Chelsea Thread

Worth noting against the big 3:
V. United - Interesting handball at end
v. Arsenal - Interesting offside 'no call' on 2nd goal
v. Liverpool - Very interesting 'penalty' from what I still don't know.

For all those who argue football is about margins, you have to admit, fortune is smiling on Chelsea in the league!

Together with the fact that Chelsea always seem to have an extra day or two between each game compared to United. At this stage of the season fatigue plays a massive factor, especially with the Champions League.

I agree that Grant shouldn't get as much stick, because lets face it the results have been class.

But is it really Grant behind it all? All the insiders seem to suggest not, and that it is Ten Cate and Steve Clark who are the masterminds.

Maybe so? so why would you change that? like it or lump it Grant is about to have a better season than Mourinho had with Chelsea and he hasn't even been given the whole season, quite impressive if you ask me :)

Oh, and Ballack just showed what a world class player he is. I mean the way he plays, the swagger, the physical presence. Just awesome!

Could not agree more. But because he played a world cup and full season before the transfer to the premiership he was expected to start running right away. Maybe a couple of years ago but showing his class now.

A Captains Captain

he wouldnt of scored the first goal if Vidic wasnt injured, good penalty tho, although he always goes to that side, so VDS should of done his homework on that one

Worth noting against the big 3:
V. United - Interesting handball at end
v. Arsenal - Interesting offside 'no call' on 2nd goal
v. Liverpool - Very interesting 'penalty' from what I still don't know.

For all those who argue football is about margins, you have to admit, fortune is smiling on Chelsea in the league!

interesting what you're saying...

Vs United:clearly a handball,as clear as the gallas one 2 weeks ago against you at OT.

vs Arsenal,i agree with you concerning the off side,but don't forget we should have had 2 clearly pens before that.

Vs Liverpool:i wasn't talking about the game we drew at anfield,i was talking about our victory in the 1/4 Final of the Carling Cup

I agree with you...they never thought they would have lost the game against Chelsea.
Same about all those United fans who are complaining about the referee, he was brilliant and took all the right decisions...

Considering Grant, he has a splendid record...but i remember the only time my favourite team won the championship here in Belgium (74-75 season...i know i'm old). Many years later lots of players of that team said that they won the title despite the manager and not because the manager and yes that guy got fired a few weeks in the new season and never won anything, i went from club to club and never again got decent results...would Grant be a similar case ??? In all honesty, i doubt it...

I agree with you...they never thought they would have lost the game against Chelsea.
Same about all those United fans who are complaining about the referee, he was brilliant and took all the right decisions...

Considering Grant, he has a splendid record...but i remember the only time my favourite team won the championship here in Belgium (74-75 season...i know i'm old). Many years later lots of players of that team said that they won the title despite the manager and not because the manager and yes that guy got fired a few weeks in the new season and never won anything, i went from club to club and never again got decent results...would Grant be a similar case ??? In all honesty, i doubt it...

Well, from what I've heard, Grant is actually doing very little, and it's mainly Ten Carte who's doing the actual coaching and managing. Grant does seem a bit clueless. I mean Drobga and Ballack were arguing right in front of him, and he just stood there standing.

I truly hope Essien plays at right back on Wednesday. His form is worrying.

I don't know what Chelsea are playing at. If Grant was just the caretaker, he'd be a hero because we can see he is out of his depth.

But he has 4 more years to go on his contract and he is at best tolerated, at worst despised, because we can see he is out of his depth.

Every person I know who goes to Chelsea thinks the same as me (not that that proves anything!). Results have been good, but when things are going wrong and we need someone to change it around Grant is staring at the floor with his head in his hands. He is not a good manager and I hope he goes in the summer. He can go upstairs, I'm not bothered, but the training ground is not his natural habitat.

My my my we have pretty informed people!! Do you guys get your information straight from the clubs insiders? Or do you frequent the gossip mills to get information? Steve Clarke & Ten Cate both are assistant coaches harsh yes but they do work under Grant! Grant gets the stick always never Ten Cate or Steve Clarke when we screw up! But when victorious why not give him his due rather than say he hasn't done anything rather Steve Clarke & Ten Cate are the masterminds. Its Jose's Team thats doing the damage not Grant! rant over!!
Yes it does seem strange that he being given a 4 year deal! Similarly I find strange is our Right Back slot!! We have paulo who has signed a new contract, we have Belletti dunno how long his contract is and we have Ivanovic who is a recent purchase young and pretty much unseen this season just in the reserves where he has been doing well.
And to all the ManU fans who think we scored only because of Vidic's absence tough luck!! Get over it!! We won you guys lost!! Move on!!

:SS Errrrm OK? where have you read any of us complain about the ref or say "theres no way were going to lose" I know you dislike us because you don't like our success or because we are the champions and most dominant team since the Prem but no need to try and make out things that just arent there, as i said Chelsea were the better team and deserved the win.

Delta, my judgements are based on what I see with my own eyes. The people I speak to are fellow season ticket holders. Some have close links to the club, some have no links at all.

It's been a great week, but it still doesn't change my mind about him.

2e586th.gif

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

@ T Butcher Fan: Just putting forward my two cents mate!! I understand Grant hasn't accomplished what he set out to do but at least he's gotten us this far and irrespective of whether it was Ten Cate or Steve Clarke or Jose's Team thats providing us with the results. Thus if you going to give him the stick give him his due when at times he might deserve it!! thats all!! Never was my intention to disrespect your views nor other season pass holders

good luck tonight lads, fitting that we get the best two clubs in the final manchester united v`s chelsea.....make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom