Champions League 2012/13

So a player that shouldnt have played the match scored in a blatant offside in front of 3 referees and assists the second. Definitely UEFA and Platini work for us, it's a conspiracy!

Intense match, but we have too many injured. Only 4 defenders healthy in the whole squad and Messi and Mascherano out for the second leg. Difficult. Barcelona was lucky at the beginning and psg at the end. Fair result, I think. But referee was abysmal durimg the second half. Barcelona had to defend with 9 players until they scored in what is a terrible mistake by the referee. When teo players collide dangerously and there's a dead ball, yu must allow the team to recover them. It's the rules...

i don´t know mate, it was deflected from keeper or the goal bar i think + Thiago Silva didn´t aim on a player, his header was clearly on goal.. this case is it also offside for Ibra, i would say the ref got it right to allow it.

no PIPA, even if the ball was rebounded from keeper, the off-side still counts ..

it's called Gaining an advantage by being in an offside position
Playing the ball after the ball has rebounded off the goal, the goalkeeper, or any opponent

source:
Laws of the Game 2009/2010 PDF (1.9 MB) (page 102), FIFA, February 2010
and here's the pdf to download
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

Ibra was clearly off-side ..

Been awhile since I watched a game at a pub. Both games were on. I arrived late so I took an open spot by the bar. Atmosphere was great. Lots of chanting, particularly by the Juve supporters whenever Ibra or PSG scored. Guess they had to cheer for something because Juve couldn't put the ball in the back of net. Also a ton of Messi sucks chants were coming from the Juve group. I found that to be a bit weird.

Can`t believe Barca let that slip 2-2 :ACHOO:. Bayern are too experienced! Alaba`s goal had such a deceitful bounce that deflated Juve.

So a player that shouldnt have played the match scored in a blatant offside in front of 3 referees and assists the second. Definitely UEFA and Platini work for us, it's a conspiracy!

Intense match, but we have too many injured. Only 4 defenders healthy in the whole squad and Messi and Mascherano out for the second leg. Difficult. Barcelona was lucky at the beginning and psg at the end. Fair result, I think. But referee was abysmal durimg the second half. Barcelona had to defend with 9 players until they scored in what is a terrible mistake by the referee. When teo players collide dangerously and there's a dead ball, yu must allow the team to recover them. It's the rules...

It was definitely offside and shouldn't have been given as a goal. But, you're incorrect with regards to the two injured players.

If play has to be stopped for injury, than the injured players must leave the field of play to be treated, regardless of if two are on the same team. The only time a referee should stop play is if there is danger to a player - which pretty much only applies to head injuries.

The reason the rule was changed was to stop teams being able to halt play by pretending to be injured. The reason you have to leave the pitch is two-fold - one to stop you wasting time laying a foot from the touchline while being treated and two to stop the incentive of feigning injury to waste time. If you go down and force the physios on, you know you're going to have to leave the pitch.

I think it's a very welcome rule, given certain tactics that were emerging in the game.

If those two Barcelona players were fit enough to come back on 30 seconds after they'd gone down 'injured' than clearly they were fit enough to have not gone down injured in the first place.

You're wrong: when 2 players of the same team are injured because of a collision and the referee doesn't think they were wasting time, the referee MUST do an exception and allow both players to enter the pitch again.

Considering that Mascherano broke his ligament and that PSG took profit of it and almost scores, I don't see where's the potential waste of time there, specifically when the referee let the play went on with 2 possibly injured players in the floor.

According to the rules of FIFA for this year, should have let them in.
That's the rules, guys.

By the way, Mascherano went on to the pitch because he's a bloody tough guy, but he was severly injured and had to be subbed 1 minute after anyway. His season is over due to a broken ligament and he had an open cut in the leg.

