Celtic Thread

Yeah Jay that's right, can't see it though, they're a right good team, probably the best 4th seed in the whole tournie (they're probably better than most 3rd seeds and a few 2nd seeds too). I'll settle for a 1-0 scrappy win and I'll root for AC to win in Lisbon, meaning they might take they're foot off the pedal.

Thought we played brilliant, especially in the 2nd half, although we still missed some sitters in the first. As much as they could've beat us by 3 goals or so in Benfica, we could've done likewise last night. Hartley was outstanding once again, Skippy worked his arse off and McGeady played as well as I've ever saw a Celtic player play in Europe.

FD

Thought we played brilliant, especially in the 2nd half, although we still missed some sitters in the first. As much as they could've beat us by 3 goals or so in Benfica, we could've done likewise last night. Hartley was outstanding once again, Skippy worked his arse off and McGeady played as well as I've ever saw a Celtic player play in Europe.

lol..you must be kidding;) Yeah, it was quite the same.. you should watch Luz's match highlights again..we had plenty of chances including several world class saves by Boruc, and 2 balls on the post. If you think Celtic has done the same yesterday..
Yesterday I saw an extremely lucky Celtic, scoring a crappy goal when Benfica was clearly dominating the match (with 11 mins of play we already had more chances than you had in Luz whole match)... Second half was more balanced, but even then, Benfica had that chance by Cardozo a few cm wide and Edcarlos header saved on the line by Naylor.. Celtic also had a couple of chances on counter attack on the last minutes when Benfica had nothing to lose, and was playing with 10 players.. Our second half wasn't good, but that doesn't mean yours was brilliant.In fact, if you consider that brilliant, what would you say about Benfica 2nd half on Luz? Super-Hiper Brilliant?lol...just my opinion.
And, although being an interesting player, don't get too excited about McGeady...Luis Filipe is our worst player by far..he simply can't defend. I saw Paços de Ferreira players doing the same last week...

Anyway, congrats on the win..this is football, and if it's not Benfica going to next round I really hope it's Celtic.. Great fans..

"With regret for what he had done to the celtic player - Binya cried in the locker room"

wdiag.jpg

He should cry after a heavy ban as well.

I think he should get 3/4 matches (the max he can get is 5)...although it was his first card on competition, he deserves to be punished for that brutal play...

BUT...I think it's a shame what Celtic staff are doing, pressing the UEFA to get him a very heavy ban.. He was sent off (as he should be), he's going to be banned (as he should be) and UEFA is capable to take this decisions..they don't need some scottish telling them to make it heavy for him. BESIDES..Celtic are not exactly an example to be playing that role...For a team that had Roy Keane and which one of their legends/captain (Lennon) stepping on a players face with his foot on purpose, they seem to 'demand a lot'... Im not excusing Binya for what he did...but this behaviour from Celtic members and press is just shameful!

Check 1:01 and tell me if the scottish also asked for an exemplary ban...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOFcQLUcx6k

Press is hardly anything to do with Celtic. As for the Celtic 'members' commenting on the tackle, think they have a right, although maybe yourself and foxtrot who seems to be well versed in the comments can give me examples of Celtic 'members' demanding things? I'd guess they probably said it should be a heavy punishment and that's that.

As for the game, you've obviously only watched the highlights as your gibbering on about we had some chances after Benfica where down to 10 men, not on my tele there wasn't, it was 11 v 11 when we missed all the chances. And as a fact Benfica had 1 more shot on goal in Lisbon than Celtic did at Parkhead, so hardly a huge difference.

Best be putting your dummy back in too. :lol:

FD

Great result for Celtic last night, not at the top of their game, but the better team won.

Very disappointed in Donetsk's play, play acting and long ball galore, I could accept with a team who don't have huge finances, but spending £40+ over the summer and coming up with that is pretty poor.

FD

Very surprised at the bookmakers making the draw tonight 10/11, hope they're right as they usually are.

Good thing is that Benfica are still playing for something and for me are a better football team than Donetsk.

C'mon the Hoops!

FD

Wasn't as nerve racking as it usually is, due to the Benfica score.

Great that we're through and hopefully the manager will see some of the money considering we only spent Net £2m.

Was a poor game and Milan deserved the victory. Kaka came on to a right game and thought old Cafu was excellent too.

Was good that our players celebrations where muted and they admitted that they where poor and weren't pleased overall with the night.

FD

Congrathulations Lisbon Lions, you made it once again.

I wish all the luck of the world for you all.

;)

Haha Donati spoke about Scottish football to the Italian media before the game against Milan and said its weird how Scottish players eat stuff like lasagna and fried food before a game.

Great win for Inverness CT today - you guys reckon Rangers have it in them to go and win the SPL this season? Also, is Boruc really unsettled at Celtic or is it just rumours?

Yeah, Hinkel would hopefully be a step in the right direction for our defence which is woeful at the moment. Wouldn't mind Matt Taylor also who has been linked.

As for Boruc, tremendous goalie and will be a blow if we lose him. We will get a lot of money I think for him, but think the board will keep the money back from the puppet........errr, I mean manager.

Yep, Rangers can win the league, the coming next few weeks will shape up who is going to win the title I think. If Rangers go into the Old Firm game with Celtic with the same points difference and with 2 games in hand and get through the OF game with a result, then I'd say they'd be favourites to win it.

FD

How can playing Barcelona get tedious when you play Hibernian and co. four times every season!? I would be chuffed as a Celtic supporter personally. :)

Well you know what to expect in the league. Playing in Europe gives us the chance to go all around Europe facing different teams.

It will be a great night against Barcelona but I would have preferred someone like Madrid.

You have more chance of getting through against Barcelona IMO. They are losing at the moment to Real as it goes. :)

Back
Top Bottom