Chelsea Thread

will take a win anyway... big phil himself said that where i can deliver sexy footie will do it but at times will have to take a scrappy hard fought 1-0 victories... tough luck for wigan...

not easy for me to say anything positive about chels , but I`ll try Deco got lucky

i lol'd.
This game is all about: Skill, Speed, Luck. You have all these and you succeed in soccer, Deco had all of those all game, so he was the best player of the game by far.

i lol'd.
This game is all about: Skill, Speed, Luck. You have all these and you succeed in soccer, Deco had all of those all game, so he was the best player of the game by far.

Palacios ???

Good win for Chelsea, because if Wigan can continue to play this way, they will win quite a few matches against bigger teams.

i was impressed by Wigan.

Well played, You got the result and thats the main thing, I think Scolari will get you playing the more flamboyant style anyway but sometimes you have to win ugly.

From Martin Samuel in the Times:

"Shevchenko theory test
José Mourinho had a private theory on why Andriy Shevchenko flopped at Chelsea. He would not voice it publicly and, if you had heard it, you would know why. It will be interesting to see if the Ukraine striker now regains his form after his return to AC Milan."

I heard that rumour too, but I've never seen any evidence of it during matches or training. Always seemed like one of the gang.

We may never know, but I think Mourinho is inferring Sheva took creatine or some other performance enhancer while at AC. Might be nonsense but we'll see in a months time. If he's still a complete donkey then we know the rumours were false!

Bhai, it's nothing to do with me being a Man U fan. I like looking at things from a neutral perspective because I'm a football fan foremost. :))

mate chill i wasn't meaning that you a manu supporter not to get into the conversation. No problems mate. Its just perspectives i guess. Btw nice display picture mate

Whatever one says about Sheva he was the most professional player who never said a word in public regarding the club, players or manager no matter what happened. OK he may have said or done stuff backstage but isn't it better than mouthing off to every tabloid and then get a foot-in-mouth syndrome later on.... I was kinda sad seeing the news thought this might have been his season after we saw his performances after Villa and big phil as coach!! Good luck Sheva in Milan!

What the hell?
prd_maxzoom_cfc-53038-robinho.jpg

I think he must have already signed and they are waiting for Real to announce his replacement. They've been selling Robinho shirts in the megastore for a week or so, and there is a news story on the official site about the prospective signing - it's worth mentioning that they NEVER have 'hearsay' transfer stories.

However, if it all went south and Robinho remains a Real player this season, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised! :-pp

Kenyon just loves to run his mouth off!

I'm fairly certain he will be no.7 btw.

*** Just been on the Megastore site and there is not a hint of a Robinho shirt. I'm guessing it is an image they've got ready for if and when he does sign. ***

Last edited:
I heard that rumour too, but I've never seen any evidence of it during matches or training. Always seemed like one of the gang.

We may never know, but I think Mourinho is inferring Sheva took creatine or some other performance enhancer while at AC. Might be nonsense but we'll see in a months time. If he's still a complete donkey then we know the rumours were false!

whats wrong with creatine?

I don't think it's illegal but FIFA have been trying to ban it.

its not illegal at all, and if fifa do, its another idiotic move by blatter. Creatine grows naturally in the body, using it as a suplement should not be illegal, the short term effects are negligble. It helps build body mass, but has not been proven to help sprinters or runners, other uses as well. Honestly if jose is mad at sheva for using creatine, then he is an idiot as well. :)

Just done a Google - it is banned in certain countries (France being one of them), and yes FIFA is trying to get it banned as a perfomance enhancing drug.

Also, Real Madrid, Chelsea and a few other clubs have publicly stated that they don't use it. Arsenal did when Wenger first came to the club, but stopped a long time ago.

As for Sheva, it might be Creatine, it might be something else. Only José knows.

I don't know much about it, just remember a fuss in Italy in the late 90's.

Just done a Google - it is banned in certain countries (France being one of them), and yes FIFA is trying to get it banned as a perfomance enhancing drug.

Also, Real Madrid, Chelsea and a few other clubs have publicly stated that they don't use it. Arsenal did when Wenger first came to the club, but stopped a long time ago.

As for Sheva, it might be Creatine, it might be something else. Only José knows.

I don't know much about it, just remember a fuss in Italy in the late 90's.

its not bannend by the IOC nor is it banned by any major sporting organization... its not anything like steroids. I hope it was something else, cause if its over creatine, then that is ridiculous

About Sheva....

Football 365 (Mediawatch) said:
You Can Always Rely On Jose
Much intrigue was created at the conclusion of Martin Samuel's column this week when The Times columnist wrote: 'José Mourinho had a private theory on why Andriy Shevchenko flopped at Chelsea. He would not voice it publicly and, if you had heard it, you would know why.'

What could it be? And given that Samuel was happy earlier this summer to inform readers that he had been told in an off-the-record conversation with Arsene Wenger that the Arsenal boss believed Luka Modric was too lightweight for the Premiership, why was he staying shtum this time?

And now there's a third question: So what was Samuel's reaction upon learning that the BBC published a story this morning declaring 'Jose Mourinho believes Andriy Shevchenko failed at Chelsea because he was too used to being treated like a prince at AC Milan'?

SWP left us...I have mixed feelings about that,i'm a bit sad because he's a really good player,he never got a proper run in the team (5 ou 6 games in a row),i just remember him last year when we had all our injuries ,he played fantastic in the middle and in an other side i'm happy for him as he will play week in and out in a very good team and he really deserve it.
Thanks for all SWP and Good luck:SAL:

We may never know, but I think Mourinho is inferring Sheva took creatine or some other performance enhancer while at AC. Might be nonsense but we'll see in a months time. If he's still a complete donkey then we know the rumours were false!.......

.....As for Sheva, it might be Creatine, it might be something else. Only José knows......

i'm sorry T Butcher, but this actually is nonsense.... and u don't need to wait to see what sheva is gonna do this season to realise it..... u just have to think again. ;))

creatine increase your stamina and stimulate the muscular tissues growth...
creatine doesn't improve your technique, it doesn't improve your touch, your dribbling ability, your sense of position, your timing....
to put it simple, creatine won't make u a world class player and an average (or even a good) player cannot become one of the greatest strikers of the last 30 years, just by using creatine (and i'm assuming he did here.... wich is extremely unlikely).

we won't ever know why sheva wasn't able to perform at his standards in the last 2 years..... neither Josè knows.... actually i'm sure Andryi himself doesn't know it.
but one thing is for sure. neither creatine nor any other sort of performance enhancer has something to do with it. that's blatantly obvious.

oh and btw, creatine is not allowed in italy (u're allowed to get such a small, irrilevant amount of it - less than the amount our body itself can produce daily - that there's no point at all in getting it).
and in italy it's just impossible to use forbidden substances and get away with it, as our anti-doping checks system is the most intrusive in the world.
just a couple of weeks ago, Capello, was complaining on the italian tv about the gap between the italian anti-doping standards and the foreign ones. he said that according to the official data, the amount of anti doping checks done in the last 3 seasons in premiership and liga put together, don't even reach the 50% of the amount of anti doping checks performed in italy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom