Chelsea Thread

3 thoughts:
1. I've disliked Frank Lampard as much as any rational fan over the past few years, but tonight the man deserves all the credit in the world. To step up as he did, both in the match and the penalty, with what must be going through his head - top stuff. I even got kind of emotional.
2. Chelsea deserved it on tonights match. They played very well in the first half, and when it mattered in the end they did enough, looking forward to Moscow!
3. Now that a no-name manager with no credentials or experience has taken that squad into the CL final, can we:
a. admit Jose was just pretty lucky and very good looking
b. admit that £500m can buy you success?

Congratulations guys.

Outplayed them tonight, really had your big players when you needed them.

Heres' to Moscow.

Outplayed? Hardly. Better team - just. First half theirs, second ours. With better substitutions and a little more ref consistency it might have happened. But thats football. Good luck to Chelsea in the final.

Loved the game. Congrats blues!
I rly hoped you guys could do it, hope you win this year with the team Mourinho built and the average management by Grant.
Still if you win, its a Mourinho win!

oh no. it's gonna start again?

Obviously people will disagree as to who deserved it and what not, but at least he's being gracious in defeat. Get off Antred's back for once.

And congrats to Chelsea...I thought we could've pushed for pens when Babel scored ARGH!

3 thoughts:
1. I've disliked Frank Lampard as much as any rational fan over the past few years, but tonight the man deserves all the credit in the world. To step up as he did, both in the match and the penalty, with what must be going through his head - top stuff. I even got kind of emotional.
2. Chelsea deserved it on tonights match. They played very well in the first half, and when it mattered in the end they did enough, looking forward to Moscow!
3. Now that a no-name manager with no credentials or experience has taken that squad into the CL final, can we:
a. admit Jose was just pretty lucky and very good looking
b. admit that £500m can buy you success?

That isn't your most rational post my friend, in fact that is just pure bullshit. The only thing that makes sense in that post is the second part about Lampard and that Mourinho is good looking.
Every manager starts without credentials, in fact Mourinho had hardly any credentials when he won the UEFA Cup with Porto...conclusion you would draw: Porto bought their success.
Michels had no credentials when Ajax won
Sacchi had no credentials when Milan won

oh and

Ferguson had no credentials when Aberdeen won the Cup winners cup...

Hey Mourinho is great but it's Grant's win.

Hmm, how do you say it ?! hmm
No..
Mourinho built all the team and built the spirit that every player with chelsea on his chest has, Grant just bought Anelka and continued the path that mourinho was following. In the end, it will only be Grants 100% win next season when transfers are done and the team changed, but for now its 55% Mourinho 45%Grant.

loved the game the more classic Champions League semi final witnessed. Ballack was amazing, Lampard considering whats been going on exceptional, Drogba fired when it counted. Credit to Babels goal & Torres Goal!! Was a nerve wrecking and a nail biting finish...

Obviously people will disagree as to who deserved it and what not, but at least he's being gracious in defeat. Get off Antred's back for once.

And congrats to Chelsea...I thought we could've pushed for pens when Babel scored ARGH!

What!? I never been on Antred's back! Antred doesn't even know I exist. :))

I even deleted my thread cause I was afraid it would start a flame war.

:LOL: Funny people.

My bad--didn't see you deleted it. I just thought some people are unfairly jumped upon around here..I'm sure you agree.

Dont worry about it Revan, Chelsea third time lucky go through, you cant always win.

I can understand if you lots were at the game and couldn`t see from a live angle , but for the lots at home watching don`t they show replays LMAO!!

Grant is by far the best manager in the world
look at his subs:
Kalou in 1st leg - got an assist (for risse header)
Shev against man utd - cleared the ball off the line
Anelka in 2nd leg - assisted drogba's goal
:-pp

it was good subs Grants been making in the recent games and I hope it continues. Good point made here about managers not having credentials but yet become one of the best managers good point mate!! I still vote for Grant to have some time with the team as they have shown they are gelling together more and have been playing attacking football in the past two games at least and that's when it was required the most!!

:applause:

Well done lads, you showed the bitters why we're the best two teams in England tonight!

United v Chelsea final!

May the best team win! :)

Well played Blues

I actually have some respect for Grant tonight, something I never thought I would do!. At the end when he was on his knees, you could defiantly tell it meant something to him plus it had something to do with the Israel holocaust which his father died in I beleive

Respect to Avram

Back
Top Bottom