Chelsea Thread

Jose Mourinho has made Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole his top target after becoming the new manager at Inter Milan. (Daily Star)

:w00t: :LOL:

If i was a Chelsea fan, i would hope that this is true...

Oh and i've read in an Iraqi papper that Kenyon has contacted me to be the next Chelsea manager because i succeeded in winning the treble with Spurs in Football Manager 2008...

This is not true...i was not at home when Kenyon phoned and my wife prefers Italy...

It would be, but as Sky just made it up, it's not really worth debating!

I know a few people who are usually "in the know" but not one of them has even heard a whisper from inside the club. There is absolutely nothing leaking out. Nothing.

That's why we are being swamped with all these farcical news stories.

Anyone care to guess who it will be tomorrow? I reckon it will be Van Basten.

Chelsea should just televise a show and called it " Who wants to be Boss?" or "Off of my Yacht" (Roman has about 8 capable bosses on his ship then tells them to leave at a certain point last one standing is a boss for the year. Needs to be hosted by a Wussian *joking

From the CFC website. Hopefully José will turn his attention to SWP instead...

ESSIEN DENIES INTER LINK

Michael Essien's representatives insists the midfielder is happy at Chelsea and have denied he has any interest in joining Internazionale.
There has been speculation that the Ghana midfielder would be reunited with former manager José Mourinho who was unveiled as the new Inter boss yesterday.
But Essien's agent Fabien Piveteau, confirmed: 'Michael is very happy at Chelsea and that is where he will be playing next season. His current contract runs until 2012. There has been no approach from Inter.'

lol - it might well say that if he hasn't been shifted by August!

Didn't bother with reading any papers today. Any interesting nonsense today?

Terry, you know that you are one of my favourite evo-webbers and i hope i won't offend you with what i'm going to say here, because i genuinely like you a lot (that's how i am, sorry).

To me SWP is a very good player who hardly had the chance to prove himself at Chelsea...every time i saw him on MOTD he did well (granted you see the match live at the stadium)...

So your remark about SWP is that of a very, very spoiled fan (i almost wrote "brat" but you don't deserve that)...dozens of clubs would be over the moon with SWP and IMHO he's better than some regulars at Chelsea like Malouda or Kalou.

Of course with Rom&n's money you guys could buy the world team, but i know you as a real football fan and we both know that would not be good for football.

Here's a new one. Luciano Spalletti. He does have Roma playing nice footy.

Chelsea have reportedly put Roma manager Luciano Spalletti top of their wanted list after missing out on Carlo Ancelotti and Mark Hughes.

Hughes is set to be named Manchester City's new manager while Ancelotti ruled out a move away from Milan on Tuesday.

Although The Blues have also been linked with the likes of Roberto Mancini and Marcello Lippi, it is another Italian who now appears to be winning the race to succeed Avram Grant according to reports in the British press.

Milan's vice-president stated last Saturday that Ancelotti and "another Italian coach" were top of Chelsea's wish list although he refused to divulge the name of the second man.

Spalletti was named Serie A Coach of the Year in 2006 while last season he helped Roma become the first ever Italian side to defeat Real Madrid in both legs of their UEFA Champions League clash.

Although 49-year-old is not the obvious candidate to replace Grant he revitalised Udinese during his three-year spell with the club while also guiding Roma to second in Serie A last season.

Chelsea would almost certainly be able to agree a compensation package with Roma who are struggling financially with parent company Italpetroli having debuts in the region of £300million.

(from Sky Sports)

That would be an AMAZING appointment for Chelsea. Chelsea fans couldn't hope for a better appointment IMO.

Hope he stays at Roma. Would like to see a manager like Spaletti stay at his club, complete his project.

Gerd, I take your point on board, and no I'm not offended.

But Gerd..... he really is shit! :LOL: I watch him in the flesh, week in, week out.

Another BS rumor. He confirmed he's not moving. Funny how they say they 'missed out' on Ancelotti. They were never close.

I can't see any reason why we would look at Ancelotti. Seems to me Galliani is doing all the talking to make his man look better than he is. (Considering who just moved in down the road!).

Here you go Prof ;-)

Blues target Porto star
Top trio keen on flying winger
By Francisco Acedo Last updated: 6th June 2008

Chelsea have reportedly entered the race to sign Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma.

Reports emanating from Portugal claim Chelsea are ready to table a bid for the skilful wide-man. The 24-year-old is thought to be considering his future at Porto and could be interested in a move away to a top club. Porto are facing a fight to keep hold of their star players following their expulsion from next season's UEFA Champions League. The news has alerted the likes of Chelsea, Internazionale and Real Madrid to Quaresma's possible availability this summer.

Porto president Jorge Pinto da Costa has warned any interested club that it will take a bid of 30m euros (£24million) to buy the Portuguese international. "Those who are interested must pay his £30 million buy-out clause," said da Costa.

About time! :-pp

Me thinks he might want to link up with Jose at Inter though, as i've heard he's interested in signing him. As i've said before, i really think this is a player we need to take things forward. I also think he'd be worth the cash.

Last edited:
Well, we need A winger. That much is obvious.

I've only seen him a couple of times (when he played against us - think it was a couple of years ago) and wasn't overly impressed, but I'm not going to judge him on that. If he's got pace, a little bit of trickery and most importantly can cross a ball, I will welcome him with open arms.

Does he play for the Portuguese first team?

Quaresma is simply Ronaldo a few years back. he's got the talent just needs to find the right club to take him to the next level.

I use to love this guy. Maybe we can have him back and he can play the £9.6m debt off!

Mutu ordered to pay Chelsea £9.6m

_44724130_mutu_getty.jpg

Romania striker Adrian Mutu has been ordered to pay his former club Chelsea £9.6m for testing positive for cocaine, according to his lawyer.