It was yet another flagrant mistake of the referee that in the span of 10 minutes took abysmal decisions:

- A free kick (after a PSG player dived, by the way, costing Mascherano a yellow) is taken and ends with two Barcelona players dangerously injured in the pitch, but referee allows the play to go on and 2 PSG players take advantage of the 2 injured men and try to score. Valdes saves it miraculously. The ref (or the 5th ref who is 3 meters away from 2 injured players) should have stopped the match. But anyway, I can even understand that.

- Now, with the clock stopped the referee doesn't allow them to come inside, so Barcelona has to defend the corner with 9 men until the play ends with yet another foul. Technical error by the referee, who doesn't know the rules. I know them because I studied for referee.

- PSG kicks the free kick and Ibrahimovic scores in a bloody blatant offside with 3 referees in front of him. What's the point of the 5th referee if he has Ibra only 3 meters away and can't see the bloody offside?

Those 10 minutes were crucial for the match, and Stark was terrible there, but mainly because of technical shortcomings that you don't expect in a match like this one. Nothing to do with the overall result because I think the draw is fair, but still... that's not knowing the rules at all!

Last edited:
Well the way Barca players fall over on minimal contact time after time can you blame PSG or the ref for continuing the game, I don't know if the parable of "the boy who cried Wolf" is known in Catalonia. Isnt it only for head injuries that the game has to be stopped? So far as I'm aware, by the letter of the law, the ref only has to stop the game for head injuries, otherwise if its not a foul the game can go on to the next stoppage of play - in practice one team will usually kick the ball out but legally noone has to.

No simulcast available for you? I will watch German Sky simulcast today and Malaga-BVB single match tomorrow.
I have all games so i recording Bayern Juve and just see it, the both games are very nice, the CL start really in 1/4 :COOL:
What about Vidal ?? I love this player but today this guy want really take a yellow card and miss the 2nd leg...
Daniel Alves assist.. no comment

Definitely UEFA and Platini work for us, it's a conspiracy!
Not again :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
You're wrong: when 2 players of the same team are injured because of a collision and the referee doesn't think they were wasting time, the referee MUST do an exception and allow both players to enter the pitch again.

Considering that Mascherano broke his ligament and that PSG took profit of it and almost scores, I don't see where's the potential waste of time there, specifically when the referee let the play went on with 2 possibly injured players in the floor.

According to the rules of FIFA for this year, should have let them in.
That's the rules, guys.

To be clear, I'm almost 100% sure that UEFA rules this year (and the last 2/3 seasons now) dictate that play is only to be stopped by the official if a player is in serious risk - which translates into a head injury. Certainly that's what I've been told.

Two Barcelona players collided off the ball - neither had a head injury - and hence play should continue. Once play is dead, then the ref allows physios to come onto the pitch to assess the injuries.

Here's the actual rule, if physios enter the pitch:
• as soon as the referee has authorised the doctors to enter the field of play, the player must leave the field of play, either on a stretcher or on foot. If a player does not comply, he must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour
• an injured player may only return to the field of play after the match has restarted
• when the ball is in play, an injured player must re-enter the field of play from the touch line. When the ball is out of play, the injured player may reenter from any of the boundary lines
• irrespective of whether the ball is in play or not, only the referee is authorised to allow an injured player to re-enter the field of play

So as far as I can tell the ref did his job to the letter of the law. Bravo ref.

What you propose is that Barcelona players should have stayed down, received treatment, then been allowed to just continue playing? That doesn't happen, it is literally against the rules.

That Macherano chose to play on with ligament damage is nothing to do with the referee. Is he supposed to use different rules depending on the post-match x-ray?!

Jihado, that was a stone wall penalty, if you don't see that, then you are either blind or blinded by Real Madrid tinted glasses. Why watching matches hoping that teams would loose.

I was surprised by PSG, they were much stronger than i expected. What a fantastic class act Thiago Silva is, by far the best CB in the world. IMO only Mats Hummles comes a litle bit near...

I don't understand why Beckham played and Verratti was on the bench...
I was also happy that Matuidi scored the equaliser, which wasn't a GK mistake IMO...either the ball took a deflection or it went behind some player's legs (or both).

