Champions League 2012/13

Yeah in that 1998-2001 period I like Barça too mainly because of the midfield trio (Guardiola, De la Peña and Rivaldo)

how old are you ? thought u were around 22 !

am 27, I began reckognizing football and knowing teams and players since I was 6 ..
but my father told me I watched with him World Cup 90 (I was 4), but I really don't remember anything from that age ..

Last edited:
I loved that Depor team.
Even if there were constant rumours that they "financed" by drug money for the cocaïne trade. I've read that most of the cocaïne enters Europe in the La Coruna area...don't know if all this is true, but the rumours were quite persistent.

The match against Milan in the QF's a couple of years ago must be my all-time favoured CL match. They were absolutely brilliant then...

Anyway: Valeron !!!!

By a couple years I think you mean more like 10 years Gerd. :P

They were financed by Leandroi (club president) and had a lot of stars and spent a lot of money!

Diego Tristan was my favorite. But yeah Valeron was a great playmaker. Manuel Pablo (The bald right-back) still plays and is the only survivor!!

I remember you had Diego Tristan as your avatar then.
He was brilliant but he liked to party rather too much and he sort of faded away.
They had also a GK who had testicular cancer (Mollina ???).

I remember you had Diego Tristan as your avatar then.
He was brilliant but he liked to party rather too much and he sort of faded away.
They had also a GK who had testicular cancer (Mollina ???).

Yes. The main problem of Depor (as many other clubs in spain) is that is owned by a mobster, Lendoiro, who has multiplied his fortune by 10 while being Deportivo's chairman.

Yes, Lendoiro has the merit of building that special team in the 90s, a team that came from the third division and ended being a big of Europe for a couple of years and eventually won the league. But at the same time he's the main culprit of the current situation, because all the money that the club made at that time has disappeared from the club.

And this is exactly the same problema that clubs like Sevilla, Betis or Valencia have, they are means for mobsters to amass fortunes. It happens to some extent as well to Barcelona and Madrid, but as the chairmen doesn't have the ownership of the club (which is held by the members like me) it's easier to sack them when they start acting like mobsters. As an example, the Real Madrid chairman Lorenzo Sanz lost the elections to Real Madrid against Florentino even if he had won the Champions League, because he acted like a mobster and played with the club's money.

oh man, that lendoiro guy... what a character that was! i loved that team though (valeron being my favourite deportivo player).
i also had huge admiration for irureta.... what's he up to theese days? haven't heard anything about him in quite a while now.

btw, did any of u guys watch bayern manhandling juventus last week? i've never seen a team giving juve such a hard time in the last 2 years.... they got lucky they only lost by 2 goals, as the result could have been much more painful.

Last edited:
By a couple years I think you mean more like 10 years Gerd. :P

They were financed by Leandroi (club president) and had a lot of stars and spent a lot of money!

Diego Tristan was my favorite. But yeah Valeron was a great playmaker. Manuel Pablo (The bald right-back) still plays and is the only survivor!!

Valeron is still playing for them also.

exited about Dortmund vs Malaga match , hope to see great match as first one special that 1st half that was amazing , but this time hope to see goal from Dortmund as well ;)

I would say 2-0 for Dortmund but it dosn't really matter as long as they win :D bet would be 1 (dortmund to win)

also exited to see atmosphere on Istanbul before match start and 5 first min as I don't think Galatasaray has power to make it 3-0 or 4-0 all tho I wish that really much
I think Real is going to win this one too or it will be draw ... I would say 2-2 I see many goal coming on this match , if I make a bet it would be 4-6 goals

Good luck for Malaga
BVB is a great team but many people are starting to consider him Super .. they over-hyped it ..
that's why I will be happy if they go out , because I really don't like overrating ..

in the other hand, Malaga are presenting good and simple football + they always play as the weaker team ..

Málaga are holding up at westfalen, hope they'll score one more or at lease mange to keep the current result.

Good luck for Malaga
BVB is a great team but many people are starting to consider him Super .. they over-hyped it ..
that's why I will be happy if they go out , because I really don't like overrating ..

in the other hand, Malaga are presenting good and simple football + they always play as the weaker team ..

How the hell thu are over rated , didn't they fuck Real Madrid in both matchs ??? You have talked bullshit over here

-----------

Nice goal by bvb , it will be a great 2nd half but I'm afraid Malaga is going to score again :/

And who is overrating them besides media outlets? Certainly not their own players and coaches - so why would their loss make you happy?
Logic?

How the hell thu are over rated , didn't they fuck Real Madrid in both matchs ??? You have talked bullshit over here

-----------

Nice goal by bvb , it will be a great 2nd half but I'm afraid Malaga is going to score again :/

yes they won again Madrid . so what ?
does that make them a super team ?

Celtic won against Barcelona also ..

what I don't like, is the hype over them that makes most of you consider them at the same level as Madrid, Barça, Bayern ..
and when I said I will be happy to see them out, that's a personal taste .. I didn't oblige anyone else to do like me ..
no logic in that ? and who said football is about logic ?
I am always happy to see so many types of teams out, such as Cheaters teams, overrated team so they get back to the reality, and in that case to piss off the quasi-neutral supporters who favor them, also there are teams that many people consider them as teams of "love" , "great public" and all this bullshit, I would be happy to see them fuc*ing out .. and as I said, just because of these so-called "neutrals" ..

but I really have some love for Malaga for being Malaga, and they are really a great team who are always seen as the weakest team ..

Malaga just went ahead and look to go through now..and the goal is clearly offside.

More good work from the officials.

Back
Top Bottom