Chelsea sacked Mutu in October 2004 and he was subsequently handed a seven-month worldwide football ban. His lawyer Cristian Sarbu said Fifa's decision was not final and that Mutu would contest the ruling. "This is a decision taken by a sporting tribunal. After this is final, this can be taken to a civil court," he said.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) ruled last May that the world football body would decide Mutu's fine.

In 2005, Mutu, who has since rebuilt his career first with Juventus and now Fiorentina, lost an appeal to CAS against his sacking by Chelsea. Chelsea had asked for £8m in compensation for a player they bought for £15m from Parma in 2003. The Premier League club felt Mutu had brought about his own downfall and wanted to recover the money they had lost on his transfer fee and wages.
Neither Fifa nor Chelsea would confirm Sarbu's claims.

Quaresma is simply Ronaldo a few years back. he's got the talent just needs to find the right club to take him to the next level.

Hmm, actually I don't really get the Ronaldo comparison. Ronaldo is a much better player, as he is a far superior athlete to Quaresma, while Quaresma is better technically IMO.

I can see the comparison when you say that like Ronaldo of a couple of years ago, Quaresma is a selfish player, only playing for himself, to show boat, and their attitude (though Quaresma is improving).

Quaresma is still the best winger out there, along with the likes of Bentley, Mancini, Ribery, Simao, Robben, apart from Ronaldo, who is well and truly a level above the rest.

I think we must have signed Galliani - he seems to be our only spokesman!

"Chelsea have ended their interest in AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti, according to Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani.
"Chelsea will announce their new coach soon but no, I will not tell you if he is Italian," said Galliani. (Press Association 1608 BST)"

Well, we need A winger. That much is obvious.

we need a winger??with SWP(yes i really rate him as @gerd)Malouda,he will definitely improve next year(don't forget before he came he was voted best player of the year and this season he was injured for a long time)Kalou who did very well this year and of course the great J.Cole,so i don't think we need a winger.

Hmm, actually I don't really get the Ronaldo comparison. Ronaldo is a much better player, as he is a far superior athlete to Quaresma, while Quaresma is better technically IMO.

I can see the comparison when you say that like Ronaldo of a couple of years ago, Quaresma is a selfish player, only playing for himself, to show boat, and their attitude (though Quaresma is improving).

Quaresma is still the best winger out there, along with the likes of Bentley, Mancini, Ribery, Simao, Robben, apart from Ronaldo, who is well and truly a level above the rest.

OK Talking about Quaresma. First of all, Ronaldo is better than Quaresma at all levels.

He is very selfish, and tries the wonder goal/assist everytime he has the ball. I remember when He first arrived at Porto. He was impossible to deal with. The enxt year, we had a new coach, Co Adriaanse, a hard type of coach, that wouldn't allow any player to go against his instructions. Thanks to that he left Quaresma on the bench alot of times. He eventually learned to play a little more for the team. He has since then be more of team palyer, but still very selfish.
His crossing abilities are great, on par with the best out there. His cross with the outer part of his right foot is a marvel.
Headers with him are just crap.
His shooting, well, It can either be a great goal or a complete blunder.
His dribbling abilities are great.
Set Piece he is a disgrace. I'm still trying to find out why he takes all of our free kicks! :rant:

Basically, he may reach world class, but he needs to listen more to his coach.

Having said that, hope he stays where he is. :-pp

we need a winger??

Alain, crossing figures for 07/08. Spot the Chelsea wingers:

Crosses/corners attempted and crosses/corners accuracy
Bentley 416 25.72%
Downing 383 25.07%
Young 340 26.76%
Arteta 299 26.42%
Shorey 293 26.62%
Diouf 289 22.15%
Petrov 279 24.37%
Giggs 222 23.42%
Gerrard 219 27.40%
Davies 217 24.88%

The following is from the Telegraph:

Bruce Buck: Chelsea close to new manager

Bruce Buck, the club's chairman, flew out of Heathrow's Terminal 2 early on Friday morning and admitted that Chelsea were closing in a new manager.
ufnbuck106.jpg

Take me to the Bridge: Roberto Mancini is the current favourite to take over at ChelseaBuck refused to reveal his destination - there was a flight due to leave for Milan - but, when asked if Chelsea were closer to making an appointment, the American replied: "Yes I think we are," fuelling speculation that Roberto Mancini could be the next Chelsea manager.
Mancini, who left Inter Milan and was replaced by ex-Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho earlier in the week, was reported to have been spotted flying to London on Thursday, and remains the favourite to succeed Grant, sacked following Chelsea's failure to win any trophies last season.

It is understood Chelsea plan talks with both Mancini and former Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard early next week and that an appointment could follow before next weekend. Carlo Ancelotti's decision to remain with AC Milan has forced Chelsea into changing direction and while Mancini has not been successful in Europe, with Inter, he won two Coppa Italia, two Supercoppa Italiana and three Serie A titles, becoming the most successful Inter coach of the last 30 years. Rijkaard is also viewed as a potential manager, and following Ancelotti's snub, Chelsea will now consider their options over the weekend before making an appointment within the next week.

Alain, crossing figures for 07/08. Spot the Chelsea wingers:

Crosses/corners attempted and crosses/corners accuracy
Bentley 416 25.72%
Downing 383 25.07%
Young 340 26.76%
Arteta 299 26.42%
Shorey 293 26.62%
Diouf 289 22.15%
Petrov 279 24.37%
Giggs 222 23.42%
Gerrard 219 27.40%
Davies 217 24.88%.

wowwww and no chelsea wingers???!!:w00t::w00t:, Stats don't lie ,you're right we definitely need a winger!!!

ps:Mancini?hope it's not true,i would take Rijkaard or even Deschamps any days ahead of him

Back
Top Bottom