Celtic Thread

Mate, you should've heard some of the drivel on the radio from down south, total ignorance and further proof that English people (fans & media) know nothing about football.

FD

Celtic still looked way out of their league last night. United were very unlucky, their posession football was breathtaking at times. Celtic will lose in Denmark and United will hammer Benfica, so heads up lads.

Good result for the hoops.

They were outclassed throughout
the match but for all the posession
that Manure had they didn't trouble
Boruc.

Great goal from Nakamura.

I suppose it made a change having a proper football team play at Park Head for the Celtic faithful! :lol:

Ever heard the word stereotype? I might as well say "All scots are pissheads and look like Rab C Nesbitt".

Just doing exactly what I heard on the radio, if they want to brand every 'jock' on the same bracket, then why should I do differently.

And El Diego, your silly comment about quality teams coming to Parkhead, Man U are the poorest top seeded team we've faced off against in the Champions League by a fair distance and add on top of that a few of the 2nd seeded teams we've face too.

FD

Last edited:
You need more Irish and Scottish players so I have a deal you just can't refuse.
How about we swap O'Shea and Fletcher for Graveson and Nakamura?

Nah, we'll take Rooney and Ronaldo though. :mrgreen:

I used to think O'Shea was excellent, but in the past couple of seasons I think he's really went downhill.

FD

It was never a fucking penalty - and Utd got a FK right before the penalty when someone dived (what led to the PK). Don't go claiming that our goal was caused by a poor refereeing decision when you had an equally dubious foul in an even better position which you couldn't convert.
Gotta agree with you here. We can only blame ourselves for losing this one. But theres no denying who played the better football out there and I'm just gutted we couldnt finish our chances. I think this almost confirms how much confidence Saha has in one on one opportunities.

One thing I did enjoy was the great atmosphere created at Parkhead. Even when Celtic were on the back foot, the crowd were amazing. Thats one stadium I'll never forget. :applause:

Gravesen is shite and Nakamura is good at free-kicks but his general play is mediocre. They may look good in the SPL playing Dunfirmline and Hibs but facing clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc week-in, week-out is another story . . .

Gravesen is shite and Nakamura is good at free-kicks but his general play is mediocre. They may look good in the SPL playing Dunfirmline and Hibs but facing clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc week-in, week-out is another story . . .

Celtic have proved over and over that they can beat premiership teams so dont give me that guff,Man Utd where poor last night and their penalty was a bit iffy to say the least,which if memory serves me correctly was only one of 2 chances , the other being saha who was offside in any case but got away with it only to fluff it.

Possesion does not win you games goals do.We took our chance they never enough said.

It looks like Man Utd could go out once again.

Arrogant ignorance.
Both Gravesen and Nakamura are good players. Not stars, but good decent players.
Gravesen proved himself in the Premiership....

Celtic have proved over and over that they can beat premiership teams so dont give me that guff,Man Utd where poor last night and their penalty was a bit iffy to say the least,which if memory serves me correctly was only one of 2 chances , the other being saha who was offside in any case but got away with it only to fluff it.

Possesion does not win you games goals do.We took our chance they never enough said.

It looks like Man Utd could go out once again.

if manu were poor, then celtic were utter shit. they didnt create anything but a dive outside the box, i have no idea how you can claim it wasnt a penalty, the player raised his hands for a reason.... the best offensive play celtic had all night were booming volleys from there sidebacks... probably the worst football i have seen played in the CL this year... united should incedibly embarrased to lose to a team who play completley shit football

if manu were poor, then celtic were utter shit. they didnt create anything but a dive outside the box, i have no idea how you can claim it wasnt a penalty, the player raised his hands for a reason.... the best offensive play celtic had all night were booming volleys from there sidebacks... probably the worst football i have seen played in the CL this year... united should incedibly embarrased to lose to a team who play completley shit football

totally agree Celtic were poor but we took our chance they never,
it'a as if man u have a god given right to win evry match and now hopefully Benfica will put them out and end their arrogance.

fd1972uk
Mate, you should've heard some of the drivel on the radio from down south, total ignorance and further proof that English people (fans & media) know nothing about football.

Totally agree with FD

Last edited:
you should've heard some of the drivel on the radio from down south, total ignorance and further proof that English people (fans & media) know nothing about football.
:lol: We are not all ignorant, props to Celtic for taking their chance.

Just doing exactly what I heard on the radio, if they want to brand every 'jock' on the same bracket, then why should I do differently.

