Celtic Thread

Theres no SPL thread or Hearts thread, so I'm gunna post this here as I found it rather amusing:

Hearts inspired by The Godfather

Hearts interim manager John McGlynn allowed American actor Al Pacino to give an inspired team-talk to his team before the 3-0 win over Dundee United.

The Tynecastle side had suffered a tumultuous week after the defeat at Hibernian last weekend halted their unbeaten start to the Bank of Scotland Premier League.

Then, on Monday, chief executive Phil Anderton was sacked before chairman George Foulkes resigned in protest - just over a week after manager George Burley left the club.

However, goals from Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel and Michal Pospisil fired the Jambos back to the top of the SPL.

But, on the advice of captain Steven Pressley, McGlynn let a tape of Pacino from the film `Any Given Sunday' - about American Football - play its part in the win.

McGlynn said: 'We played the CD for a couple of minutes and I didn't have to bother with the last bit of my team-talk.

'The CD had something to do with the players having the right start to the game and their tempo was immense.

'We usually have a little talk for 10 minutes but I thought the CD would do it for me and it was perfect - it made my job very easy.'

Hearts skipper Pressley believes the speech was an 'ideal' preparation for the win over the Tangerines.

He said: 'It's a motivational speech by Pacino and I thought it was very appropriate.

'It's very much about winning as a team, trusting your team mates and for them to trust you.

'It's a very passionate speech and it was ideal - it hit the right note and the important thing was we started in a fantastic manner and played very much as a team.'

wtf Al Pacino!!!!!

crayon said:
fd, :lmao: - you must be bored......how is Nakamura playing by the way?
He's doing well at the moment. Nothing sensational though. Does lack a bit of toughness, but I was expecting that too. Rarely gives the ball away, excellent passer. Think he'll get better as the season goes on.FD

JayM said:
Hartson got his 100, maybe he'll want to leave for a new challenge now...

He seemed quite excited to get the 100 and was talking about going for 150!

We'll need a strong squad for europe next year. You only have to look at Rangers this year to see how much you struggle with piss poor players and 2 games a week.

Credit to MON for not letting us drop to 4th place on his euro excursions after about 10 games in the league.

:mrgreen: LOL...............seeing the shot of McLeish and Young in the background was absolute priceless. Didn't know who was going to burst out into tears first. :mrgreen:

FD

104204065443861369723e0.jpg

:lmao:

FD

I think its clear he has to , It shouldnt be a case of he has took us into the last 16 so his job is secure. The recent form in the league is enough to show what he is worth.

Nah, think he'll be sacked or should I say 'step-down' (that means the Murray push though) tomorrow. New manager announced on Friday.

FD

"Former Newton Mearns Neighbourhood Watch Firework Officer Fernando Ricksen is expected to be discharged from hospital today after he was admitted complaining of "feeling faint". Aides said he was due to leave this morning.
His bodyguards took him to the Accident and Emergency department of the Rossand Hall Hospital at around 10pm Tuesday after he took ill in a Press Conference.
The "Dutch Twat" has been kept in overnight as a precautionary measure. A spokesman said yesterday "He was not feeling very well and was very stressed and totally deluded. He was talking gibberish and was obviously off his head. They took him into hospital and they are running a few anal tests to get a suitale arsehole gauge."
A Rangers spokesman added: "Fernando's condition is now stable and he is in his favourite jacket. He is comfortable and he is now hoping to get home to play with some sparklers"
The Daily Mirror reported that Fernado's mind had collapsed and that he was complaining of 'hearing voices'. Ricksens problems climaxed with him babbling in tongues about 'Ecks the greatest Scots manager ever' and he was rushed to the hospital's Neurology care unit. However this was found to be a useless location given the patients physiology and Ricksen was transferred to Leverndale Home for H***.
Ricksen, who has a history of mental anguish, may it is reported have been overly-celebrating his 2nd anniversary of having his driving license returned at a Stadium bar near Paisley Road West. No one knows if he planned to drive home before 'his possession' episode.
His mental health and reputation has been failing since the notorious showboat encounter involving countryman Bobby Petta.
The new Tory leader David Cameron said: "I was sorry to hear that Fernando Ricksen is unwell. Any friend of Unionists is a friend of mine. I wish him a full and speedy recovery."
Also in hospital this week is former PM Margaret Thatcher. Lady Thatcher was British Prime Minister from 1979 to 1990 and like Ricksen is a c**t."

