Celtic Thread

fd1972uk said:
:mrgreen: LOL..........your shitting yourself.

I have to say I've never been so happy, Petrov going is obviously a blow, but I actually think Celtic are better than last year and Rangers actually may be worse off.

I've never been more confient of winning the league.

I was bricking myself about what our board would do, compared to DM and his JJB sale, but it's fell flat and any Rangers fan saying that they're happy with their team is full of shit.

FD

:lol:

I'll have some of what you're on please!

weebawwyrp8.jpg

:mrgreen:

Excellent debut by Grav, and you just gotta love the wee guy. :mrgreen: Think he's well suited to our game.

Good result against Aberdeen in the end, and even The Man of Cloth couldn't stop us. :mrgreen:

Big game on Wednesday, should be a rasper, will be very tough but wish the Bhoys all the well.

FD

Only just realised Ronaldo is suspended for Wednesday, which is a relief. Still think we'll get beat, but not as worried about a pumping now. We should play the 4-5-1 system that we did at Chelsea in their pre-season, I'd like to see this team:

--------------Boruc--------------
-------------------------------
Wilson--Caldwell--McManus--Naylor
--Naka-------Jarosik------Gravesen
Miller--------------------McGeady
-------------Jehova-------------

hehe 'Jehova', you'll never believe this, but when I was thinking of his name that's exactly what I thought about calling him, weird. :shock: :mrgreen:

I wouldn't say that was a bad team to go into that game, although you'd find that it'd be more 4-5-1 than 4-3-3.

Naka could be useful, however I'm not so sure if this is his kinda game, there'll be tackles flying in and think the game will be too rough and tumble for him. Thought Lenny was brilliant against Chelsea, so don't have any fears for him against Utd.

FD

Nah, tickets are like golddust for the Celtic end, and tbh fans who go to the away games up here should be first in line. Should be a cracking atmosphere, even without the 30K Celtic brought to Keano's testimonial.

ClassicD said:
Nah, tickets are like golddust for the Celtic end, and tbh fans who go to the away games up here should be first in line. Should be a cracking atmosphere, even without the 30K Celtic brought to Keano's testimonial.

I'm looking forward to it, especially now you's boosted the midfield with grav....

it'll be a good night all round I reckon...

It'd be some game to go, but as CD said the bhoys who are paid up members are the ones that deserve to be there.

I've not had my tickets for a couple of years now, but hopefully I'll be in a position to get it back in the next couple of years and you never know maybe we'll meet again. :mrgreen:

Should be a right good game.

FD

fd1972uk said:
It'd be some game to go, but as CD said the bhoys who are paid up members are the ones that deserve to be there.

I've not had my tickets for a couple of years now, but hopefully I'll be in a position to get it back in the next couple of years and you never know maybe we'll meet again. :mrgreen:

Should be a right good game.

FD

I reckon it'll be closer than some of the rent-a-quotes down here are saying (macari is a right twat!)I think you's have a good midfield in jarosik gravo and lennon, is he likely to play those three in CMF two WG and one CF?

im coming up there in november, im looking forward to it alot more than my trip to rangers a few years back!

Yeah Macari has been a bit of an arse about it.

As for our midfield I think he may elect to drop Jarosik, he's been out that past couple of games and he's not been doing too much in games and with him and the likes of Nakamura in the team, I don't think we could legislate for that.

I think he'll go with a 4-5-1, but with someone like Miller playing just behind VOH.

Boruc

Wilson Caldwell McManus Naylor

Nakamura Gravesen Lennon McGeady

Miller

VOH

Something like that I feel anyway. He may elect to keep Zurawski in ahead of Miller, but I'm not sure if he will. He might sacrifice Nakamura for Jarosik, but I doubt it, my only worry with Naka is that the game might be too rough and quick for him, but he has a touch of class about him. If Maloney was fit he would be a stick-on to have taken his place though.

Hand on heart I'd say Man Utd should win, but I think it could be close, don't get me wrong if Utd scuttle us then it wouldn't be a surprise, but I think we can give you's a game, we are definetely capable of getting something from the game but we would need to be on top of our game and hope Man Utd aren't.

I still think Celtic will rely on Man Utd to qualify for the next round, but not sure how that'll work with SAF vs GS past.

FD

McGeady was pretty poor tonight, as was Jarosik. Voh and Nakamura were on and off. Unlucky with the Pen though, and I dont usually give the Celtic that much credit.

McGeady has to step up this season. Thought Maloney, a player who's been out for a while, did more in his short time on than McGeady did the whole game. Jarosik to me looks like he's no motivation whatsoever, like he's fucking depressed or something. Big Jan led the line well given he had little support, Naka didn't have any runners to hit and did well to keep the ball most of the time, also a great goal from each player.

Thought VOH was outstanding personally. Grav had a shocker, but I don't expect too many of them. McGeady froze, of that I have no doubts. Although I didn't see it my bro said as when he let the ball go out of play he put his hand up to his forehead and it was shaking like mad.

Naka played really well, especially the 2nd half. Thought Lenny had a good game too as did the whole back 4, but Telfer, jesus, he is the worst player I think I've ever saw at Celtic.

As for Man U, I thought Saha was class and Scholes played well.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Thought VOH was outstanding personally. Grav had a shocker, but I don't expect too many of them. McGeady froze, of that I have no doubts. Although I didn't see it my bro said as when he let the ball go out of play he put his hand up to his forehead and it was shaking like mad.

Naka played really well, especially the 2nd half. Thought Lenny had a good game too as did the whole back 4, but Telfer, jesus, he is the worst player I think I've ever saw at Celtic.

As for Man U, I thought Saha was class and Scholes played well.

FD

Short memory, you are forgetting about Carl Muggleton. :p

:mrgreen: LOL..........good point. Nah seriously I think he's worse than even Muggshot. :mrgreen:

He nearly cost 4 goals alone.

FD

crackin game last night fellas, yous looked likely to score everytime you went forwards, and your keeper was excellent.

Was drinking with a load of celtic fans after the game, best european game ive been to for a few years...

Nice one lads, see you's in november!

foxtrot said:
:lol:

I'll have some of what you're on please!

Aye, you might be right Foxy, after watching them last night against the mighty Molde who are at the foot of the table and recently been humped 11-1 I'm having doubts about my previous thoughts, you look really really strong. :lmao:

Vann - I'm gonna say something that you might not be able to comprehend, so sit down. I'm gonna cheer on Man U for every CL game apart from the Parkhead game. :mrgreen:

Although it was said that SAF had supposedly played a weakened team against a team to relegate Gord's Coventry. However I think he'll go all out to get us through. Although he's a Rangers man, he always talks up Scottish Football and both sides of the OF.

FD

Last edited:
fd1972uk said:
Aye, you might be right Foxy, after watching them last night against the mighty Molde who are at the foot of the table and recently been humped 11-1 I'm having doubts about my previous thoughts, you look really really strong.

Third bottom actually. ;)

Yes it was a poor game and both teams looked pretty rubbish. I'm far from shitting myself though. We'll still beat them.

We'll still beat you. Two words: Paul Telfer. :lol:

:lmao:

I hope to christ big Rodriguez doesn't get banned for the upcoming OF game.

Will be good to see Kenny M scoring his first goal for Celtic against Rangers and big VOH is a cert for at least 1 goal.

FD

foxtrot said:
We'll still beat you. Two words: Paul Telfer. :lol:
He actually did ok today! :mrgreen:

Apart from a fifteen minute spell in the second-half, I thought we were pretty comfortable today. Gravesen nickin' McGeady's goal was funny, tho I doubt anyone else would have done anything but that themselves. Kenny Miller was an absolute stick-on to score in this game, it's been coming and it was so typical that it arrived today. His workrate is phenomenal and I can't see Zurawski getting back in the team anytime soon. McGeady was excellent, his pass for Miller's goal was exactly what's been missing from his game but it looks like the final ball is finally there! Lennon was actually good, played some forward passes and had a big hand in the opening goal! Centre-halves were great too, big Mick made a brilliant challenge in the first-half as a Rangers player ran forward with the ball mid-way into our half, he just stood up strong and took the ball.

Kenny's celebration tho, haha!

GIRUY.

Ah, that was good. :applause:

McGeady was fantastic. Thought Lenny was excellent too. Defence played well, even Telfer. :shock: See Martin switched wings as old Paul hadn't stuck in the pocket. :mrgreen:

Must say though that Rangers have some squad of divers, Prso, Sionko and Burke being the worst of the lot, when I first saw him he was never like that, but now it's laughable.

burkephotoshop.jpg

thum_26994516b94423835.jpg

Should've buried them way before then though.

FD

Yep, excellent results for us.

If we can beat Benfica in our next match, which will be tough btw then I think we could well make it.

Nice on CD. :mrgreen: Actually Burke really annoys me, he's just a weakling, he gets injured with the slightest little thing. He's the kinda wee guy that spoils your game of footy, when he gets a wee kick and he has to go home running to mummy and fecks your game up. :mrgreen:

FD

Back
Top Bottom