Celtic Thread

You know how fans just have players they 'pick on'? Well my da thinks McGeady just doesn't have that final bit to make it, too many tricks and doesn't release the ball, etc. When he came on yesterday, pretty much the first time he touched the ball my da went "Right, take him on!", almost sounded like a personal challenge being issued - McGeady turns right, turns left and his shot deflects into the net. :lol: Then his bit of skill to set up the second was magic, just capped it off for me!

Just goes to show, the fans booed when he took Naka off and it proved to be the match-winning decision. ;)

Defense was much better, Virgo actually organises FFS! Get a new left-back, get Wilson in for Telfer and play Bobo beside Virgo when he gets back and we might actually have a half-decent defense there.

ClassicD said:
pretty much the first time he touched the ball my da went "Right, take him on!", almost sounded like a personal challenge being issued -

LMAO ah thats the way...ur da's right get them told i do that all the time they hear u somtimes if u shout loud enough.:lmao:

McGeady is one of them players thought that you know will either be crap or brilliant right from the start, there's no in-between with him.

Next week he might get a game and will be useless. The same thing happened with Pearo with Hearts and then he was mince against Clyde.

I agree about the defence, although if big Stan keeps up his form, you can't just drop him. I still like Camara, he is a bit erratic, but he gives you plenty of running up and down the wing and he got a couple of vital clearences too at the weekend.

FD

Have I went into a coma and woke up on 1st April?

Dion Dublin coming to Celtic.

Nasco%20Fainting%20Story%204.jpg

FD

Watched the Celtic game, and I must admit I find their games more entertaining than many EPL games, but thats just my opinion.

Boruc made some really nice saves, and i'm convinced that Dundee's 2nd goal was offside.

Celtic do play nice football, that's for certain. Actually Hibs probably play the best, although Celtic are fast catching them. Nakamura is a brilliant passer of the ball and has some lovely touches.

Not seen any of the game tbh, not sure if I can bare to watch it. I'm not gonna make excuses, we should've won. Supposedly we had a stonewall penalty turned down also as well as Miller's offside goal.

But 3-1 up and losing the lead is a joke.

FD

Miller's goal probably wasn't offside, they showed it on Setanta and Maloney looks as though he probably played Miller on although it's offscreen. Definite penalty denied but really that shouldn't have mattered.

Dion Dublin - I'll have the coma please.

I read this morning that keano went missing when it was time for him to be brought on and cost celtic 2 goals in the process...

this cant be right surely....

I must admit watching Septic build a team under Strachan is most enjoyable. Can be compared to watching a car crash. :lmao:

I rate him as much as rate anyone on X factor a one hit wonder tho Im still actually trying to work out what he has done in his career , but him as Septic manger bu bu bu ba ba Im loving it. :P

Jings crivvens help ma boab, that was awful.

We won which is the main thing, but jesus are we desperate in defence and midfield (central).

GS needs to change things and quickly, hopefully his after-match interview will bring this to fruition.

FD

Jesus, another close one.

Always seem to make it harder than what we should.

Sunday should be a right barrow of laughs with both team's defences. Both team's I have to say at the moment at mince, Celtic are Shite and Rangers are Shittier (if that's a word). Thank christ Romanov is making a right arse of things up at Gorgie Road.

FD

Well would you believe it, Celtic's first clean sheet since... the double win over Rangers back in November! :mrgreen:

Have to give Strachan credit today. When we saw the teamsheet a few of us were saying he was really putting his head on the block by dropping Naka for Lennon, as if we lost that'd be the first thing people would blame the defeat on, "how can you expect to win when you bench your most attacking midfielder", and so on. But it worked a charm, Keane was MOTM for me and the midfield protected the defense a lot more than when Naka is in the team. Interesting question now is, will he get back in the team!? :-S

21 today! :mrgreen:

Alan Stubbs and Tommy Johnson were up today for John Clark's retirement dinner tonight, they were at the game and they brought a mate with them who apparently was singing away to a few of the tunes:

rooney5pn0fh.jpg

:mrgreen:

Mjallby and Weighorst were there too.

:D

aye, I was a wee bit worried when I seen the team today.......but those worries soon went away. That was the easiest 1-0 win i've seen in a long time. \\:o/

Rangers are dreadful.....a really poor team and our United Ireland midfield walked all over Ferguson and Malcolm.

Keane was superb and was head and shoulders above everybody else.

Special shout out to Wilson at left back....he done really well today. :applause:

Did I mention Rangers are dreadful......:lmao:

Jeez a clean sheet at last..........can't remember the last one..........wait it was against Rangers too. :mrgreen:

That was so easy, not a great game, but Celtic looked happy to sit back. Total domination and never in trouble. Thought Keane was excellent, but still think McManus, Petrov and Zurawski where even better, McManus being my MOTM.

The only player I thought that wasn't too great was little Maloney, but he's due a bad game anyway, wee guy has been great.

FD

Well thankfully we never did what we done before when Pars beat us after an old firm win.

Excellent performance, Zura was simply brilliant and his finishing was clinical.

And what can you say about Lenny. :mrgreen:

FD

OH THE PARS IN THE SUN CELTIC 8 DUNFERMLINE 1...\\:o/

Fantastic performence yesterday by the hoops, All the goals were good but Maloney's was top class...:applause:

Not sure if anyone read, Celtic linked with Toulouse Tunisian forward, Dos Santos. He's one of my favourite players in PES/WE. :mrgreen:

FD

fd1972uk said:
Not sure if anyone read, Celtic linked with Toulouse Tunisian forward, Dos Santos. He's one of my favourite players in PES/WE. :mrgreen:

FD

Anything is better than Hartson! :lol:

Celtic's greatest ever player, Jimmy Johnstone has died at the age of 61.

Sad, sad news. :(

One of the greatest entertainers god ever put on the planet.

RIP 'Jinky'.

FD

Roy Keane contemplating retiring 12 months ahead of schedule

"The Scottish Premiership is f**king depressing. I am used to facing players like Thierry Henry and Steven Gerrard. I think I will hang up my boots early. This league is ridiculous."

Back
Top Bottom