Celtic Thread

It's far from an obsession, i'm Belgian and i'm not religious (since that seems to play a role in choosing sides).
So i don't participate in bigotry and clan wars...as a somebody who watched Fiorentina-Rangers i merely pointed out that Rangers aren't the most attractive team in the world (which is a big understatement).

I also said that they play clever footballl. The rest was merely joking. I know foxtrot likes a joke, our northern-irish friend is not really known for his big sense of humour...

Yep, that's what I said.

Although Mr ManU, don't be saying anything if Chelsea win the CL final about their style of play.

FD

I have never complained about the way they play, football's all about winning, no matter what way it's done.

Tommy Burns, a Celtic legend has sadly passed away at his home at only 51. Tommy was suffering from Cancer and was battling away, however succumbed to the disease this morning.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

God bless you Tommy, you will be sorely missed. :((

FD

This was so unexpected, my heart goes out to his friends and family.

He was a true model professional on and off the park.

RIP. :((

14.jpg

Tommy Burns
1956 - 2008

RIP

The funeral for Tommy is today. The route is quite long, a lot of people will be there I think.

RIP

Just back from Holiday, where I watched us win it (the same place where we lost it in 2005 on the exact day :w00t: ).

Tremendous win for us, I even thought it was over myself.

FD

Celtic have tied up their 2nd signing of the season (1st being Paddy McCourt) with the capture of Greek International Georgios Samaras.

It's reputed that the deal has been whittled down from £3m to £1m and Samaras has taken a hefty pay-cut.

Good bit of business I feel as he scored some important goals for us.

Glad we've got the big man from Heraklion on-board. :ROCK:

FD

Celtic set to re-ignite move for Romanian defender Tamas after the player has reportedly lowered his wage demands.

Celtic also have Marc Crosas of Barcelona on their radar, a loan switch is being mentioned with even a probable permanent switch although Barca are reputed to want a first-option clause in any deal.

Here's hoping we'll see some new faces come in as it's been very quiet on the transfer front.

FD

Celtic set to seal Crosas deal. However looks more like a loan deal than purchase, as after 1 year Barca can buy him back for an agreed fee.

Looking forward to teh season kicking off at the weekend.

FD

Loovens signed, not impressed I have to say.

I remember him from Feyenoord and thought he was pretty pants.

Not happy about the signings so far, but guess there's still another fortnight to go, but can't see anything major happening now.

FD

Fancy a chat with myself.

Anyhoo.

CL bring up Man U, Villareal and Aalborg.

Could have been worse, but it'll be tough.

Think the last 2 games will be crucial. If we can take anything from Man U then it'll be a bonus.

FD

Still around FD?

This season is down to one thing in the SPL, who can go on a run of 4 games without being pish.

Hi Cloudy mate, yeah still around.

Although not in much here.

Looks like an exciting end to the season again, we've had fabulous ending in the majority of the last 6 seasons.

FD

Bad result.

Rangers will now go in as favourites to the last few games.

Going to be exciting.

Celtic controlled teh game, but Rangers took their chance and we never got through their defence.

Manager was at fault with his team selection though.

FD

We're back under way at Wembley - and we've just heard the news that manager Gordon Strachan has parted company with Celtic.

Back
Top Bottom