Celtic Thread

I always want Celtic players to do well. Although admittedly I'd want Scotland to beat them if they where facing off against that player's team.

Although I will admit, if Thommo or Sutty had made the England team, I'd hope they score a hat-trick and get beat 4-3. :)

FD

hearts held us to a draw at parkhead but the other mob failed to take 3 poits agenst united

give up the now rangers before use make a really big mess of things;)

From what i heard the Hearts game was a good 1 all credit to Hearts for the draw and keeps them on top.

as for Rangers another disapointing result for them a few more of them and i think the fans will be calling for his head.

Yep, was good with Rangers slipping up at the same time.

Not overly disappointed at the Hearts result, would've hoped we could've won at home, but it's still only 3 points.

It's turning out to be an interesting time. I still think January will be the time that will tell on Hearts. If they're still up there and the likes of Skacel and co. are playing well, then other teams may want to pay good dosh for him and his team (Bordeaux?) will maybe want to cash in now and the same goes for other players.

FD

I think Skacel is tied up till the end of the season, if that's the case Bordeaux can't simply decide they're going to sell him should they get a good offer.

If anything they look like they're going to bring folk in during the window, heard Fredi Bobic is one but I thought he was well finished.

McLeish's coat is on a very shoogly peg, how many times have his teams dropped points against Dundee Utd now? That was a great chance to close the gap and although it's not gotten any bigger, that's one less Celtic/Hearts clash they can rely on. Combine that with possibly the weakest group in Champions' League history and if he doesn't qualify he should be out on his arse.

Good result in the end, however not pretty to watch, but a win's a win. Thought big McManus was outstanding and thought Lenny did well too.

Not sure if anyone has read it, but see West Ham and Birmingham are lurking around Hartson. I would've chased them, but a figure of £5m was mentioned. :shock: Tbh, I think Hartson is our best finisher and has been great for us, especially the beginning of the season, but for that money I don't think you can turn it down. It could help the team in other areas tbh.

FD

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
2-2
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/
5-0
\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/\\:o/

Glad to see Maloney and Nakamura score and Petrov is doing well.:)

Yep good result for Celtic. Also good to see that Rangers slip up again. Pity Hearts managed to get a 1-0 win, but something is telling me the wheels are about to get a puncture. I think this Burley carry-on might be more damaging that people suspect.

FD

Good results for Celtic, no we're sitting top at the moment. :)

Team played well, although we lost a couple of bad goals. Thought Sutton and Lennon where fantastic, big McManus played well too after being at fault for 1 of the goals. Only slight problem, was a couple of injuries for players, basically we could be down to only 2 strikers now. :shock: :(

FD

Thought McManus had one of his poorer games yesterday, and thought Boruc was the main culprit in their second. Beattie was only on ten mins but he had a mare.

Great result tho, big Sutty played really well and Maloney did good too. Nakamura played some fantastic final balls, set up Beattie's howler and almost one for Maloney too but it came back off his heel, and a great wee chip for Hartson in the first-half.

Eck, teh bogeyman is coming! :lol:

hehe..............

Didn't think Maloney played well, neither did Petrov, wasn't in it. As you said Beattie came on and had a mare. He was trying to prove a point to GS with that shot, when he would've got more credit if he squared to Petrov to tap-in. Some people do think Boruc should've saved the 2nd, but it was hit like a bullet, that replay is mis-leading, as soon as it left his foot, I thought goal, didn't even think about blaming Boruc.

Hartson and Sutton where class in that 1st half. As you said Nakamura played lovely balls all day, admittedly his defensive play is piss poor, but what can you expect?

FD

Eck promises that he will deliver.

eckpromiseshewilldeliver.jpg

:mrgreen:

FD

:lol: hehe.......

Btw, anyone got a clip of that goal from the weekend against ICT vs Rangers?

Heard they're blaming Wattereus, but someone I talked to said they where talking pish, just trying to make someone a fall-guy. Last night too, I'd blame Hemdani more than the goalie. Surely he saw Wattereus run out the box (granted, it wasn't sensible). Watching Kyriagkos on the line was hilarious though.

FD

It was a good strike from Dargo but his positioning wasn't the best. Last night, well aye Hemdani has to take some blame but the keeper mostly for me, you can't come out that far and not deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom