Chelsea Thread

Terry's slip you mean...must be the umbro boots then...

Nonetheless...it was a great match with you lot.Jose Moaninho didnt brought you guys up to this point...Avram Grinch did.Its time for a breakup for Chelsea and this loss could be monumental in all areas.

He is the best captain in the world
He is our captain
He is John Terry!!!

terryars2.jpg

Unlucky.

Played very well, second half was all yours.

Gotta say though, if it had to be anyone to miss, I'm glad it was Terry, I hate the bastard (even more than Cashley and Fat Frank, if thats even possible).

Unlucky lads, was quite pissed off with your goal, thought it was quite the luck and deflections to fall straight into Lampards path but after that you made up for it by being the better side, 1 slip cost you it you were so close, your time will come just tonight it was fate for us :)

So close and yet so far away.
Chelsea played a poor first half, but a splendid second one...the way they lost must be terrible.
This must be dramatic for Terry and Anelka.
I think some people here are very harsh for Terry. To me the most stupid (and arrogant) miss was by Ronaldo...well maybe that's unfair. To miss in that situation seems more normal to me than to score...
I think finals like that should be decided by a replay (and i would have said the same thing if Man Utd would have lost).
Anyway congratulations to Man Utd.
Congratulations to Chelsea for a great season...

I don't know how I'd feel if I took the losing penalty, or I missed the possible winning penalty. So my respect are with them, they played a great game especially in the second half. Penalties are just luck and accuracy, But I don't see having a replay game would be nice, The UCL final is a one match, and if it just repeats the tension and anticipation would die out.

Congrats to Man Utd, I thought the defense played alright and Evra played very well. Also Tevez is a dirty idiot.

I feel for Chelsea tbh. I felt they had the better of the match after 30 mins, they hit the woodwork twice in normal time. They deserved it overall imo, but you don't always get what you deserve.

We lost in 2006 narrowly, Chelsea got even closer than we did so I know how it feels to lose a CL final. Unlucky guys...:applause:

When you're comprehensively beaten, it's easy to see and understand why. But when you give it such a good go, come back from a goal down, hit the woodwork twice and get a finger on the cup in a penalty shoot-out...

I personally felt we warranted the win. I also think the 'Munich' talk is a bit much and really had nothing to do with this cup final, sorry.

A great advert for the Premier League though, despite the handbags towards the end.

Also Tevez is a dirty idiot.

How? Because he didn't play the ball to a Chelsea player?
Sorry but that's bollocks. Twice in the first half we played it back to a player after the ball was kicked out when someone was injured, but twice when Chelsea did it they booted it as far down the field as poss and out of touch...

What about Terry spitting at Tevez after Drogba was sent off?

Great match, commiserations this morning to you lot. Definitely showed the character that have gotten Chelsea where they are. Their fitness and desire was immense, I thought we were going to be overrun in the second half.

Think the game was pretty even tbh, and penalties are a very harsh way to lose. Despite Drogba's shot off the post (which he also fell over while striking - rubbish pitch) he was anonymous until his slap. I personally would much, much rather have let Drogba and Vidic settle it themselves hockey style :) United should have been away in the 1st half, Chelsea should have probably got a second in the second half, but were only in the match due to a deflection even Mr. Lampard couldn't have telegraphed. A great, great match of football, sorry there had to be a loser. Plus extra credit for those Chelsea fans with the 'Scouse free zone' banner. Brilliant.

IMHO, the sending off was a litle harsh, but there was a very tense atmosphere on the pitch right from the start...in particular Makelele seemed rather agitated...

When you're comprehensively beaten, it's easy to see and understand why. But when you give it such a good go, come back from a goal down, hit the woodwork twice and get a finger on the cup in a penalty shoot-out...

I personally felt we warranted the win. I also think the 'Munich' talk is a bit much and really had nothing to do with this cup final, sorry.

A great advert for the Premier League though, despite the handbags towards the end.

Great post, completely agree. We had loadsa luck last night - you put in hell of a performance.

Unlucky lads, I've got no nails left.

unlucky chelsea, i thought you deserve to win then and you came so close

terryuo1.jpg

Nice maybe Terry can also renew his season ticket for the Anfield
trophy cabinet.

1st half Manure's, 2nd half Chelsea's...there was no overall
best team on the night(Manure as everyone kept saying).

Sorry but that's bollocks. Twice in the first half we played it back to a player after the ball was kicked out when someone was injured, but twice when Chelsea did it they booted it as far down the field as poss and out of touch...

Agree, it was a bit messy. And Ballack :MAD: he is such an actor!!!

Anyway, I just like to say Essien has been a revelation this season, so much more calm, no more dirty play and just wants to play football fairly and enjoy it.... unlike Drogba :oooh:

We had loadsa luck last night

Not really. The two that hit the post were recorded as off target shots. Terry's clearance from Giggs and Carrick's shot were goal bound, plus Chelsea got lucky deflections for the first goal.

Pretty even game for me.

Agree, it was a bit messy. And Ballack :MAD: he is such an actor!!!

Anyway, I just like to say Essien has been a revelation this season, so much more calm, no more dirty play and just wants to play football fairly and enjoy it.... unlike Drogba :oooh:

Totally agree about Essien...He just wanna get on with things...such a pro and leads by example.Not to mention the astute job he does wherever he is asked to play.

Its funny to see Drogba having the cheek to smack Vidic in the face.It took about 4 players to hold Vidic away from Drogba...he wouldave been slaughtered by the Serbian.

To be honest...I was split in half up till the penalty kicks.Some one just had to be the hero and the zero at that point.I was clutching my face as I saw Terry moving towards the spot kick."He is gonna smash it in to win it for them now" Seems like its the end of the world.

One slip and the pendulum goes the other way.Lady luck smiled at us and we lifted the Champions League Trophy. :w00t:

Is that what that was about? I didn't see the beginning of it but there where a number of players trying to antagonize Tevez but thankfully he just walked away. Speaking of Vidic i thought he was one of United's best players, he just throws himself at everything, he's a real streetfighter.

Personally i thought Chelsea began to play a lot better when Makelele and Ballack began driving though the heart of the midfield, though sadly there just unlucky on the night as they like United had a number of chances to win the game before extra time.

Last edited:
Got back from Moscow this morning - fecking knackered.

Great day, which gradually got worse and worse. Someone up there just doesn't like us....

I'll post a few pics on here when the die hard mancs from London, Essex, Norwich etc have all fooked off.

I hope you still enjoyed it Terry.
i just read an interview with Ten Cate on a Dutch site...
Terry wasn't supposed to take the fifth penalty. Drogba was supposed to take it...with him red carded Terry felt that as a captain he had to take responsability...
To me Drogba is the negative hero of this final. The red card was harsh, but how stupid for an experienced player like Drogba...

Back
Top Bottom