I'm glad for that Allaba goal, he's one of my favourite players.

To be clear, I'm almost 100% sure that UEFA rules this year (and the last 2/3 seasons now) dictate that play is only to be stopped by the official if a player is in serious risk - which translates into a head injury. Certainly that's what I've been told.

Two Barcelona players collided off the ball - neither had a head injury - and hence play should continue. Once play is dead, then the ref allows physios to come onto the pitch to assess the injuries.

Here's the actual rule, if physios enter the pitch:
• as soon as the referee has authorised the doctors to enter the field of play, the player must leave the field of play, either on a stretcher or on foot. If a player does not comply, he must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour
• an injured player may only return to the field of play after the match has restarted
• when the ball is in play, an injured player must re-enter the field of play from the touch line. When the ball is out of play, the injured player may reenter from any of the boundary lines
• irrespective of whether the ball is in play or not, only the referee is authorised to allow an injured player to re-enter the field of play

So as far as I can tell the ref did his job to the letter of the law. Bravo ref.

What you propose is that Barcelona players should have stayed down, received treatment, then been allowed to just continue playing? That doesn't happen, it is literally against the rules.

That Macherano chose to play on with ligament damage is nothing to do with the referee. Is he supposed to use different rules depending on the post-match x-ray?!

Actually there is an exception when two players of the same team colide and the referee is allowed to let them back instantly. And they can stop the play if a player is dangerously hurt even if its not a head injury. Mascherano had a broken ligament and the 5th ref is just in front.

But further than that, whats the use of the fifth referee if they cant see any of all that?

As much as I enjoy watching Barcelona play, I am so happy that PSG got that last minute equaliser.

It seems as if the Barca players have the attitude of spoilt children, harassing the referee persistently when a decision doesn't go their way. I think there could have been 7 or 8 of them surrounding the referee at one point. They really annoy me when this happens. I may be exaggerating here, but it seems to be a regular occurrence.

Maybe i'm extremely biased towards Barcelona (i think i'm not, this year i want a German final) but it seems to me all teams act like that...
The only one who has zn attitude i don't like is Busquets.
Compare Messi to other super star players like Maradonna and Cristiano Ronaldo and he is extremely calm towards referees.

Personally I agree with DasKapital, they do tend to surround the refs time after time. But you are right to say that Busquets is the biggest offender, I would also add that Dani Alvez and Victor Valdez also complain and surround the refs a lot. I remember bebo calling Valdez "Nurse Jackie" as he always runs to the ref to be the center of attention. He did it again in the Copa Del Rey match where, after the final whistle, he ran to the ref and swore at him for about 4-5 mins got a yellow card, and then instead of walking away the moron just kept swearing at the ref and ended up with a red card. It was disgraceful and a very bad example to set.

I was surprised by PSG, they were much stronger than i expected. What a fantastic class act Thiago Silva is, by far the best CB in the world. IMO only Mats Hummles comes a litle bit near...

I don't understand why Beckham played and Verratti was on the bench...
I don't know if you see Valencia PSG, can finish 0-5, this team up the level in important games and about Beckham i think it's about experience and quick clean balls in counter.

20080213141700-ladron.gif

Personally I agree with DasKapital, they do tend to surround the refs time after time. But you are right to say that Busquets is the biggest offender, I would also add that Dani Alvez and Victor Valdez also complain and surround the refs a lot. I remember bebo calling Valdez "Nurse Jackie" as he always runs to the ref to be the center of attention. He did it again in the Copa Del Rey match where, after the final whistle, he ran to the ref and swore at him for about 4-5 mins got a yellow card, and then instead of walking away the moron just kept swearing at the ref and ended up with a red card. It was disgraceful and a very bad example to set.

Maybe i'm extremely biased towards Barcelona (i think i'm not, this year i want a German final) but it seems to me all teams act like that...
The only one who has zn attitude i don't like is Busquets.
Compare Messi to other super star players like Maradonna and Cristiano Ronaldo and he is extremely calm towards referees.

