Chelsea Thread

Not sure what happened to Petr last night. Very out of character.

He has had an eye problem (a consequence of that Hunt challenge) but I though it had been fixed. Obviously not.

I actually wouldn't say that, he's made a few bloopers from what i can remember. top keeper but i wouldnt say out of character.

I see Deco has come out and not only said he wants to come, but that Ronaldinho should join him. I think it could work, put Ronnie in with a serious coach that should have his respect, in a new country...the onyl thing that would worry me is the high quality of london night clubs...

I actually feel sorry for Cech, but if i remember well he made a similar mistake on a corner or center (from the other side) in the Premiership which resulted in a goal aswell...he also made a mistake against Liverpool in extra time...
For 95% of the GK's that would not be a drama, but considering his usual high standards Cech had a nightmare season. I hope he comes over it because together with Van Der Sar he's my favourite goal keeper (i know Buffon and Casillas are also among the best, but being subjective i prefer Cech and V D Sar).

Oh seek, we all have to admit that "Drogba is a cunt" is a very, very mature argument...wasn't there a certain rule about club threads and people like you visiting them...

Brazilians love to party and Ronaldinho is no different. Probably the difference he'd be put off by the ugly birds compared to the spanish hotties.

I actually feel sorry for Cech, but if i remember well he made a similar mistake on a corner

Gerd - it was after that mistake that he was sent to the doctors and they diagnosed the eye problem. He said he went for the ball but it just wasn't there - exactly what he said the other night. I hope it's a fixable problem.

The standard of women in London is very high - probably higher than most places I've ever been. But Paris is so totally above everywhere else that even Barcelona must have looked like Grimsby when he arrived from PSG. Maybe we should get Jordan to meet him at Heathrow. :w00t:

I'd hope Ronaldinho has learnt from his playboy period and is going to give football one last go. If not, then I just don't want him here.

Oh seek, we all have to admit that "Drogba is a cunt" is a very, very mature argument...wasn't there a certain rule about club threads and people like you visiting them...

Wow thanks for that, gerd. Obviously I was out of hand, attaking a member of the forum.. Or maybe I was just expressing my contempt for a contemptible player. Similar to how you rant on and on about how you once supported Man U but stopped because of blablabla. Did you not go on length about SAF and co's character (which I totally agree with)? Does that mean you shouldn't visit the club threads? Loosen up, this is a place where people get to express their opinions on club football related matters.

And I'm sure many would agree that, Drogba is indeed, a cunt. Just like Ronaldo.

..And on to Chelsea:

Deco & Ronaldinho.. now that's just unfair. Plus Ballack and Essien? Whaaaat...

Last edited:
I think Chelsea would be better off without Ronaldinho (but i also think that about Scolari and Deco, so it's possible that i haven't got a clue...).
I think Chelsea should buy young and hungry players (and ditto manager). Ronaldinho, Deco and Scolari don't give me the impression of being "hungry". Well certainly not Ronaldinho.

Seek, well at least my "rants" are sustained by arguments and i never visit the Man Utd club thread, but on the other hand you may well be right...i'm not better. It's just that one tends to see other's mistakes easier than one's own mistakes (and i have made plenty of them). So maybe i'd better shut up...sorry.

Seek, you are acting a lot like the type of person you seem to dislike. If you've got nothing worthwhile to add, the Scouser thread would be more than thrilled to have you back I'm sure.

And Gerd, I agree about the young lads - but we lack a lot of attacking talent at the minute and we need to get some creativity in. Neither Deco or Roanldinho would be a long term investment - We've got some real talent in the youth team and in two or three years will be able to replace Deco and the likes with some of our own kids.

Seek, well at least my "rants" are sustained by arguments and i never visit the Man Utd club thread, but on the other hand you may well be right...i'm not better. It's just that one tends to see other's mistakes easier than one's own mistakes (and i have made plenty of them). So maybe i'd better shut up...sorry.

No worries mate! And no need to shut up either haha

Deco and Ronaldinho in would give you more creativity uptop. Do you lot still think Drogba is off and if he is will Anelka be leading the line or a new CF?

Terry, you and i really have other opinions about players..i never saw Sidwell playing for Chelsea, but when he played for Reading he was one of my favourite players.
I never quite understood why he joined Chelsea.
I hope he does well with Villa...

Terry, you and i really have other opinions about players..i never saw Sidwell playing for Chelsea, but when he played for Reading he was one of my favourite players.
Agree with you 100%. I thought he was excellent in Reading's 1st season in the Premiership and I thought he jumped too early at the chance to join Chelsea. Its good for his career that he has gone elsewhere and he might get more First Team Football at Villa. Does this mean Villa might now sell Gareth Barry?

Chelsea consider Cigarini

Chelsea have been linked with a move for Parma midfielder Luca Cigarini. The Italian club suffered relegation to Serie B and are under pressure to boost funds and the Under-21 star could be sold for around £5m. Parma received an approach from Chelsea last week and according to English reports they’re ready to make an offer for the youngster.

An Andrea Pirlo-like, deep playmaker. Young chap, very comfortable on the ball, a good passer and can shoot from distance. I for one would like to see some more Italians back at the Bridge :DD

I think only reason he joined Chelsea was because he was for free.

Terry, you and i really have other opinions about players..

I never said he was crap Gerd (unlike SWP, who is :-pp), but then I don't think he is good either.

I'm pleased because we've got £5.5m for a guy that was never going to make it at Chelsea. We got him for nothing, so we're up 5 big ones (for once!) and got him off the wage bill too. Plus it has probably really, really annoyed Reading. A great deal all round. ;-)

He wasnt crap when he was with us, such a shame!

and he's still not..I remember him playing as a attacking midfielder during the middle of the season when we had our injuries ,he was very good and i think his best position it's in the center either behind a striker or In the midfield.

I think Chelsea would be better off without Ronaldinho (but i also think that about Scolari and Deco, so it's possible that i haven't got a clue...).
I think Chelsea should buy young and hungry players (and ditto manager). Ronaldinho, Deco and Scolari don't give me the impression of being "hungry". Well certainly not Ronaldinho

i completely agree with you, one of our main strengTh these recents years was the players fought for each others,this winning mentality "win at all cost" was fantastic!
and i don't think these players(deco,ronaldinho) still have these qualities

I'm watching Portugal-Germany.
Bosingwa is dramatically defending.
The first German goal was "behind is back" (two times even).
The Germans kept playing the ball behind Bosingwa who was constantly out of position. Judged on what i've seen until now, this guy is a bad defender. But maybe he has a bad day.

Back
Top Bottom