Chelsea Thread

This reminds me of when Abramovic took over. Page after page of press speculation about who we would buy first - Beckham, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho?

In the end it was Glen Johnson!

This is a license for the press to make up anything they like at the minute - some of it really hasn't been worth repeating so far.

Mancini has apparently been sacked by Inter, looks like José will end up over there.

Last edited:
I like this headline from the BBC!

"
Blues 'reappraise' manager search"

More like:

"BBC 'reappraise' manager story"

I'd like to see Hughes get it. Would be nice to see that there is a way that managers of smaller English clubs can get a bigger job.

I've read somewhere he's a Chelsea fan though, well was growing up. Could be a good match. Would be quite a politically saavy move from Kenyon too. I could see it if it weren't for the size of hte egos in the dressing room. I don't think they're respect Sparky.

I could see it if it weren't for the size of hte egos in the dressing room. I don't think they're respect Sparky.

Some of those egos are on rocky ground at the moment, and he's the sort of guy that wouldn't hesitate in shipping them out if they act up. It's exactly what we need.

Some of the other candidates might win more trophies in the short term, but we shouldn't be thinking that way. We need to appoint someone who wants (and can keep!) his job for at least the next 5 years.

Sparky is a man's man at the end of the day. If some players don't respect him, then they're cocks! :LOL:

Jurgen Klinsmann turns down Chelsea advances

Chelsea's search for a new manager took an unexpected twist yesterday when the club made an informal inquiry to discover if Jürgen Klinsmann could be extricated from his contract with Bayern Munich. The former Germany coach, who led his country to the 2006 World Cup semi-finals in his first managerial job, agreed a two-year deal with Bayern in January and his representatives told Chelsea that he would definitely start work as planned in Munich on July 1.

Given his commitment to Bayern, Klinsmann was always likely to be a non-starter for Chelsea, but the club's willingness to ask the question demonstrates that no one is off limits as they seek a replacement for Avram Grant. Klinsmann, 43, rejected the chance to replace José Mourinho at Stamford Bridge last season, meeting Peter Kenyon, the chief executive, Eugene Tenenbaum, Roman Abramovich's right-hand man, and Grant for talks in California last April. They came to nothing because of his reluctance to work under the Israeli, who was director of football at the time.

Klinsmann's brave new world of fitness coaches, psychologists and alternative medicine clearly made a big impression, however, with Kenyon instructing Chelsea executives to find out if he could be induced to break his commitment to Bayern, only to be told that it would be impossible. Chelsea insist that the German was not necessarily their first choice for the job, just one of a number of candidates.

[...]

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article4016359.ece#

what the hell chelsea... buy a manager who has a contract with bayern munich next season :w00t:

I think we have to take all of these stories with a pinch of salt. Until I hear a Chairman saying he has been approached about the services of Mr X I'm not going to believe anything.

It's all agents and mysterious 'insiders' doing the talking at the minute a lot of these rumours are probably entirely fictional.

Newspapers have to print something each day - the truth rarely comes into it!

Who exactly are the big ego's in the dressing room ????
I've heard rumours that Shevshenko is quite a difficult person. A rumour says that Milan had plans to take him over from Cheslea, but the Milan players were against it...

Another rumour - although an actual quote from someone this time! To be honest, I don't know anything about him. Managed Brazil and then Portugal - What's his record in club football?

The Portuguese Football Federation has confirmed Chelsea's interest in manager Luis Felipe Scolari.

Chelsea are in the hunt for a new boss after parting company with Avram Grant last Saturday and a host of bosses from across Europe are believed to be contenders for the Stamford Bridge hot-seat.

The likes of unsettled Inter chief Roberto Mancini, ex-Barca boss Frank Rijkaard, Blackburn manager Mark Hughes and Russia coach Guus Hiddink are all understood to be targets.

And, according to the Portuguese Football Federation's vice-president Amandio De Carvalho, Portugal manager Scolari - who is out of contract after Euro 2008 - is also on Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's short-list.

"I already know that Chelsea are interested in Scolari," Carvalho said in The Independent .

question to the chelsea fans: are you gutted that Grant got sacked? do you feel he was hard done by or fully deserved it?

question to the chelsea fans: are you gutted that Grant got sacked? do you feel he was hard done by or fully deserved it?

I'm delighted. He did a decent enough job as a caretaker, but he never looked capable of leading the team anywhere. He was over-cautious (we dropped about 10 points at home from winning positions to the likes of Wigan, Bolton and Villa, plus a fair few away too).

When the chips were down, you'd look over at the bench and he was sat down staring at his feet. Not a leader in any way, shape or form.

Finally in his management career he has got teams to 7 Cup Finals. He has lost 6 of them!

It was ridiculous that he was given a 4 year contract, everyone could see it at the very start. A lot of Chelsea fans believe he was the reason Mourinho was sacked (although I don't) so he was massively unpopular from the get go. He had to go, but the Chelsea hierarchy must take a lot of the blame for putting him in that position in the first place.

CSA
Juventude
Brasil (Pelotas)
Al-Shabab
Pelotas
Juventude
Grêmio
Goiás
Al-Qadsia
Kuwait
Coritiba
Criciúma
Al Ahli
Al Qadsia
Grêmio
Júbilo Iwata
Palmeiras
Cruzeiro
Brasil
Portugal

Quite a few...

Seems like his biggest job in club football was CSKA. I rate him though, i dunno how his english is though so that could be a problem.

lol your right stef, my mistake seems like there really isn't any big club on his CV, Ten Cate also has been let go, wonder whats next? Lampard and Drogba off?

IF it's only after the EURO, I betting it must be one of the coaches of the national teams in the euro!

The way the president of the portuguese football federation is talking, Scolari will probably leave, but there is also Hiddink.

Rijkaard needs a good rest before taking over at any team. He looked absolutely drained and knackered the last time I saw footage of him. He looked depressed.

Lol, yeh completely agree Mike, i think it was the post match to the semi's where he was complaining about how we didnt allow an open game.

lol - how much longer is this going to go on?

Revan, any confirmation in Portugal that we're after Scolari? I don't trust the UK press!

I think it is between him, Hughes and Hiddink.

This something ive posted in all the main Prem threads, what do you lot think about the FIFA rule that seems like is going to happen with a max of 5 foreign players and how will it affect your club?

Back
Top Bottom