And El Diego, your silly comment about quality teams coming to Parkhead, Man U are the poorest top seeded team we've faced off against in the Champions League by a fair distance and add on top of that a few of the 2nd seeded teams we've face too.

FD

I think that's bs, Bayern a few years ago were in the same bracket.

:lol: We are not all ignorant, props to Celtic for taking their chance.
Hear hear. Please, Scotland fans and Celtic fans, don't think we all watched the match last night and went "well I say! That was a rotter of a game, Manchester United FC were clearly the portrayers of a much better game of football and Celtic made jolly big fools of themselves, what what".

We're not all ITV commentators. Some of us do appreciate good games of football.

I was the first in here last night to offer my thanks of giving us a decent game to watch (Chelsea v Barcelona literally put me off the idea of watching football again any time soon). You played well and I'm really hoping you go far this year.

Celtic didn't play particularly well, but United had lots of the ball without creating many chances at all - that doesn't constitute being the better team.

Yes the foul given for our free-kick was soft, but like I already said, Scholes blatantly dived for the free-kick which you ended getting a penalty from, so you cannot hold this up as any kind of reason why you lost! It wasn't a PK IMO because he jumped with his arms up in front of him, protecting his face, his arms weren't stretched outside his body reaching for the ball. Not to mention it was blasted at him from 10 yards, you can hardly call it deliberate handball. Do you think, 1-0 down in the 90th minute at Old Trafford, Celtic would have been given that decision if it was the other way around?

No chance.

Well we can't forget Ryan's dive now can we at OT.

Anyway, I love a sore loser, you can see how much it hurts them to be beaten by a Scottish team, not that it's very unusual for Scottish teams to pump the English in recent years.

And I know there are some good fans out there, just using the same tactic as some others did.

FD

Well we can't forget Ryan's dive now can we at OT.

Anyway, I love a sore loser, you can see how much it hurts them to be beaten by a Scottish team, not that it's very unusual for Scottish teams to pump the English in recent years.

And I know there are some good fans out there, just using the same tactic as some others did.

FD

I think it hurts them to lose to a shit team, that plays shit football, that plays in a farcical league, not the fact that you're Scottish.

Yeah I get what you mean, as the Italians and Spanish are like that if they get beat by an English team, can be quite embarrassing for them.

FD

Yeah I get what you mean, as the Italians and Spanish are like that if they get beat by an English team, can be quite embarrassing for them.

FD

Take the green+white tinted glasses off for 1 minute - you'll see what an average team Celtic are. So what, you beat teams like Hibs/Dunfirmline/Dundee week-in, week-out! They are league one clubs in England! :lol:

Yep, we'll find it no doubt as soon as we get hit with a good European team we could well be in trouble. Until then beating the medocrity of EPL is about our limits.

FD

I'm hoping the posts that myself and Ad16 made above aren't being overlooked despite the best efforts of some fellow countrymen, heh.

Diego, no one is saying Celtic are a great team or even that we played anywhere near well on Tuesday - not even the Celtic fans.

Our league isn't great no, who said it was?

Think you're just hurting, and it's great! Time to acknowledge that the EPL isn't quite all it's made out to be. You've a few great sides down there and the rest are distinctly average IMO - Strachan said before the game that some of the football played down there is dross, and he's managed in that league with some degree of success (considering the team he was in charge of and where he took them).

Plus, if we're so shite, what does that make the team we just beat?

JB, Ad and others, I know you're not all tossers, it's just that seems to be the only ones they let on air/write press. ;)

I'm not hurting mate, I just think you guys are getting carried away but yes, it's great to qualify and you are entitled to be happy! But it just makes me laugh how carried away the Celtic faithful get when they beat a 'proper' team! For United they didn't create enough clear-cut chances but they outplayed Celtic in EVERY department - that is the difference between English & Scottish football to me. Scottish football is about hope - United's football was about panache, posession, flare and control. Good luck in the next round, I'll no doubt be supporting whoever Celtic play against.

I'm not hurting mate, I just think you guys are getting carried away but yes, it's great to qualify and you are entitled to be happy! But it just makes me laugh how carried away the Celtic faithful get when they beat a 'proper' team! For United they didn't create enough clear-cut chances but they outplayed Celtic in EVERY department - that is the difference between English & Scottish football to me. Scottish football is about hope - United's football was about panache, posession, flare and control. Good luck in the next round, I'll no doubt be supporting whoever Celtic play against.

mate you should maybe goto another website as its is clear your looking for trouble, this is a celtic thread where we discuss news and games not ones personal hate for another team as it seems to be getting to you now.

so get your coat and shut the door on the way out.

Back
Top Bottom