jose's acheivement with porto eclipses big phils achievments with brazil ( i could have coached that team to a WC win )

big phil was kinda found out with portugal IMO...

but his attitude is spot on and just what chelsea need in the face of cuddly pete's smug fuckin grin!

You clearly don't know him. :LOL:

I'd say yes if we can get him in the £20m area....
o.gif

Chelsea make £19.7m Robinho bid

_44883277_robinho226_credit.jpg

Chelsea have made a £19.7m bid for Real Madrid's Brazilian striker Robinho, BBC Sport understands.

The 24-year-old former Santos star played a key role in helping Real secure the Spanish title last season.

But he is believed to be keen to join fellow countryman Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

:LOL: I would love for this to go through, Real have shot themselves in the foot with the Ronaldo saga over they may lose Robinho ontop!

They did get Van de Vaart ridiculously cheaply though. I'd rather of had him - Robinhho will need to spend some serious time in the gym if he wants to do well in England.

I still think we are missing a 'finisher' (unless Sheva stages a miraculous career recovery).

I really wish we could drop all this bollocks - it's just embarassing. What's wrong with just being a football club?

I'm definately not buying FIFA now, it'll be PES no matter how bad it is.....

IT'S IN THE GAME!

Chelsea Football Club can announce that EA SPORTS has become our official video game partner. The three-year global deal will help promote FIFA 09 to Chelsea's global fan base and compliment its partnership with the Premier League.

The agreement will see EA Sports receive a package of rights including in-game licensing and marks the first sponsorship deal signed at Chelsea FA ahead of the club introducing LED stadium advertising installations at Stamford Bridge this season.

Chief Executive Peter Kenyon said: 'We are excited to welcome EA SPORTS as a platinum sponsor of Chelsea Football Club. EA SPORTS is the leading gaming brand in their sector and share our global ambition for development, so we look forward to working together to maximise our relationship over the next three years.'

Does that mean for the first time in Fifa history, when playing at the bridge in 09 it'll be realistic to have big ugly EA SPORTS logos everywhere :)

Our sponsors used to be a local solicitors, a car rental place, a tool and skiphire company and something called 'Eurodollar'.

Football has moved on a bit!

yes i'm back!!! got net connection finally here.... hi's to everyone. We got Big Phil yay!!! di santo is doing a good job heard he got the number 9 shirt.... Anelka is getting into his goal scoring form which he had in Bolton good service being seen through Deco too... robinho needs to definately hit the gym if needed to operate in EPL.

I would take this with a pinch of salt (if I had any salt left after this summer....)
Chelsea to bid world-record £78m for AC Milan's Kaka, Didier Drogba is set to stay

Chelsea are set to sign AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka for a world-record transfer fee of £78 million, according to the player's agent.
kaka0808afp_788915c.jpg

Despite stating that they have made no official bid for the current Fifa World Player of the Year, sources close to both the west London club, and Kaka himself, are confident that he will be a Chelsea player by the close of the transfer window on Aug 31.

The Brazil international, 26, is believed to want a move to Stamford Bridge, especially with Milan having failed to qualify for Europe's premier club competition, the Champions League, next season following a disappointing fifth-placed finish in Serie A last time out.

However, when Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon first made a tentative inquiry as to Kaka's availability last month, he was met with a firm rebuttal from his Italian counterpart Adriano Galliani.

Comments attributed to the Brazil international's personal assistant, Diogo Kotscho, though have thrown open the distinct possibility of a world-record transfer taking place between the two clubs, and with it the best player in the world gracing the Premier League next season.

"We know that the clubs are talking about the transfer, although they have not reached a conclusion yet," Kotscho said. "I think an August transfer is still a possibility, though Kaka will only talk about that when they do a deal."

Back
Top Bottom