Chelsea Thread

who do you think will start against Newcastle tonight?? I'm hoping for Mikel coming back into the squad and maybe Ballack rested (cause of the niggle he got) bringing Essien back into Midfield. Dunno whom to put in Right Back Attacking Belletti or Defensively sound Paulo? Striker Anelka or Drogba?

Btw words going around about us linking with Messi? If its true would be very bad for the team and Sinclair's chances!!

Also hope people are looking at uefa under 17's competition where we have our very own youth players namely gael kakuta, jeffrey bruma and conor clifford

Last edited:
mate first of all Messi amazing player but might not be suited for the roughish tackling of Premier League. Secondly Sinclair is an amazing prospect from our youth team and has featured in a FA cup game too was amazing!! Great prospect and he may be better than Malouda & SWP combined!!

Great prospect and he may be better than Malouda & SWP combined!!

Not difficult! But yes, he is a great prospect. Currently on loan at Palace and banging in a few goals for them. Probably another year on loan before we see him in the first team squad.

As for Messi - he'd be wasted in our league.

Not difficult! But yes, he is a great prospect. Currently on loan at Palace and banging in a few goals for them. Probably another year on loan before we see him in the first team squad.

As for Messi - he'd be wasted in our league.

Doubt it very much so, Most would have said the same about Ron, but he's currently the untouchable in the league. Messi on the ball would win you freekick's whenever he would receive the ball, his ball control is just out of this world:w00t: would he suit your play? well thats a different story yet i do think he could easily make it in the league.

I personally can't see any record breaking transfers this summer. Most big ones will be in the range of 20M-30M.

are we playing a 4-4-2 or the routine 4-3-3?? As we don't have Lampard, Joey Cole & Ashley Cole!! Anelka & Drogba start should be interesting to watch and Bridge & Paulo gets a game!! Thus making Essien play in Midfield!!

yes its going to be a nerve wrecking 90 minutes on Super Sunday!! Both teams kick off at the same time so no advantage to any team!! Though at the moment its ManU with the advantage with the Goal Differences.
Ballack is in exceptional form!! Amazing just simply amazing... what about the shimmy by Drogba!! good good link up even for the final goal which allowed Malouda onto the score sheet!!
btw Grant has a lot of confidence on Malouda's ability may not be offloaded or sold in the summer!! But he has played well today and whenever given the chance in the past few weeks!!

well played today lads, 2 good goals, but got a bit lucky with owen missing a few chances but a well deserved win

yes Owen missed one and the other good save by Cech and afterwards Goal Line Clearance by none other the Rock JT!! good play especially in the second half!! First half would give it to Newcastle!!

Great second half performance and dare I say it, signs of a bit of football breaking out! Malouda's goal was a perfect example. Great move....

Well maybe Wigan can win a point against Man Utd...they are saved (which is maybe the biggest surprise IMHO this season, Bruce manager of the year for me...).

I dunno Gerd, if Roy Hodgson keeps Fulham up I think that may border on a miracle!

No way is Bruce is going to stiff his old boss now he's safe from relegation.

Yes but in the long term Bruce was brilliant for Wigan too. Just like Megson for Bolton. If i'm not mistaken Bolton had less points than Derby when Megson took over...

And about Bruce and Wigan: i'm pretty confident that Wigan will play it fair...from a professional point of view Bruce can never let Utd win without putting up a fight or am i being naïve???

You're being naive mate. United will win, I am sure of it.

Oh, and Hodgson would be my manager of the year. They were almost certain to go down, and they've come back from the dead, and it's in their own hands now. Just love the spirit with which they play.

I feel Wigan will do us a favor and restrict ManU!! Dunno just an optimist i guess!! But heres hoping for it!!

And about Bruce and Wigan: i'm pretty confident that Wigan will play it fair...from a professional point of view Bruce can never let Utd win without putting up a fight or am i being naïve???

of course they will play it fair, what are you expecting gerd, for bruce to play his youth team??

Malouda has been playing well guess he needs some matches under his belt to get back his form... impressive goal he did in the Newcastle game.... liked his celebration too... btw what do you guys think about news going around that Drogba might stay on & lampard penning a 3 year deal??
Ballack also offered a 3 year deal too!!

btw i'm scared of the rumors being floating around... first about Messi and the ridiculous transfer fee and now Ramos... damn that much for a defender??? damn damn damn!

