Celtic Thread

Aiden McGeady has injured his ankle, some reports says it could be broken. :(

Seems a pity as he's at the top of his game, although guess that means that Maloney will come in again earlier than expected.

FD

he's ok mate just a sprain as im sure your aware of by now. though it looks like he will miss the next two games ???

and what about beattie man that boy is so unlucky every pre season he has a stormer then bang it strikes him again ????

the way wee mcgeady was playing it looked like the only way shaun would get back in was something like this happening

heres hoping they both get back to business soon as!!!
and big john kennedy fingers crossed he will continue to come through the crunchers he is getting in the bounce games he was looking real good before that shocker!!!

He's definitely out tho, isn't he?

We have a few injury concerns of our own. Gravesen is definitely not playing, McGeady and Vennegoor of Hesselink might also miss out. Still no Mark Wilson either.

Obviously looking for the win but just hope it's a good game which is played fairly. I fully expect Benfica to roll about after most tackles tonight, it's in-built to Portuguese football and has happened everytime we play a team from there recently (Porto in Champions' League/UEFA Cup, Boavista in UEFA Cup).

Believe every single one of our strikers are carrying an injury, VOH, Magic, Kenny M, Beattie.

Also Naylor and McGeady have a late fitness test along with the above names.

FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk
:mrgreen: LOL..........your shitting yourself.

I have to say I've never been so happy, Petrov going is obviously a blow, but I actually think Celtic are better than last year and Rangers actually may be worse off.

I've never been more confient of winning the league.

I was bricking myself about what our board would do, compared to DM and his JJB sale, but it's fell flat and any Rangers fan saying that they're happy with their team is full of shit.

FD

foxtrot said:
:lol:

I'll have some of what you're on please!

Evening Times:- 'Le Guen blast at 23-year slump......'

Rangers worst start since season 1983/84.

You where saying? :lmao:

FD

Also helps, when Benfica can't really switch the difficulty level to level 1 and alter all their speed stats going by that video. :mrgreen:

FD

fd1972uk said:
Also helps, when Benfica can't really switch the difficulty level to level 1 and alter all their speed stats going by that video. :mrgreen:

FD

lol

All default mate. On 5*. Simao and Miccoli are just fast. And in the game i'm the coach, not that sorry excuse of a coach we have. ;)

jvoh-slayer-1.jpg

40ksv41.jpg

472vj49.jpg

usualsuspectsver1hf5.jpg

tommy.jpg

theman.jpg

2eehj0x.jpg

2r5wbc6.jpg

4h2719c.jpg

34dqzrq.jpg

twins.jpg

1dayinsept.jpg

twats-1.jpg

beingtgho5.jpg

4h4g

314v2ww.jpg

29kxrhz.jpg

440om08.jpg

:mrgreen:

FD

Last edited:
Just saw this on a Portuguese forum. A banner to honor the late Miklos Feher that the Jungle Bhoys are planning to bring to Estadio da Luz:

miklosshirt9eq1.jpg

From original topic:
Miklos Feher Tribute Banner
« Thread Started on Yesterday at 12:51am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A massive thanks to everyone who contributed to the Miklos Feher Tribute Banner which will be unveiled at next week's match in Lisbon in honour of the young Benfica player who died in such tragic circumstances.

In less than three days the magnificent sum of £838 was raised by the whole Celtic family after the idea was first brought to our attention by TheDublinBhoy who had saw it raised by DubCelt on the Celtic Minded Forum.

DubCelt suggested that we or anyone else take the idea up and we were only too happy to play our part in ensuring the Celtic support could reach out towards fellow football fans and offer a genuine, heartfelt and compassionate gesture of support.

This is not a Jungle Bhoys banner, this is a joint effort by the Celtic family and we would like to thank in particular www.CelticMinded.com, DubCelt, TheDublinBhoy, Marist72 who designed the banner, Badgeman who helped with the design and Lennonsghirl who administered the paypal account.

The banner will be digitally printed and will be 8 metres square. After the match we will donate it to the Benfica support so that they can use it in their own commemorations

If anyone would still like to donate towards the fund it will remain open up until the day of the match and all remaining proceeds will be delivered to a hospital in Lisbon.

Miklos Feher
You'll Never Walk Alone

If they do that there'll be a lot of Benfica fans with tears on their eyes and i think Celtic will have Portuguese fans forever.

This is what football should always be about :)

Last edited:
BRILLIANT SAVE! saha :lmao:

Congrats Celtic FULLY deserved it! Nakamura SwEEET wonderful curler!

manure utd on the brink of elimintation! :lmao:

CONGRATS!

It was never a fucking penalty - and Utd got a FK right before the penalty when someone dived (what led to the PK). Don't go claiming that our goal was caused by a poor refereeing decision when you had an equally dubious foul in an even better position which you couldn't convert.

britainsoccerchampionslus6.jpg

After watching Chelsea v Barcelona a few weeks back, I was seriously wondering why I still watched football. The game seems to be all about how bad you can make a tackle look and how many times you can tell the referee to fuck off before getting a yellow card.

Tonight, I am grateful to Celtic and Manchester United for a fantastic display of football. The passing, the movement, the game as a whole was superb. Bar one dodgy penalty decision (and I say "dodgy" in the sense of "it might have been, it might not have been, the only replays I've seen have been a blur"), the referee was barely noticeable. And the atmosphere... You could feel it through the television, Christ knows what it must have felt like to be there.

I have a new CL "favourite" team. *Digs out Pro Evo* :)

It was never a fucking penalty - and Utd got a FK right before the penalty when someone dived (what led to the PK). Don't go claiming that our goal was caused by a poor refereeing decision when you had an equally dubious foul in an even better position which you couldn't convert.

britainsoccerchampionslus6.jpg

Mate that wasn't a dive, it was a clever move! :lol:

I hope we can beat United @ Old Trafford.

Congratulations and good luck for the elemination! :thumbup:

Well done Celts a goal worthy of winning any match, atmosphere was superb reminded me of European nights at Anfield. YNWA

Penalty was only given cause the ref realised he'd f*cked up the Nakamura 'foul'. So he tried to balance things out, but instead Saha bottled it. Oh well.

Can't say you lot played that well, never looked liked scoring, but still, at least it was a great atmosphere and a good show of footie. I can understand why Alain is so excited, I mean, as a Chelsea fan he must have been so chuffed to see some good, sporting, fair play and respectful comments post match. But then, I don't know who he supported 3 years ago, so maybe he used to watch it.

Can't say you lot played that well, never looked liked scoring, but still, at least it was a great atmosphere and a good show of footie.
The thing is, even though United dominated for large portions of the game, I didn't think they were as threating as they could of been, lacked the final touch or final ball, you could say.

Always helps to have Boruc in goal too.:lmao:

I'm probably forgetting some other moments but I think the only real chances were Ronaldo in the first half (after the Balde mistake) and when Saha was clean through in the second (other than the penalty of course, which shouldn't have been in my slightly biased eyes).

Last edited:
Fantastic result....oi hope this will end the disdain for Scottish football and Scottish teams...
For me personally one of the results of the year...

Back
Top Bottom