Celtic Thread

Whats everyones opinion on celtic signing joey Barton from Man city? ive seen a few papers talk about this.........

On another note while celtic gear to sign up joey rangers are handing a Veteran unknown 32 yr old Turk a Deal......... hmm love the ambition their

joey barton is a great player, but he is a risky buy, he fights with his team mates all the time, so would he realy be worth it?

WTF are you talking about, his life was threatened. In his hometown of Lurgan a wall was marked "RIP Neil Lennon", he had calls saying never to return to Ireland or he would be done in. Abused sectarianly against Norway at a home game.

FD

yes he was, apparently by a lvf man who phoned the police and told them this, but why would neil want to come back after us doing so well?

Id sooner sign Gareth g :lmao:
well unfortuantly i can't my careers over due to a serious injury:(

Scott Macdonald
Paul Hartley
Scott Brown

The forces of darkness (aka Rangers) wanted them CELTIC got them

Robbie Fowler ?

Nah!

5 years ago maybye, but we can let them have this one

(or more likley he will stay in the premiereship)

Excellent signing, great prospect.

A bit much to pay, but sure he'll be a good un.

FD

After pre season do you still think SB was abit much to pay, he looked better than Petrov IMHO, him and Donati will dominate (graveson take note). Now all we need are some strikers than know where the goal is.

Taxi for: Gravesen, Miller, Zurawski and Jiri. Maybe on the return journey he could pick up Appiah, maloney and a decent striker

Still not sure about Donati, although did look not too bad. Think Brown will be good.

Bit worried we never brought in a right good striker, although Skippy and Killen will score goals in Scotland I'm sure.

Hard draw in the CL too, hope we can get through it.

FD

Game tonight, should be a toughie.

Hopefully our 2nd half display at the weekend will be of things to come but there are a lot of factors to take into consideration for today's game.

FD

What a crowd and what a night, amazing rollercoster ride of emotions.

The penalty with justice, the three chances from Naka, Jans bar thumper, spartak quality in midfield and of course the shootout!

Didnt think Caldwell would take one, how cocky is deeks? anyone else hide when Zurawski stepped up? :shock: and the pole in the goal. Well done Strachen!

Two days to go, i'm hoping for:

Out: Pressly, Gravesen and Jiri
In: Eidur G :shock:, a leftback and Maloney (come home).

Last edited:
What a match, what a result.

Nerves where totally shattered in the end, although we deserved to win.

However they are a bit of a team Pavluychenko is a star in the making and would love Celtic to buy him along with speedy Bystrov (we need pace on the wing).

FD

ye was impressed by the two, even with 10 men they semmed to contain us and have us stretched on the counter. that motzart dnt look to terrible either,

can we have comments on WTF happened to nakamura?

4 chances in 60 seconds fluffed (if u include the FK) and a scuppered penalty, i know he drifts in and out of games but when he drifts in he usually punishes. not himself at all :(

I think it was difficult for Naka, you've been running non stop for 80mins in an action packed game. The gaffer tells you get behind mozart, between your strikers and within 5 mins your through in goal 3 times...

I think he was suprised to get through on goal the first time, when thinking about how he should have done it better, another one comes along, and another. He looked so gutted.

Maybe he should take the next penalty with a 6 man wall...

Good to see Naylor stood up to be counted in the 2nd half, took guts.

Well played Aiden.

Despite the awesome brown/donati centre MF, i hope Sno gets a game in the euro away games. There are times when you need to put your foot on the ball and not to play a ball through the defence every time (donati). Hes very young, but looked like a real DMC prospect last year.

A quick note, how young the team was:

Boruc 27
Wilson 23
McManus 24
Caldwell 25
Naylor 27

Brown 21
Donati 26
McGeady 21
Nakamura 29

JVofH 28
McDonald 23

Last edited:
Right now we're a bit worse in the squad itself. Some injuries, Simão, Miccoli and Karagounis were key players and are no longer at the club. We have many talented but young and unproven new players.

However, we just changed the coach, our coach is Camacho "El Macho" now, so the players will have more spirit, "they will eat the grass" as we say here.

It will depend a lot on how quickly the team clicks with the new coach, and how the new signings gel with the team.

Shakhtar Donetsk seem like a pretty strong side as well.

I think it was difficult for Naka, you've been running non stop for 80mins in an action packed game. The gaffer tells you get behind mozart, between your strikers and within 5 mins your through in goal 3 times...

I think he was suprised to get through on goal the first time, when thinking about how he should have done it better, another one comes along, and another. He looked so gutted.

Maybe he should take the next penalty with a 6 man wall...

Good to see Naylor stood up to be counted in the 2nd half, took guts.

Well played Aiden.

Despite the awesome brown/donati centre MF, i hope Sno gets a game in the euro away games. There are times when you need to put your foot on the ball and not to play a ball through the defence every time (donati). Hes very young, but looked like a real DMC prospect last year.

ye?, i was really happy with donati last night, the team wer frustrating me in the latter stages with overhit crosses and high balls into areas with no celtic lads but donati's eyes wer everywhere and he was part of most things with short precise passing, if he keeps that up he is an awsome replacement for Lennon ;)

Should be tight.

Disappointed Celtic haven't strengthened more, however we're better than last year. However a couple of injuries and we could be in trouble.

Unfortunately I feel our strikeforce is as bad as it has been for many a year.

FD

Celtic were completely awful tonight, the players looked like they couldn't do anything right and the managers tactics and subs were ridiculous in my opinion.

I was watching Marseille so missed it but didnt expect Celtic to win. the goals were poor defending.

Donesk are a good team at home. They spending big money! Celtic will have to win home games and get something at benfica. Dunno why Celtic seem to play much better away in europe in Knock out games rather than CL group ties.

the board should of spent more money in the summer though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom