Celtic Thread

Feckn hell, where have you came back from.

There's a few kicking around tbh, not sure what is what.

About last night, good performance in the end, thought we held our own and didn't crumble.

FD

a long way to go mate, still to many big games blues v glens reds v glens and so - on , we shall see its anybodies, on form though its the glens with eight wins in a row..and already rolled the blues over at christmas...

a long way to go mate, still to many big games blues v glens reds v glens and so - on , we shall see its anybodies, on form though its the glens with eight wins in a row..and already rolled the blues over at christmas...

They did that, but it won't happen this time around, the boxing day defeat hurt the blues, and you lot fuked it up for yourselfs on tuesday night at Newry.

Last edited:
Hello celtic fan! I have a curiosity. Why Blade never plays and he is not even on the bench anymore!?

blade_trinity.jpg

Blade you say, well he's a bit of a psycho and starts chopping people up, so Celtic have had to drop him as he's just putting us down to 10 men every game. :DD:-pp

Nah seriously, your obviously meaning Balde. Strachan just doesn't rate him, although plays Caldwell before him. For me Balde is our best defender and although he has rough edges his aerial ability, strength and pace are really needed at Celtic.

FD

Thanks, yeah, i meant Balde not Blade :D ...funny joke!

It' s strange Strachan doesn' t rate him so much. He played a good african cup too. What is strange is that he is never on the bench! I mean it' s okay to put Caldwell in the starting eleven but why not considering Balde even for the bench?
I thought he had new problems on the leg he brake last year!
Happy you think he is the best defender you have :)

Last edited:
He has been injured recently, he's been added to the squad for the Old Firm game tomorrow, but I don't expect him to play.

He broke into the team and looked good giving us our first clean sheet away from home for 16 months, he played in another 1 or 2 games after that which we won too (and don't think we conceded) and then he went to the African Nations Cup, that put Caldwell in and to be fair he hasn't done too bad lately. However he does usually have a howler for the big games.

What doesn't help is that Bobo is on almost £30k a week, which I feel is too excessive and the board want that huge wage off their bill, although he still get's paid whether he plays or not, so I'd rather have him in the team than not as it doesn't make a difference financially to us and he would boost the team.

The thing is he always plays well against Rangers and puts the scares into their forwards with his strength and pace. Even in Europe he's been great for us, but unfortunately people who doubt him don't forget him being sent off in Seville and a silly handball in the dying minutes against Lyon to knock us out of the CL.

FD

Looks like we've blown it now. We're a bit of a state tbh and Rangers are not far behind us too, that's what's worrying me.

Was that Thomsons when he scored or when he was brutally hawled down by Samaras...............LOL.

FD

Difference is we are going towards a better place and your side is failing. We are rebuilding and Celtic will be breaking up.

The current Celtic team are one of the worst I've seen in years. Average at best.

Celtic's last chance at the weekend, looks like Ranger's anti-football might just be catching up with them in all fronts, with injuries and suspensions.

FD

This term anti football was fine when Henry used it to describe Scotland beating France twice but when the shoes is on the other foot.....

Last edited:
Here's hoping, here's hoping.

One more slip-up and that could be it. We have to win our next 2 games, but Rangers have to win their last 5 games to win it. And their recent domestic record has been quite poor lately.

FD

They are horrible to watch mate, I have to say and I ain't being petty when I say it. However it's proved successful and Rangers fans will be more than happy to be playing away for what they are compared to last year and before.

I was listening to the radio and some of the analysts where talking about their tactics in Europe, and someone said that maybe their negativity or defensive play was catching up with them domestically. Think they may have a point.

Here's hoping they slip up against Motherwell tonight as this will give Celtic pole position in the league.

FD

I also hope they will be thrashed by Zenith in the final of the UEFA Cup...the way they played against Fiorentina is a disgrace
Of course i'm subjective, one could also say that they play clever football to be fair.

BUT SINCE THIS IS THE CELTIC THREAD: THEY ARE BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also hope they will be thrashed by Zenith in the final of the UEFA Cup...the way they played against Fiorentina is a disgrace
Of course i'm subjective, one could also say that they play clever football to be fair.

BUT SINCE THIS IS THE CELTIC THREAD: THEY ARE BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since this is the celtic thread, talk about celtic. theres a rangers thread here, not hard 2 find

Back
Top Bottom