Celtic Thread

Okey-dokey, DVD you say? So Rangers ain't gonna put one out? Think you'll be quite wrong there mate, mark my words.

I was annoyed at the time that Rangers went through, but it ain't sickening as you put it.

Well anyway.............the game today between Rangers and mini-me was really a game that didn't matter what the result was, probably would have favoured a draw, but Hearts losing is a bonus. Could go 6 pts clear if we win tomorrow.

FD

Last edited:
Good win for the bhoys, although they're not playing well at the mo. I think a 3-5-2 is the way to go as 4 at the back ain't working. Our full-backs are really poor and I'd rather have Keane in the midfield than at the back.

Naka looks good so far from what I've watched of the game. Great save from the big man again to deny Dalglish. Think I could well be seeing the best Goalie that we've had in my lifetime.

Big game next week, although we still have the lead by 4 pts, so we'll still be top no matter what result.

FD

I fork out for Sky and haven't seen them yet!

Keane can't play until the new year.

By all accounts we were shite yesterday, but could be such a vital result as the big diving greek did us a favour at East End and means even if we lost next week we'd still be top, nevermind 14 points ahead of Rangers. Form is a wee bit worrying though, we've dipped a bit and haven't kept a clean sheet in the last 5 - last ones were the two Rangers games!

Balde hasn't been playing too well, but I think the defence in general has been poor. I get a tad annoyed about Bobo copping all the flak, sorry but McManus ain't exactly Baresi himself and as for the two full-back's I know who I'd pick if I could only keep one of our defenders. When it comes to the crunch big Bobo delivers (with the exception of a certain Seville date and Lyon game). Was a shocker on Saturday, but guess it's one of them things.

Not up for this Keane in defence malarky either, play him in midfield, a 3-5-2. Not that the full-back's are top notch, so guess we'd be best going 3 centre halfs. Big Du Wei should get his chance. Honestly think the reason he doesn't want to go 3-5-2 is that he'd have to drop Telfer.

Nakamura was our best player, BBJ and Maloney did well also. Although wee Shauny really needs to catch a grip with his shooting.

Should be a good game on New Year's day. :)

FD

Guys could one of you give me the usual starting eleven of Celtic these days???

In a couple of months i maybe playing a ML (as in "Master League") with this much beloved team (those hoops..the Lisbon Lion...greatest brittish team ever...eat your heart out Huns and Englishman...seems like a LP title of Joe Cocker in the seventies)...

Anyway, the starting eleven of Celtic is what i asked...thanks my friends.

Boruc GK

Telfer RB
Balde CB
McManus CB
Wallace LB

Lennon CMF
Petrov CMF
McGeady LMF
Nakamura RMF

Maloney SS
Hartson CF

When Zurawski returns he will play as CF instead of Maloney, and McGeady will drop to the bench so Maloney can play as LMF.

Your help is appreciated enormously CD, but then we all know what a nice guy you are...wish you all the best for 2006 and for Celtic a double and a brilliant CL performance...

You seem to be missing a certain player called Roy 'The Bhoy' Keane.

I think he might opt for a 3-5-2 (well I'm hoping) and go for:-

GK - King Artur

CD (L) - McManus
CD (C) - Balde
CD (R) - Du Wei

LM - McGeady or Maloney
RM - Nakamura (although he's a lefty)
DM - Keane
DM - Lennon
OM - Petrov

CF - Hartson
CF - Zurawski or Maloney

Although in the transfer window we may sign Nesta, Ronaldinho, Zidane and Shevvy. :mrgreen:

FD

He asked for the usual starting team, Keane isn't even registered to play for Celtic yet! :D

Dunno what's gonna happen when he's selectable, I can't see Strachan going 3-5-2 I think he'll want to stick to his current formation. Also not sure about 3-5-2 in general, how many teams do you see in Europe that play with anything less than a back 4?

For Scotland 3-5-2 is fine, there maybe some games 4 at the back can be played, but it's not like it's stopping goals. For me a lot of trouble is coming from the midfield.

When we went to 3-5-2 teams where lost against us, then they started playing quick players right up front on our centre halfs and we got a bit caught out, then we reverted to 4 at the back and it stopped. But now I think the team is ready to go back to 3 at the back again, our full-back's don't warrant us going 4 at the back, they stop absolute nothing and are always caught out.

FD

Eremenko set for Celtic trial
Lecce's Finnish international midfielder Alexei Eremenko Jnr is set for a trial with Scottish Premier League leaders Celtic with a view to a loan deal

So says his agent, not a peep from Celtic about this so I'm a little doubtful about it. Also, we've loads of midfielders already it's defenders we'll be going after.

Edit - just read that Strachan mentioned they're going to have a look at him in fact, sorry. Not sure about it, as I said midfield is well covered just now especially with Maloney to drop back in there when Majic is fit and Keane to come in as well.

Last edited:
Im sure ive seen his name before linked with us it was prob in the paper or on teletext....anyway as classic has said we dont really need another midfeilder just now. but i was reading in the paper we are to be getting rid of Thompson,Sutton,Varga,Pearson.

Whats he like anyway milanista?

ClassicD said:
I fork out for Sky and haven't seen them yet!
Do you get the footy on a Scottish MOTD then?....If anyone could get that and upload a torrent somewhere,I'd be most grateful.;)

crayon said:
Do you get the footy on a Scottish MOTD then?....If anyone could get that and upload a torrent somewhere,I'd be most grateful.;)

We have Scotsport on a Monday night but it has to be the worst football show ever made and i'm not joking.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucken get it RIGHT UP YEES!

2 stonewall penalties denied and a legit goal chopped off as well, WOOHOO!!!

010106vsheartsbigmick13aq.jpg

yip agree with u there classic woooohoooo!...lol.

i thought we were in for a drubbing after the first 10 min.
but gald to win in the end.

as for the offside goal that never was:roll:

and the 2 pens that should have been i think they were the hand ball and i think it was pearson that got fouled .....both were pens.

Fine result.

Have to admit the game changed big time when Petrov got injured and in came Pearson. Stan hasn't kicked a ball for weeks, hopefully this little rest will get him back to his best.

Two full-back's where a mess.

FD

NakamuraTheTim said:
We have Scotsport on a Monday night but it has to be the worst football show ever made and i'm not joking.
It would't bother me if Homer Simpson was presenting, just as long as I got to see it.

Nope don't think so.

Sutton's signed for Birmingham until the summer, don't think we got anything for him either. At least he's a big wage off the bill and although I loved him since he joined he's maybe a bit too injury-prone/fed up now. Think it's the right thing to do, especially if that wage can then go towards getting in a full-back or two.

Back
Top Bottom