Chelsea Thread

hmm... anyone saying shit about Terry bugger off a'rite guys?? Leave it ManU won great congrats. Terry is the rock of Chelsea and he will always be. Drogba should had a little more understanding and brains to not do such a stunt!! who knows what would have happened if Drogba was still on, Terry would never have been in the Penalty List right?? But then again the issue of why not Kalou? Essien? or for the matter Anelka.... but let bygones be bygones... Its done & dusted.
I'm more happy after the fiasco of the start of the season being in 3 of the 4 competitions!! Grant should be provided another chance next season getting in his type of players next season....

Grant should be provided another chance next season getting in his type of players next season....

Jesus Christ!!! No fucking way!!!

He has come second in 3 competitions this year, and in the other one he lost to Barnsley! He is a serial loser, he was in Israel and he is here. Move him upstairs, whatever, he had his chance and he has delivered nothing but promises.

I'm optimistic for next season, but if Grant is still in charge in August, then it will be another wasted season.

Just some stats about the Bionic Man I saw on another site the other day..

Chelsea lost six games in all competitions this season. Terry started all of them.

By way of comparison, he missed 24 games - including a win over Liverpool, two League Cup semi-finals and the Community Shield against Manchester United - and their record in those encounters reads: Won 19, Drawn 5, Lost 0.

Seriously, I don't mean to go on about it, but he's not all he's cracked up to be and I'm sick of everyone making him out as some kind of defensive superhero when there are at least 15 centrebacks far far better than him.

Seriously, I don't mean to go on about it, but he's not all he's cracked up to be and I'm sick of everyone making him out as some kind of defensive superhero when there are at least 15 centrebacks far far better than him.

So what? You're just going to cry about it on here until everyone agrees with you? If you're so bothered, discuss it in your own thread. I can only speak for myself, but I've got absolutely no interest in what you think of him.

I think I'll leave the crying to Mr Terry.

Anyway, maybe I didnt put my point across too well and it looked a bit negative. I was aiming for a discussion on whether John Terry really is as valuable to Chelsea's defense as say, Ricardo Carvalho is?

It was in reply to the 'Terry is Chelsea's rock' comment, which in my opinion is just a stereotype that has been built up around him. A bit like the 'Ashley Cole is crap now' one, which obviously isn't true (he's a great player). Or that Rio Ferdinand is overrated druggie who can't concentrate which some people still seem to think.

Sorry if I rattled your cage but surely the best place to discuss Terry is here?

To sum it up: Terry indeed is great. Ashley Cole may be (may be) a great player, but if i were Chelsea's manager, he would be the first i would put on the transfer list. Even football players need a tiny litle bit of intelligence. Ashley Cole is the missing link (and that has nothing to do with the colour of his skin).

Anyway, maybe I didnt put my point across too well and it looked a bit negative. I was aiming for a discussion on whether John Terry really is as valuable to Chelsea's defense as say, Ricardo Carvalho is?

Terry and Gallas was our best partnership. Gallas was perfect at the things Terry was bad at, and vice versa. JT and Carvalho do not have the same relationship. It's good, but JT and Gallas were flawless.

There are lot's of players we could replace Carvalho with, but not John Terry. Whoever said he was our rock is absolutely correct - whether you like it or not.

I trust this is now the end of the matter.

I'm optimistic for next season, but if Grant is still in charge in August, then it will be another wasted season.

i still wasn't able to truly realize what grant is all about, coz in a team like chelsea is hard to say where the "natural tactical maturity" of the team ends and where the coach merits begin, but still i wouldn't say this was a wasted season honestly.

u were fighting for the domestic title till the very last match, and your contender was arguably the best team in europe this season (wich gives to chelsea's 2nd place an even bigger value) and u reached the champions league final, wich is an amazing feat (not to mention u were almost winning the final).

i can understand it must be hard for a fan to be happy about theese achievements at the moment, considering u were really close to win both competitions.... but from a neutral point of view, chelsea's season has been awesome, and u guys were arguably the 2nd best team in europe this season :))

Last edited:
Lo Zio, it could have been, and should have been better.

Very few Chelsea supporters think Grant is up to the job. As I said a while back, if he was just a caretaker, then yes he has done a good job but is he a manager that can lead us to anything better than 2nd places? Not a chance.

Test

6944598420233_0_ALB.jpg

Ok - I'll load up my pics in a bit. They're a bit crap to be honest. Taken on a camera phone, weather made everything look a bit gloomy, phone got wet - generally poor!