I agree with that Gerd has said about Messi, I didn't really mean to include him in that. He has a sterling attitude when he plays and I don't think I have ever seen him contest a decision to the extent his team mates do.

As you both mentioned: Busquets is the worse. It's the attitude of certain players within the team that ruins the experience of watching them at times. The situation of harassing the referee when he ruled for a PSG corner after two of their players collided was ridiculous. Arguing with the referee that much isn't called for, you may not agree with the decision, but there's no need moan about in such a manner.

Ibra clearly offside, Alexis pen a clear dive (much clearer than Adriano's one in the last clasico). fair result anyway, imo.

on another note, the only likeable players in whole Barcelona squad are Puyol, Abidal, Song and Messi (even if he did those, he's a normal guy imo but I never like the fact that he's being sold as a little humble angel by media). for the rest, I find all of them extremely irritating. they are either some cheating divers(Busquets, Alba, Pedro, Fabregas, Alexis, Mascherano, Adriano, Iniesta) or some arrogant/ref surrounding twats (Xavi, Valdes, Alves, Pique, Villa and the divers I mentioned). even Real Madrid don't have that many cunts in the team. I think that's why Barça get some special treatment from people like me. and their fanboys just don't help but make it even worse as well. it's just sickening to see a Barcelona fan around bitching about refereeing in their games.
gerd, I'm sure you know Diego much much more than I do but how come you expect this man to be so calm on the pitch?

YouTube - Patadas a diego Maradona

imagine that the ref missed a call like one of the above, it would just drive anybody crazy, let alone a guy like him. and I'm pretty sure that that happened much more than one occasion.

two big games tonight , I won't say as exited as last night ones but still its CL and you never know

Real Madrid vs Galatasaray - Real Madrid got some luck to get Galata at this stage , I think its most "poor" team left to this competition , they are very good at home (as most turkish or ballkanik teams can be) but I don't think they can do anything away special when they face a strong team like Read Madrid , all tho I would love Galatasaray take one possitive result or even lose like 2-1 or so , but its gonna be really hard to get something from bernabeu , I would say Real to win this match 3-1 (all tho i wish 1-1 or 2-1 :D)

Malaga vs Dortmund - I think Dortmund gonna win this one , they are fav (and my fav for this CL so far) , it will be hard match , but for some reasons I think they'll beat Malaga tonight , I hope im not wrong honestly but I don't know why i have this feeling like this match its gonna be "easy" for Dortmund , I hope they're players don't think as I do coz thats really bad there are no easy match's I know this special on CL ! I would say 0-2 for Dortmund !

tonight I have match on tv , Real vs Galata , and I'll also watch on pc Malaga vs Dortmund (which one im more exited to watch but they dont show on tv)

Yeah, can't quite get as excited as last night, but still some scintillating stuff. Love this stage of the CL.

Am thinking Madrid 3-1 and Dortmund to draw 2-2.

yeah really great match Malaga vs Dortmund , im thinking how the hell they gonna be able to play 2nd half if they are runing so much LOL

Galata are playing good so far , shame they are down by two !

İn the first half we dominated every time but we didnt concead our goalie. 2 dangerous position and 2 goal. We have a 3-4 very important position but nothing. We played very well i think sometimes. Will see second half

Anyone NOT watching the Dortmund vs. Malaga game is missing BIG time!!

Best 0-0 half I've seen in a long time! So many chances created, so much sublime skill, movement, pace. It's attractive football at its best and an open game so far! Can't wait for 2nd half!

Both sides are excellent with the ball. Lots of chances, can't believe it's 0-0!

Wish I got to see more of this Dortmund side, though I'v heard they've been saving their best for the CL.

And i'm watching the other match. Galatasaray are far too weak, how did they come that far ???
Sneijder invisible and that defense is really terrible.

Back
Top Bottom