Celtic Thread

Doing well in the transfer market currently, also linked today with Van Buyten. Thought he looked a decent defender too, so here's hoping.

Maybe Gerd can give us a better evaluation on Van Buyten?

FD

Ok if FD asks me something i try to reply asap.
Daniel Van Buyten. Tough question. Played a couple of very, very lousy matches with our national team.
On the other hand he has done very well with Olympique Marseille, Manchester City, Hamburger SV and Bayern Munchen. Currently he is on the bench at Bayern Munchen and wants to play regularly.
Van Buyten is a tall, strong centre back who used to be a centre forward when he was a young player. He is a very decent central defender and scores lots of goals (a very good header and can take a mean free kick aswell, he has a thundershot).
With our national team he has made a few costly mistakes in important matches which according to the press is bad luck/ a coïncidence.
In all the clubs where he played, he is considered a leader on and off the field, except at Bayern Munchen but that is a very tough and difficult club (FC Hollywood).
I think he's better than Joos Valgaeren, who IMHO did very well in Celtic before he became injury prone...

The History of the Grand Old Team

BELFAST CELTIC.

The legendary Belfast Celtic Football Club was the leading light in Irish football from 1891 to 1949. Despite being twice forced to withdraw from competition due to the political uppheavals of the time, the Celtic team won numerous trophies and gained the admiration of the sporting community in Ireland and further afield before withdrawing from League competition for good in 1949.

During their time in competition, Celtic had won the Irish League fourteen times, the Irish Cup eight times, the City Cup Winners ten times and the Gold Cup seven times. The Belfast Celtic team was the pride of Irish football until it was forced out of competition after the dramatic game against Belfast rivals Linfield on Boxing Day 1948.

The Celtic team had to run from the pitch for their lives when Linfield fans poured over the terrace barriers at the end of a 1 - 1 draw. Centre forward Jimmy Jones was thrown over a parapet, kicked unconcious and left with a broken leg. Defender Robin Lawler and goalkeeper Kevin McAlinden were also seriously hurt. At a meeting the same night Celtic's directors decided to withdraw from football once the season' commitments had been fulfilled.

The city of Belfast never recovered from its loss and neither did Irish football. The formation in 2003 of the Belfast Celtic Society is living proof that the Grand Old Team is not forgotten.

history of the club and an inspiration to those who are currently campaigning for the reformation of Ireland's greatest ever football team.

Last edited:
LOL..............right back position is cursed. Our injuries have been a joke this season.

Wilson - Out at start of season, still not back.

Doumbe- Injured against Milan at Parkhead, not back till March.

Hinkel - Injured 11mins into his 2nd game.

Hartley - covering for Hinkel and get's injured at the weekend.

LOL............you couldn't make this up.

Also Celtic sign Samaras on loan, not sure about him, more of a big poser with no heart. Koki Mizuno looks good crosser, but not sure if he's built for the SPL.

FD

Fantastic finish. From what I've saw of him in Holland has decent pace and bags of skill.

Took his goal brilliantly, actually felt he would score when he came on.

FD

BRILLIANT

CELTIC.jpg

hehe........yep, I saw a few Celtic scarves, actually there's been a lot of friendly talk between Pana and Celtic.

Big game tomorrow, going to be hard with a team of Barca's calibre, but here's hoping the bhoys recent form will help them out.

FD

Yep, 3 bad goals to lose, thought Ronaldinho and Messi where terrific, although both Messi's goals where very lucky.

As GS said 'I wouldn't bet my house on it'............LOL.

FD

yeh true i can see celtic get a result in spain but not enough to go through we shall see , hope im wrong , well done to nak for the win yesterday , great strike!!:ROCK:

Back
Top Bottom