Chelsea Thread

He had one superb game against Ronaldinho, but in the return he missed a tackle and all his confidence seemed to drain from that moment.

He became a liability in the next few games. Weird.

I think he needs to play a lot of football to keep his standards up and in that sense, Chelsea isn't the place for him.

Well gee, that'll greatly improve your image. See his wonderful comments after Rivaldo in the Japorea WC. He's a lying, cheating, nasty, wonderful football manager. But you already had one of those, and got rid of him.

From Sky:

Zico enters Chelsea frame - Brazilian manager leaves Fenerbahce

Zico has become a major contender to be named the new Chelsea manager after leaving Fenerbahce.

:roll:

You've got one too!

I'm not trying to wind you up. As we've discussed on this thread before, if Chelsea are to succeed in growing as a global brand, they need to improve their image - Kenyon has alluded to that for ages. That's why I thought Hughes would have been a great choice. Whether or not you want to accept it, most of the country was pretty excited when another 'big 4' team appeared, but that has been tarnished not just by the money argument, but I would argue moreso by Jose's nature, Terry's attitude and the wonders of Drogba, Cole, Cole and co.

And I'll be the first to admit Fergie should shut up most of the time, but it's not like he sent a ref into retirement by lying. And never apologised.

Anyway, my point is that someone like Zico would do a lot more for the PR side of things, that is all. I'm not trying to be critical or wind you up or anything like that. If no one but Chelsea fans are allowed to engage in discussion, then fine, I'll bugger off, but you'll find yourself in a pretty quiet forum.

And I'll be the first to admit Fergie should shut up most of the time, but it's not like he sent a ref into retirement by lying. And never apologised.

My friend (and i mean this very sarcastic), don't get me started on Sir Alex fucking Ferguson...i used to be a Man utd fan, but that guy disgusted me sooooo much...
He's the biggest cheat around in football...you only need to look at the way he and Ronaldo coöperate when Ronaldo has once again been diving and Ferguson plays exasperation...he's the most classless and styleless manager i've ever seen.
I've been supporting Man Utd for more than 30 years and in that period they scarcely won anything, when they started to win things under this fucking cunt i becameso disgusted by the cheating way and classless way the won and behaved that i did not enjoy those triumphs...

I don't mean to offend anybody, but this rant is a sincere outrage...and i assure you that i did control my anger...

Don't ever compare Mourinho to Ferguson...the wrong one got a knighthood.

I'm not trying to wind you up. As we've discussed on this thread before, if Chelsea are to succeed in growing as a global brand, they need to improve their image - Kenyon has alluded to that for ages. That's why I thought Hughes would have been a great choice. Whether or not you want to accept it, most of the country was pretty excited when another 'big 4' team appeared, but that has been tarnished not just by the money argument, but I would argue moreso by Jose's nature, Terry's attitude and the wonders of Drogba, Cole, Cole and co.

Anyway, my point is that someone like Zico would do a lot more for the PR side of things, that is all. I'm not trying to be critical or wind you up or anything like that. If no one but Chelsea fans are allowed to engage in discussion, then fine, I'll bugger off, but you'll find yourself in a pretty quiet forum.

There is so much wrong with this post that I honestly don't know where to begin.

In fact, I'm not going to bother....

There is so much wrong with this post that I honestly don't know where to begin.

In fact, I'm not going to bother....

I'm not sure I understand. I'm not trying to be biased, I'm actually trying to engage you in discussion. Do you believe a more 'liked' manager would do Chelsea some good? Or do you think that the club's current image is fine, and you shouldn't worry about? Do you think image doesn't matter at all?

If Abramovich wants to win the CL then he should go for one who's done it before and surely has more than enough experience up his sleeve.

Lippi?

He has done well enough for Juve winning league titles plus the CL and WC.

My friend (and i mean this very sarcastic), don't get me started on Sir Alex fucking Ferguson...i used to be a Man utd fan, but that guy disgusted me sooooo much...
He's the biggest cheat around in football...you only need to look at the way he and Ronaldo coöperate when Ronaldo has once again been diving and Ferguson plays exasperation...he's the most classless and styleless manager i've ever seen.
I've been supporting Man Utd for more than 30 years and in that period they scarcely won anything, when they started to win things under this fucking cunt i becameso disgusted by the cheating way and classless way the won and behaved that i did not enjoy those triumphs...

I don't mean to offend anybody, but this rant is a sincere outrage...and i assure you that i did control my anger...

Don't ever compare Mourinho to Ferguson...the wrong one got a knighthood.

Wow, big words, Mourinho deserves a knighthood?! ;)

If Abramovich wants to win the CL then he should go for one who's done it before and surely has more than enough experience up his sleeve.

I really hope Abramovich isn't obsessed with the CL, because we're buggered if he is. It is the most prestigious trophy out there, but it is still just a cup competition. You win it when your number comes up, and only then. But being constantly successful domestically means you get into the raffle in the first place. That should always be the focus.

@ Beachryan - The only way the press will be on our side is if we hire a nice manager who isn't going to win things. Your squad is a mirror image of ours - you have your divers, cheaters and moaners and your manager is a total cunt - despised by millions - but the press give you an easy ride. (Can you imagine JT being pushed for England captain if he kicked an Old Trafford steward!). It doesn't matter if we were to hire Jesus as manager, the press will still have a pop at us, so in short, no. I don't care what the press thinks of us, and no, I don't care what people who read the press think of us.

Scolari your new manager! FFS!

Who's gonna be our coach after the EURO!?

Ah well, it works wonders for your image!

Maybe he is the one pushing Ronaldo to Madrid. Smart man! :LOL:

Last edited:
Chelsea's Official Site said:
Wed, 11th Jun 2008
Chelsea TV and www.chelseafc.com can exclusively reveal the following statement:

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm that Luiz Felipe Scolari will be the club's new manager from July 1, 2008.

Felipe has great qualities. He is one of the world's top coaches with a record of success at country and club level, he gets the best out of a talented squad of players and his ambitions and expectations match ours. He was the outstanding choice.

Out of respect for his current role as Head Coach of the Portuguese national team, and to ensure minimum disruption to this work, there will be no further comment from Chelsea FC nor from Felipe about his new role until his employment with us commences.

:CRY:

The Portuguese press is putting Scolari, Hiddink (someone else but I don't remember) on the list.

It's highly likely that Scolari will leave.
One things is guaranted, if the press findout that someone from chelsea has come to see him, the deal will be off.
It happened twice in the past.
Benfica tried to get him, but the press found out, and he immediatly said he wasn't going. The same happened before the WC when you lot tried to take him to England.

Well, the press didn't know so he went. :(

there wasn't a rat this time.

WOW nice appointment, shame as i would rather you go for the dumb choice of Rijkaard:-pp I reckon Carvalho will stay after this also see Lampard on his way maybe with 1 or 2 National players coming maybe Moutinho and Quaresma? Ronaldinho wouldnt mind linking up with the manager who he was coached by for Brazil in 2002? Also seems like Scolari could be trying to pursuade Cristiano to Spain:TD:

:SMOKIN: :-pp

Well, let's get on with it now. Hope he's good.

He is the complete opposite of Mourinho.

He is no tactical wonder, but gives ALOT of heart to the team.

Just today he asked the tv to show images of people celebrating the goals for him to show his players to motivate them.

Hell he convinced an entire country to put flags on every house. :applaud:

I don't know. Haven't seen much of Scolari's club teams.

His first job should be to convince Carvalho to stay. Deco might come as well. One thing's for sure, Quaresma is not going to Chelsea! ;)

Back
Top Bottom