Chelsea Thread

Rijkaard, for me, is good for the first year and makes a quite nice team (which chelsea already have, just needs a few outs and ins in some departments) but then he fails to progress and make a stable championship with stupid subs and transfers. Hope you guys get Mancini, a lil more regular and more down to earth in terms of team management.

If you lot do get a new coach, do you actually think your playing style and stuff will actually change? doesnt seem like your in any rush to get rid of the deadwood you have and bring in different type of players.

There's not a lot of transfers going on anywhere in the Premiership though. We're not alone in that.

Besides, a lot of the players we have would quite easily handle a change in playing style. We don't need a massive overhaul. Just a couple more options up front.

Finally, the manager situation is still up in the air. I think that needs to be solved first.

All quiet on the managerial front. It has to be a EURO manager, surely?

Bilic didn't do much yesterday to convince me he could handle the job.

Revan, only saw highlights of your game so didn't see much of Bosingwa. How did he do?

How true do you think the reports about Milan negotiating with Drogba directly are now? Apparently Roman and Kenyon rejected any offers for Shevchenko and have allowed us to speak directly to Drogba.

I just saw Bosingwa fall over a lot.

I can't understand the "Shevchenko's not for sale" story. Is this because Roman wants to unite Ancelotti with him? As for Drogba, i'm sure his name is being mentioned in the same breath as Ancelotti. I have this ridiculous feeling a player will be used as a bargaining chip for a manager, lol.

It would be nice to see a manager appointed this week. I understand this might be the case? Then they can get on with the business of organising the squad (buying/selling etc).

The longer Chelsea waits to appoint a manager, the more chaotic things will become...and that's not a good thing for the upcoming season.

Bosingwa was rather poor...to be honest i haven't seen much good football at Euro 2008 until now...the team i enjoyed most was Switzerland...but they lost.

Croatia started well, but gradually Austria (supposedly the weakest team of the bunch) became the better team and Austria deserved a draw.

Germany was good as always...

The Ancelotti story just won't go away will it? I can't see why Roman would have a boner for him specifically though?

We should stay well clear of AC Milan, we seem to haemorrhage money any time we come in contact with Galliani!

but gradually Austria (supposedly the weakest team of the bunch) became the better team and Austria deserved a draw.

I really enjoyed watching Austria - they're my team at the moment. I thought the penalty was a bit harsh (got my Austrian glasses on already!).

I managed to pick Austria in our office sweepstake (yeah and i picked Tunisia in the world cup too), so i am cheering them on. I was impressed. Of all the teams that lost thus far, they convinced me the most. They looked good when Korkmaz and Vastic came on. They certainly deserved an equaliser. hop hop hop!

I just saw Bosingwa fall over a lot.

I can't understand the "Shevchenko's not for sale" story. Is this because Roman wants to unite Ancelotti with him? As for Drogba, i'm sure his name is being mentioned in the same breath as Ancelotti. I have this ridiculous feeling a player will be used as a bargaining chip for a manager, lol.

It would be nice to see a manager appointed this week. I understand this might be the case? Then they can get on with the business of organising the squad (buying/selling etc).

I think Sheva staying has got to do with his love affair with Roman. He probably promised him something. I'm pretty confident that Ancelotti isn't moving anywhere, he said it again himself a few days ago. Soccernet and Skysports say that Galliani apparently said that Chelsea allowed us to freely negotiate with Drogba.

Bosingwa played really well, at least for some1 that was slightly injured and is playing such an important game, i think he played at an excellent level, for his past conditions. He will be worth the money.

Judging by his match against Turkey, i think Paulo Ferreira is the better right back of the two...i wasn't particlularly impressed with Portugal to be honest (Deco played really, really bad). I hope they 'll have to play against Greece asap...they always loose against Greece (no offense meant, this was a bit of a joke, but not completely...).

I support the Swiss team...the images of a crying Alexander Frei are the images of the tournament so far for me...

I think Sheva staying has got to do with his love affair with Roman. He probably promised him something. I'm pretty confident that Ancelotti isn't moving anywhere, he said it again himself a few days ago. Soccernet and Skysports say that Galliani apparently said that Chelsea allowed us to freely negotiate with Drogba.

and i hope you'll sign him!!
@gerd i think you are really harsh with Bosingwa,i thought he did ok,nothing great but was he did the job.
Austria did a good?game?:ROLL:they were really bad until the second half,their first half was awful,just at the end of the game they looked a bit more dangerous and that all

We played our best football of the season with Paolo at right back. Then he was dropped in favour of Essien for no obvious reason.

Austria did a good?game?:ROLL:they were really bad until the second half,their first half was awful,just at the end of the game they looked a bit more dangerous and that all

Considering they are ranked lower than Mozambique, I think they can be proud of their performance yesterday.

How are France going to do this afternoon Alain? I guess Anelka will get a start?

yeah Anelka is starting instead of Henry,not really a good game so far,Romania only came to defend and it looks like there is a lot of heavy legs in the french side

Judging by his match against Turkey, i think Paulo Ferreira is the better right back of the two...i wasn't particlularly impressed with Portugal to be honest (Deco played really, really bad). I hope they 'll have to play against Greece asap...they always loose against Greece (no offense meant, this was a bit of a joke, but not completely...).

I support the Swiss team...the images of a crying Alexander Frei are the images of the tournament so far for me...

I will resume this post to a lol.

Boula had a good game last night.

Another player who looked good was Van der Vaart. I hope we're 'eyeing' him! Grosso of Italy looked good too.

Really enjoyed that game last night - I hope Roman was watching.

Man of the match for me was Orlando Engelaar, he neutralised the Italian midfield and this for a player who was not good enough for RacingGenk a couple of years ago...i'm glad for him.

That second goal was magnificent..

Neoexodus: i sincerely hope you had a good laugh, did not mean to offend you...

Man of the match for me was Orlando Engelaar, he neutralised the Italian midfield and this for a player who was not good enough for RacingGenk a couple of years ago...i'm glad for him.

Yep - he too had a great game. I think he was helped by the fact that the Italian midfield barely moved, and if they did, then at very slow speeds, but he still put in a very strong performance.

I know Italy have been playing a 4-3-3 recently, but to do it against the Dutch was crazy. I thought this when i saw the pre-match line up. It's a stupid as McClaren playing 3-5-2 against Croatia. You just DON'T do it.

Boula indeed had a good game. He showed moments of brilliance for Chelsea eg vs Barcelona. JM never gave him enough minutes really.

Back
Top Bottom