The Diary of Michael Ballack

(Made me laugh!!) :lol:

Samstag/Saturday
JA! It is so easy, Manchester United comes to the Bridge as England's champion and is leaving like a small child covered in tears. In the first half my header is too strong. One - zero. I drifted into the gap like a fußball ghost and BANG!
Then Riccy Carvalho makes a small error and Wayne Rooney scores. But the crowd are not abusing Riccy, they know he has made a great season. After that arrives the highlight, it is my penalty.
All the paper and TV is asking me after the game 'did you feel the pressure before the spotted kick?' I laugh at their stupid small faces. I love pressure, it drives me! And I blast the ball in the goal. Tor! If you fear the pressure you should not be a fußball hero. Remember, when the chips are down on the table, the tough come in the kitchen.

Sonntag/Sunday
Relax day. I went with my childrens, partner Simone and Riccy to Madame Tussaud's house of wax. For some minutes Riccy thought the dummies are real people. He asked me, "Mikey, why is Prince William and Elton John so quiet?" I explain him that they are made of candles.

Dienstag/Tuesday
We are making light trainings before the Liverpool half-final. Just soft stretchings and runnings. I tell Frank Lampard some advices about penalty shooting.
Later we watch the other half-final of Manchester and Barcelona. It is a nice match, ja. But I feel sad for Barcelona. They lose to a team I destroyed alone.

Mittwoch/Wednesday
Wow! What a big game. We were made scared by Liverpool, but we have reached Moscow. I knew Lampsy will score his penalty. He made a German-style kick and we were all so proud of him.
It is incredible, I am incredible. In 2003/04 Cheslea is in the half-final of Champions League but without Michael Ballack in the team. They lose. In 2004/05 Chelsea is in the half-final without Michael Ballack and they lose. In 2006/07 Chelsea is in the half-final without Michael Ballack (I had big injury) and they lose.
Tonight Chelsea is the half-final of the Champions League with Michael Ballack and they win. Ja! Mit Herr Ballack Chelsea ist die finalist! I am the magic ingredient in this football meal. I am the keystone of the plan scheme.
Liverpool is out. As Sir Alan Sugars says on his nice British TV programme, "You are SACKED!" I love The Apprentices Show. But why do they call him Sugar? He isn't sweet. Riccy has some nightmares about Alan Sugar's big, crinkling leather beard face. He tells me in trainings.

Donnerstag/Thursday
My head is banging, we had the party after the game. It finished at 4am in a London discoclub. The DJ was playing up-tempo musics as we were drinking much champagne and blond lager beer. At one point I went to the DJ and asked him to put on some of my favourite songs. But he didn't have Robbie Williams. He tells me only house music and dancing numbers. I don't care so much. But I know Riccy was upset when he couldn't listen the songs of his preferred rockers Chris De Burgh and Bryan Adams.

Freitag/Friday
Now the games against big clubs are finished until the final in Moscow, I can relax for a while. I want to go to the zoo with Riccy. He loves to see the animals.

Montag/Monday
As I am expected, a relax game against one of England's provincial northen sides with vociferous fans, all who wear the black and white tunic. Chelsea was feeling edgy in the first 45 minutes, but I calmed them in part two mit my excellent goal. Didier (we are of course friends, the argument over the free-kick ist forgotten) crossed the ball and I made a glancing head. No player of Newcastle was challenging me. They defended like some classical England's pub team. This is why you don't see England at Euro 2008. Who leaves the captain of Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft alone in the penalty zone? I punished the Geordie Army!
Now we have one more game to decide the champions. My cash money is on Michael Ballack and Chelsea FC to win the Premier League and dance around covered in smiles and blond lager beer. Then Moscow falls to Michael Ballack and Chelsea FC champions of Europe 2008. The party is waiting. Ja!
I make the next part of my diary after Michael Ballack and Chelsea FC are lifting the UEFA Champions League trophy. I love my life, I am Michael Ballack, a great talent and a hero to the Germans and Londoners.

Back
Top Bottom