Chelsea Thread

Great season guys, Chelsea pushed Man utd to the end, nobody would have believed that at the time when Mourinho was sacked...
To be fair, i think United deserved their title and that it was Giggs who scored the relieving second goal, gave me goose bumps...he certainly is my favourite player since Cantona stopped playing...
Chelsea need flair players.
I really like Chelsea, but i've always had the feeling that they lacked something in the Roman era (that's a nice one isn't it???)to really become a big team...maybe a flair player, or something other, but the final piece of the jigsaw is still missing...

I was really suprised that you didn't put Bolton away seeing as you've looked the real deal of late (I was VERY impressed with Chelsea at Newcastle, the second goal was beautifully created.)

I do still feel Grant isn't the right man for the job however if he wins Chelsea (and LONDON!) their first European Cup people might respect him more.

:)

Drogba missed a couple of sitters, Ballack and Lampard set up a handful of superb chances for people but no fecker read it and obviously Malouda hit the bar. But really we should have been creating a lot more than that, we had the football for about 89 minutes. We were just poor really.

After the hour mark it was clear that you were going to win your game and we just passed the ball about until the end. Letting in an equaliser at the death just summed it all up really - about the 5th time we've done that at home. You deserve to be champions, although how this race went to the final day I'll never know!

You gave us hell of a run mate. I have more respect for Chelsea this season than I've ever had. I hope the final is a good game and the BEST TEAM wins, not the worst refereeing decision.

I reckon Grant will keep his job for some reason. You lot have been actually playing good of late and some great goals,(Newcastle 2nd). Hopefully the final won't be two cautious teams seeing out 120 minutes to pens and we actually see two teams go for it.:)

boy that russian taking real life as a video game trying to buy every star players this team make me sick cant build from their youth even real madrid can do that but like kaka said.. chelsea their just mediocre ahah

boy that russian taking real life as a video game trying to buy every star players this team make me sick cant build from their youth even real madrid can do that but like kaka said.. chelsea their just mediocre ahah

Good post.

Well thought out, well researched and well delivered (Gold star for grammatical skills by the way!).

I'm glad the new club thread rules are proving so effective....

Real Madrid had already decided that Man Utd would win the title...

I'm not one for stats, but this is interesting :SS

Year------------The Premiership---------La Liga
2007-08---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid
2006-07---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid
2005-06---------Chelsea-------------------FC Barcelona
2004-05---------Chelsea-------------------FC Barcelona
2003-04---------Arsenal--------------------Valencia CF
2002-03---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid
2001-02---------Arsenal--------------------Valencia CF
2000-01---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid

Completely off-topic, i find Guardiola a strange choice...
I have the impression that Barcelona need to get rid of Ronaldinho and afterwards that there is need for a litle bit of discipline..i'm not sure if a Guardiola can instill this (being completely new as coach).

Completely off-topic, i find Guardiola a strange choice...
I have the impression that Barcelona need to get rid of Ronaldinho and afterwards that there is need for a litle bit of discipline..i'm not sure if a Guardiola can instill this (being completely new as coach).

I think Barcelona are in a similar position to us - a bloated squad and the hunger is not at the same level it was 3 or 4 years ago. Guardiola has obviously shown promise with the youth team, and they are entrusting him with cleaning the squad up.

Luckily for them, lot's of cash rich clubs in the Premiership will take their duds off them for huge fees. Can't see anyone biting our hand off for Sheva, SWP or Pizarro.

Not sure what's going on with Ivanovic now - I thought he was drafted in as an RB but obviously not!

fernando torres for 80 million euros
still trying to buy every stars possible
liverpool reject immensily

Tool.... :roll:

There's also a Double Decker on the Moon, Freddie Starr ate my hamster and Lady Di was killed by the Queen and Prince Phillip.

I am sorry we cant keep an eye on every thread in here to see if the rules are being ignored, a PM to any mod and he would have been gone before I took any action

Real Madrid had already decided that Man Utd would win the title...

I'm not one for stats, but this is interesting :SS

Year------------The Premiership---------La Liga
2007-08---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid
2006-07---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid
2005-06---------Chelsea-------------------FC Barcelona
2004-05---------Chelsea-------------------FC Barcelona
2003-04---------Arsenal--------------------Valencia CF
2002-03---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid
2001-02---------Arsenal--------------------Valencia CF
2000-01---------Manchester United-------Real Madrid

Seriously?! :-ll That is some scary shit.

Think it's gonna be a big summer for CFC. The fact the title race went to the last day shouldn't disguise the fact that, despite all Grant tries to say, Chelsea still have the best football squad on Earth and this season they didn't perform. With those players you really should be a bit more convincing IMO. I think you'll get a new manager, hopefully an attack-minded one, who will bring in some very big name signings and reshape the team into something more like 3 years ago - unstoppable.

Every other team on earth is jealous of having both Cech and Cudicini, so no worries there. You have a new £17m RB, so that solves that problem. Probably need a third quality CB for when Terry/Carvalho gets hurt, as Alex and Ben Haim don't really cut it. Left back is fine.
Midfield the choice of Mikel, Lampard, Essien and Ballack for the centre is pretty much unrivalled in world football. Wings are a bit trickier, with SWP and Molouda failing to impose themselves as they should. Cole is quality though. I expect a big winger signing, maybe Queresma, or even Messi (though that's doubtful).
Up front has been the real problem this year. Anelka was a waste of money, always has been no matter how optimistic fans are when he signs somewhere. Drogba is detestable but devestatingly effective, but he'll bugger off this summer. I actually think Kalou is developping quite nicely, and he's young, so that bodes well. I expect a Berbatov/Villa kind of signing - ie, the biggest of the summer. I wouldn't be too surprised to see the buck-tooth wonder moving to London either...he could play on the left quite ably...if you could keep him out of the night clubs.

With the 3/4 major signings they'll make this summer, Chelsea are my pick for next year's prem title. And that makes me feel dirty and empty inside :)

Back
Top Bottom