"
Glasgow Rangers have created history by becoming the first Scottish team to conquer Europe and march valiantly into the prestigious 2nd Round Stage of the League of Champions.
An easily controlled draw against Inter Milan was more than enough to see the Scottish SPL Champions progress. Milan with the much over hyped Adriano had taken a lucky lead after the Brazilian appeared to physically assault and down the brilliant man-marker Marvin Andrews but this only annoyed Alex MacLeishs troops into a stinging rebuke.
With a crowd of 50'000, of whom at least 20% had stayed behind to herald the Manager at the weekend playfully singing loud and proud, flying Dane Peter Lovenkrands, the much heralded 'Scourge of Celtic' surged forward onto a Thomas Buffel pass to score what will undoubtedly be awarded Goal of the Competition.
Milan with typical Italian\Vatican style cowardice then collapsed and were saved from a doing only by cunning last 16 draw tactics and an amazing show of restraint by a Rangers team saving themselves for a monumental trip to Rugby Park this weekend. This extends Rangers historical sequence to 11 games and as per usual everyone connected with football is truly speechless.
This unbelievable Rangers side have now surpassed Celtics Lisbon, Paisleys Liverpool and even dare we say Wattys 9 in a row side for sheer skill, bravery and consistency. The BBC have already re-opened their voting site for Team of The Century after being inundated with millions of calls from around the world after last nights superb display of football finesse.
The consequences of this victory are quite literally impossible to comprehend. Rangers European rating has now gone so high UEFA have warned of possible problems with their Computer systems, quotients are only meant to be in double figures!. Lex Gold of the SPL confirmed that Scottish teams will now all be automatically entered into UEFA cup competitions forever more. Sadly the creation of such a historical achievement has amazingly been ignored by Glasgow District Council who have denied Rangers an open top bus from Duke Street to Copland Road.
The main question is shall the majority of the wonderfully talented Gers staff be there to enjoy the glorious advanced stages. Such recentperformances have after all hardly gone unnoticed.
With the Real Madrid, Portsmouth and Kettering positions open it must be on Eck MacLeishs mind that he could be looking at managing a totally different squad come January. Skipper Barry Ferguson, the colossus of the midfield once again showed how he is revered when Roberto Mancini had to field a midfield without Veron and Figo who it seems simply dared not to face the Ibrox Dynamo. Whether Ferguson would go to such a weak league is another matter.
The true talent however lies at the feet of David Murray. Chairman extraordinaire. This man is a marvel who consistently produces the goods for his manager, team and fans. When MacLeish astonished the world by saying he wanted Iain Murray, his Chairman asked no question. The only problem may be that Murray is now a victim of his own success and fans fear he may be forced to step down to devote more time to his amazing business empire.
Looking forward to the last 16 and Rangers are the name on everyone's lips. Liverpool's Chief Scout Alex Miller said 'It would be amazing' while a source at Barcelona showed their fear by simply saying 'Rangers?, No no no. We do not want Rangers here!'. Whoever get Rangers in the up and coming draw are bound to be scared. very scared indeed.
Darryl Bentfoot"

"
SPL Champions Rangers, the pride of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, added another string to their ever increasing bow when it was confirmed by football statisticians after their incredible 1-1 draw with Italian misfits Inter Milan that the Glasgow giants have now gone ten games in a row without a victory.

