Celtic Thread

I didn't expect Celtic to win either but I was at least hoping they would play half-decent. :|

I would of played McGeady you know, Hartley was great for scotland in france but he hs been pretty useless for celtic. He is not good enough!

Yeah I agree. McDonald doesn't look good enough for European football either and Celtic are really lacking pace everywhere on the park.

Yeah your right about that. It is worse when Pressley plays, but at the back celtic need pace. Not sure why GS never sorted that out in the summer.

Actually thought Hartley was one of our better players, as was MacDonald, although I do agree we should've had a top class striker in to partner JVOH.

Poor performance, but not going to get too carried away with it.

We've been drawn in a very hard group, Milan the Champions of Europe, Benfica have sold some players but wasn't too bad a result last night and Donetsk who can go and spend £40m, while we've spent £2m in reality.

FD

Yes it is a pretty hard group but if we're going to go out we should take it right to the wire.

Last nights performance wasn't good enough but I always fancy Celtic to win at home. The problem is that we have 2 away games left and I think we need to win at least 1 to go through.

We obviously can't expect points from Milan so I think we have to take 6 from Benfica. :|

We obviously can't expect points from Milan so I think we have to take 6 from Benfica. :|

Not very likely mate. I'd say it will be the other way around... ;)

I wasn't feeling good about our chances at the beginning of the season, but now with our new coach's mentality, the young players are starting to gel into the team (Rodriguez, Di Maria). Rui Costa is leading the team perfectly.

And yesterday we played without the core of our defence. Our central defenders were 18 and 22, their first games in European competition. We'll do a lot better with the full squad back. :)

Yeah I don't think it's very likely either, with Benfica having a lot of young and I assume fast players they shouldn't really have a problem creating chances against us. Boruc will have to play well in both games and Celtic need to try to play attacking football, maybe score on the counter.

Not hopeful.

Looks like the OF are playing 'pass the parcel' with the league. Rangers will be having some tricky games in the coming month or so, so we'll have a better indication after this quarter is done and then that'll be everyone played home and away.

Europe beckons, and Milan are not playing so well, but I think it's going to be very difficult to get a result, hopefully Kaka is out with the injury he picked up yesterday, although we have some injury problems ourselves.

FD

Bloody hell it's quiet in here! What a result against the European Champions tonight! Scottish football is hot at the moment. Well done Bhoys! :)

Bhoys did well, pity we had an idiot fan, he'll probably get his head caved in though.

We put up a good fight against them and although they weren't at their best, they're the CL holders of only 4 months ago.

Not 100% sure if I caught it right, but I'm sure it said we hadn't lost a CL (or maybe European goal) in 3 years.

FD

Not 100% sure if I caught it right, but I'm sure it said we hadn't lost a CL (or maybe European goal) in 3 years.

Celtic last conceded goal in the CL (proper) at home was in September 2004. The non-celebrating Henrik Larsson scored Barcas 3rd in a 3-1 loss for Celtic. Although they went on to draw 1-1 in Spain.

Not a bad record at all, and if Kaka hadn't scored that dubious penalty (was the ball even in our atmosphere?) Celtic would be level with the record amount of champions league shut-outs. Still, beating the current European champions ain't too bad, mussolini Berlusconi, your boys took one hell of a beating.

Benfica, like last time, wont be flying home from Glasgow with any points.

Now, the away games... thats a little different.

P.s What was that about McDonald? 7 Goals in 11 and many, many assists, looks like we really have a poacher on our hands and the wee man is a strong worker too.

Last edited:
Propotionality is a nice word.

kung fu kicking a fan, assualt where a player incorrectly goes into the crowd.

Eric Cantona 7 month ban.

Excitedly being silly and running onto a pitch and tapping a player on the chin in a cheeky manner. A fan incorrectly entering the pitch area.

Football fan Lifetime ban.

Is it just me, am I missing something here?

I don't give a rats arse about the fan, he deserves it.

We've got too much to lose with imbeciles like this running around.

Skippy has been doing magic Sheep, he was a player I actually thought we should go for, although I did have reservations about making a mark in the CL. He's excellent at holding the ball up and is a good player with the ball at his feet, lacks a bit of pace and not sure if he'll be turning players and getting past defences though.

FD

Big game this weekend, at least we have a nice wee cushion meaning even a defeat will probably keep us top. Although I do feel we can win at Ibrox from what I've saw of both teams.

See Brown and Hutton are back..............surprise, suprise.

FD

Another shit performence today again, Full deserved to loose 3-0 to the orcs, WGS couldent motivate his granny ffs and can someone please shoot that usles tit caldwell please he's becoming a huge hole at the back,Get him out dae fuck and get Balde back...:(

got any photos of the scoreboard foxtrot?

Only of before the game. :roll:

Why any photographer would take a picture of that, I don't know.

_44188554_dejected_fan_rangers_sns.jpg

Just wanna congrathulate Celtic fans for their support and fair play, they are just a very gentle lads! :applause:

See you @ Celtic Park! ;)

Should have been 5. :|

Is that Celtic should've scored 5? Rangers where more clinical that was the difference and our defending at the goals where awful. We had more shots on goal than them and that was a fact.

Should be a tight game tomorrow but I'm confident we can get a win.

FD

Well, if I remember correctly, Rangers had a perfectly good goal ruled offside and created more real chances than Celtic. They just seemed more likely to score again than for Celtic to get a consolation goal in my opinion. I wasn't happy with that performance at all.

That was awhile ago now though and Celtic are still sitting top of the league, no worries. ;)

If Celtic beat Shakhtar in their next game I hope they do so by 3 goals, would make things a whole lot easier (it does go on head-to-head, right?).

Last edited:
Well done lads.

No bias towards any team in Scotland, as an Evertonian should I have?

Not sure of all the crap history of such things anyway- hope you get through to the latter knockout phase..reckon you will.

Back
Top Bottom