Last edited:
I have to agree with Lo Zio, Terry...
Don't forget that the man wasn't playing with the team of his choice...When Mourinho was sacked, Chelsea's star player (Drogba) instantly said that he would leave the club.
Under Grant Ballack finally flourished...

So all in all, i think Chelsea had an outstanding season. And honestly, i don't think they can do any better. I've said this numerous times, but Chelsea's team lacks something. Despite all the millions invested in players, they have not enough "real" flair players...to me Joe Cole, Kalou and Malouda are not good enough to be in the best team in Europe. Simlarly Chelsea has way too much (splendid) players of the same type: Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Mikle, Makelele and even Sidwell...all very physical players.
They need real flair players like Ribery and they need players with creativity.
They also need good wing backs...

In short, the people who bought all these similar type of players have done a bad job and not Grant.Chelsea should buy Berbatov and Lennon from Spurs (don't do it, i like Spurs). The Brazilan side back of Sevilla would be a good buy aswell and then the Russian forward of Zenith St Petersburg, the one who gave the assist for the first goal in the final (Arshavin???).

John Terry had lived the hype built around him uptill the moment he had that back injury and surgery...He has lost that bit of pace he had in him,his turning and that extra bit of agility he had is gone now.Even his best weapon,his spring and bullet headers are gone.Used to be unbeatable whenever he goes up for corners.

Now he is just another defender to me...and I cannot believe some of you chelski fans rating Terry better than Ricardo Carvalho...

i just read an interview with Ten Cate on a Dutch site...
Terry wasn't supposed to take the fifth penalty. Drogba was supposed to take it...with him red carded Terry felt that as a captain he had to take responsability...

I read that someone bottled it(according to Ten Cate), he was on the listthen pulled out...So Terry had to step.

Good post phrase...Seriously the guy is lucky that Woodgate
and King have had their international careers blighted by injury...

Alright - brace yourselves! Only really took photos of Red Square because

a) It had the most interesting buildings in a concentrated area
b) it was pissing down the entire day and I didn't want to ruin my phone.

Generally, it looked like any other Western European city. The people, their clothes, the cars, billboards, scaffolding all over the place etc. Exactly the same as Paris, London, Madrid. Not what I was expecting at all. The only thing that wasn't a surprise was the amount of military on show. Thousands of them, all wearing hats 3 or 4 sizes too big for their heads!

Because of the weather, it didn't look at it's best - reminded me of Brussels actually, albeit a much larger version (No offence Gerd, just whenever I'm in Brussels it's always raining!).

We were well treated by the army and police, but the people generally looked miserable - not many smiles to be seen. Whether this was because they had to play host to thousands of English people or not I don't know. I doubt it somehow.

I don't think it was well equipped to entertain thousands of thirsty Brits. Lot's of places were packed, and when we finally did squeeze into a place we had to wait 35 minutes for our first beer. Over 3 hours, we only managed 3 beers and some food. All the waitresses were stressing and lot's of shouting coming from the kitchen - might just have been our place, but they were really badly prepared.

Below is the entrance to Red Square. You have to queue to get through these airport style metal detectors.
30545984202330albro4.jpg

Not sure what the building was on the left was, but now it is a fancy shopping mall. Further on was the Champions League zone (all manner of mundane knick-knacks on show) and St Basils at the back.
60545984202330alboa7.jpg

This is the Kremlin (I think!?). It goes on for miles behind this pic.
90545984202330albml2.jpg

Dunno what this was...
31545984202330albwn9.jpg

The Shopping mall again, done up like Harrods.
61545984202330alblj3.jpg

St Basils. Smaller than you think (like Big Ben is to people who see it for the first time). Apparently the architect who designed it had his eyes cut out so he could never build anything like it again. Unduly harsh.....
99445984202330albws7.jpg

St Basils again...
91545984202330albba6.jpg

The Tube system was impressive. Cheap, punctual, clean - everything London isn't! All the stations were a Russian version of Art Deco, very similar to Grand Central in New York.
32545984202330albxp9.jpg

Bit similar to Wembley Way this. Luzhniki is in the South West of the city, in a clearing by the river. Lot's of trees and parks - really nice. Compared to the industrial wasteland that is Wembley!
62545984202330albej2.jpg

Really crap pic...
92545984202330albyb4.jpg

This is where I was sat. Got bored of taking pictures at this point (It was an hour till kick off and time was dragging). Bored of writing now too - will maybe edit later.
69445984202330albjw3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see any?