This incredible achievement marks the current Ibrox team down as the most successful in their long and illustrious history and proves without a shadow of doubt that Alex McLeish is one of, if not thee most tactically astute managers European football has ever known.

Big Eck was overcome with emotion when told of his new record and struggling to hold back tears he commented, “This has to go down as the proudest moment in my career. I thought winning the Cup-winners cup as a player with Aberdeen was the pinnacle of my involvement in football but to set this new record is something that in years to come will leave a real legacy of my time at Rangers.”

When asked what he thought was the key to reaching such an achievement Big Eck cannily added, “Inconsistency in team selection and lack of planning.”

“I look at the planning and eye for detail from the likes of Mourinho, Rijkaard and Capello and think to myself, why bother. Football is an easy game and it’s all about two things. The first is listening to the first name put forward by our European scout Willie McKay and saying, he’ll do and the second is playing players out of position on a regular basis, no matter how shite they are. I really mean that final bit.”

When asked whether he believed his ten-in-a-row run will ever be beaten Big Eck added, “Aye, hopefully by us away to Kilmarnock on Sunday.”

At this Big Eck sped off in a waiting car to a secret meeting with David Murray at one of his plush Edinburgh offices with talks of a contract extension for the Rangers manager undoubtedly the main topic under discussion.

Meanwhile, Fernando Ricksen was unavailable for comment after being carted away by men in white coats to the Derek Johnstone lunatic facility just outside Larkhall.

We would like to wish Fernando a speedy recovery."

:mrgreen:

FD

Rhoy's a Bhoy, signed until June 2007, press conference at 1.30pm today.

Although I have some reservations one thing is that he'll enhance the playing side of things.

FD

I wasn't too positive about this happening when it first came out last month, mainly because of his age. Then someone said to me about how Maldini is going to be 40 soon, and he's still doing it at the top level so why not Keane?

Pretty chuffed now that we've got him!

All we need now is Stan signed up and we're sorted.

Yep, have to say although I'm a tad worried about other stuff i.e. my fav Lenny getting dropped, dressing room trouble possibility etc, I'm actually very excited now. Although he's a bit of an arse, he's a good player and gives everything and he's a Celt now, so I'll be supporting him anyway.

FD

foxtrot said:
...and we're back onto Rangers again in the Celtic Thread. :roll:

It really is pathetic, your obsession with us FD.

I saw the post on another site (not footy related funnily enough) and though I'd post it here. Rather than post it on the Rangers thread in case somebody spat the dummy, so I probably got a point, don't you think?

FD

fd1972uk said:
I saw the post on another site (not footy related funnily enough) and though I'd post it here. Rather than post it on the Rangers thread in case somebody spat the dummy, so I probably got a point, don't you think?

FD

:lol:

I see. So the same applies for the rest of your other Rangers posts over the last month or two?

Awww come on foxy mate, don't go in a wee cream puff because you never got one of the big guns in Europe so that you could slag us off further.

Fair-do's your in the next phase, but tell me that this isn't true? Please do.

34908060950.jpg

:lmao:

FD

Nobody is in a huff here, except you, who has been so bitter today because of our draw with Europe's Elite. :mryellow:

Slag that t-shirt all you want. We're there with Europe's Elite. Imagine if it was Celtic that had gotten though. :lmao: It's hard, I know, but try anyway...

There would be a DVD for sure, your own T-Shirts, Graham Spiers would burst, and the Daily Record would print a 32 page pullout.

You couldn't wait to post that Comical Ali pic. It's a great pic, I laughed when I seen it in the paper last month because it summed up the situation at Rangers.

And I'm annoyed that we never got a big team?! :lol:
Of course, I'd rather we got Barca so I could watch Rangers be ripped apart than have a slight chance against Villarreal.

Poor FD. It's great watching you post all these pics and comments. It sickens you that we made it to the last 16. I know you're hurting. {|=

Sick as a Parrot CSC \\:o/

Back
Top Bottom