Chelsea Thread

80936206.jpg

God is with you mate!

It's what the United fans sung about Rafa at Old Trafford last season mate;

"You're just a fat Spanish Waiter! A fat Spanish Waiiiiiiiiiiter!"

Stop trying to get me banned, it's sad. :)

As is talking about me on MSN ;))

Just got home so haven't seen any replays on the telly yet. Great night, but only just. Why the fuck were we trying to see the game out after 46 minutes? Grant hasn't got a clue - probably the reason Rafa's mind games didn't work - no mind to work on!

Why did Torres get subbed? Why was Essien's goal disallowed?

Still, we're there now.

Hard to believe the club I've watched kicking around the lower parts of the league for 30 years are in a European Cup Final. Football is a weird game....

T Butcher, Drogba was adjudged to have been interefring with play from an offside position. He was blatantly blocking Reina's view, and moving to keep it blocked when Reina moved.

I thought it was a let off at the time and thought it was quite embarassing, because I knew people would moan of 'lucky' Liverpool, who incidentally had no luck in any of the Chelsea games this season ;)

Then I saw the replays.

Does anyone think Rafa's comments actually 'worked' (about Drogba)

He didn't dive the whole game. Instead he played to his potential and proved why he's probably in the top 5 strikers in the business. (apart from the blocking reinas view thing)

fd7a970b22d0e3c45f6e54a1d6556e0c4g.jpg

yes it turned all sour for Rafa about his comments on Drogba it brought out the best in him!! Anelka did his part unselfish on his part kudos to him!! also Ballack's free-kick was agonizing close to a goal!! Well played all the guys... Its Avram's win and it shows how much it meant to him after the game!! Kudos to Grant, Clarke & Ten Cate to get us this far!!
Joe Cole hasn't been his best in the past few matches.. just when we need him the most!! Why can't Anelka play with Drogba from the start why why why??

IMHO the winning goal was a stunner, what a great combination.
I'm glad for the real Chelsea fans (and they know who they are).
I hope it will be a good final and above all a fair final without provocations before and during the game, without diving.
Let's hope the final will be a propaganda match for the premiership, but somehow i don't think this will happen...

I wish managers would stop their useless mind games, i hate that...

yes it turned all sour for Rafa about his comments on Drogba it brought out the best in him!! Anelka did his part unselfish on his part kudos to him!! also Ballack's free-kick was agonizing close to a goal!! Well played all the guys... Its Avram's win and it shows how much it meant to him after the game!! Kudos to Grant, Clarke & Ten Cate to get us this far!!
Joe Cole hasn't been his best in the past few matches.. just when we need him the most!! Why can't Anelka play with Drogba from the start why why why??

Thing is though he doesnt need to dive. he was a disgrace in the first leg and a real handful in the second. he's better than that as he proved.

Chelsea deserved it, and Grant deserves credit.

Drogba showed again why he is one of the top strikers in the world. Shame he has to retort to diving on occassions. He was brilliant, though I am not sure how well he would have done if Skrtel was on.

Not as big as the Fat Spanish Waiter!

:lol:

You're a hypocrite arn't you? :-pp

Didn't you say some time back, that you wouldn't call Rafa a Spanish waiter because you were 'above that'?:DD

They all do it - Look at Gerrards laughable dive last night. What the fook was he doing there?

I'm sure they'd all be better players if they cut it out. I can only guess that they enjoy it?

They all do it - Look at Gerrards laughable dive last night. What the fook was he doing there?

I'm sure they'd all be better players if they cut it out. I can only guess that they enjoy it?

Exactly, its part and parcel of the modern game and as much as we all hate it, its here to stay.

Benitez indirectly fired Drogba up last night and he paid for it :LOL:

Don't really like him, but got to pay respect to him. Showed some bottle there. Well done Frank!

Speaking about Gerrard, yesterday's match once again proved that gerrard is the most overhyped player in the world, just like in England's match against Croatia, where was Gerrard when it really mattered????

Nowhere...
I think a player like Sidwell (not to mention Essien, Lampard and Ballack)is much better than Gerrard.

Speaking about Gerrard, yesterday's match once again proved that gerrard is the most overhyped player in the world, just like in England's match against Croatia, where was Gerrard when it really mattered????

Nowhere...
I think a player like Sidwell (not to mention Essien, Lampard and Ballack)is much better than Gerrard.

Wrong thread.

Everything else wrong as well :D

As an avid Liverpool fan you are prejudiced and why should this be the wrong thread???

But let's not get into aggro, let's agree to disagree...peace brother.

As an avid Liverpool fan you are prejudiced and why should this be the wrong thread???

But let's not get into aggro, let's agree to disagree...peace brother.

Agree to disagree, had the argument a lot.

Anyways, if anywhere, this should be in the Liverpool thread (as Gerrard is a Liverpool player).

Last edited:
I think Grant made a stupid substitution last night, in the last 5 mins, taking off your central midfielder who's been outstanding, Lampard, to be replaced by a crap striker, Shevchenko. So he took off a midfielder for a striker for the last 5 minutes when you are under loads of pressure and trying to see the game out.... :SS

A strange one for me.

Back
Top Bottom