God (or Lenin) punished him because he said it's always raining in Brussels...i'm now in Brussels and it's splendid weather...i've eaten an ice cream in my noon pauze...

PS: no offense taken Terry...

Can I load them from my C: drive or does it have to be off the web? They're on my Kodak site - I assume this is the problem?

Nicolas Anelka has voiced his frustration at being asked to play out of position for Chelsea, while he has also admitted that he refused to take one of the first five penalties in the UEFA Champions League final.

Anelka has not been a regular starter since moving to Stamford Bridge from Bolton in the January transfer window and he has often had to play on the wing rather than in his preferred front role.

The Frenchman claims that he was led to believe he would start alongside Didier Drogba in most games, but Avram Grant has been reluctant to change his formation.

He is unhappy with his role and has demanded to be used as a striker when the new season gets underway.

"Since I have joined the club, I never played in my right position, as second centre-forward," Anelka told L'Equipe.

"I have always played on the left or the right. I have never said anything so far. I was a new man in the team, coming from Bolton. But next season it will be different, I won't be a new man anymore, I will be a Chelsea player.

"When I came here, I was told I will play in a 4-4-2 system. I didn't come to play on the right or left.

Nothing to prove

"I don't have to prove my value in the centre. We could have played together with Didier Drogba.

"But we never even worked on our partnership during training sessions."

Anelka came on in extra-time in the Champions League final before his sudden death penalty was saved by Edwin van der Sar to give victory to Manchester United.

He admits it was difficult to play a part in the shoot-out after coming on so late, adding: "I never thought I would come onto the pitch.

"I stayed sitting on the bench for 110 minutes, and then I have been asked to play after just one minute of warm-up.

"I don't know if it has ever happened in a Champions League final, with such an intensity, to play without a warm-up.

"I was asked to be among the five penalty kickers. I said 'out of the question. I came in almost as right full-back and you want me to kick a penalty?' Finally I had to go as number seven."

Skysports

And he says he is not the Sulk

In fact he is right.
He was very honest about not wanting to take penalties (and unfortunately for Chelsea, he was proven right).
I can imagine that a player who barely touched a ball is reluctant to take a penalty kick...

In fact he is right.
He was very honest about not wanting to take penalties (and unfortunately for Chelsea, he was proven right).
I can imagine that a player who barely touched a ball is reluctant to take a penalty kick...

he should'nt say that IMO, its not gonna make chelsea supporters feel any better...

and both teams brought players on in the dying seconds just to take pens, and both of them scored...

he should'nt say that IMO, its not gonna make chelsea supporters feel any better...

Funnily enough - it does. I was wondering how to blame Grant for this! :LOL:

I didn't even realise Anelka was on the bench until he came on. Sheva was warming up for quite some time so I just assumed as there was no sign of Anelka that he had been dropped.

Couldn't believe it when he just appeared from nowhere.

I can see his point totally - if everyone is getting told to warm up except you, you have to prepare yourself for the fact that you're not going to play in a European Cup Final. Then to get stuck out there without any notice? Probably shakes you up a little. That's Grant's leadership all over - clueless twat.

Even still you have to wonder about Anelka's mental strength.

Regardless, it all happened last season. Grant's gone and things are already looking up.

Funnily enough - it does. I was wondering how to blame Grant for this! :LOL:

I didn't even realise Anelka was on the bench until he came on. Sheva was warming up for quite some time so I just assumed as there was no sign of Anelka that he had been dropped.

Couldn't believe it when he just appeared from nowhere.

I can see his point totally - if everyone is getting told to warm up except you, you have to prepare yourself for the fact that you're not going to play in a European Cup Final. Then to get stuck out there without any notice? Probably shakes you up a little. That's Grant's leadership all over - clueless twat.

Even still you have to wonder about Anelka's mental strength.

Regardless, it all happened last season. Grant's gone and things are already looking up.

Has he?:SS News just broke out that your after Robinho, would be EXACTLY what you lot need. i hope it doesn't happen seeing as it would then leave a void on the flanks for Real and we all now who they would like to fill that role.

Yep - nothing confirmed yet, but hopefully just a matter of days.

Don't know anything about the Robinho story - We'll be linked to at least 100 players over the summer. Waste of time talking about any until they sign.

Back
Top Bottom