Celtic Thread

Zurawski was excellent and his goals where taken brilliantly, and the one he set up for Nakamura was a bit of brilliant play on the wing. Hopefully this is the game that sparks it off for him. Balde was very good again, I agreed with Strachan that him and Boruc kept the Pars at bay when we went through a rough patch in the 1st half. Boruc must be a certain signing, hopefully they've already agreed a figure if everything is okay. He's looking superb and even at this early stage I think we could well see the best goalie that Celtic have had in a long long time.

Petrov and Camara had good games too and Nakamura showed a lot more in the 2nd half what he can do, him and Zurawski looked very good at combining with each other.

1st half wasn't very pleasing, but a vast improvement in the 2nd half, could have scored a few more into the bargain.

Hibs put Rangers to the sword, so guess that was a good result, but I'm just wondering who I want to win when Rangers play Hearts at Tynecastle.........:roll:

FD

I would want Hearts to win. I love seeing the huns get beat from anyone. :mrgreen:

Magic was magic yesterday and Stan should why he should be captain full time.

Du Wei is meant to be signing tomorrow according to reports. :applause:

Damn,just tried to put a bet on hearts to win the spl,4-1 now,not worth the risk.I have a mate who put £50 on hearts just before the season started,with blue sq at 500-1,he just may make a small fortune.

hehe..........looks like you missed the boat mate. :lol:

I'm not going to lie and say I would like to see it happen as it would be great for Scottish Football, as I want Celtic to win, but should Hearts win it would quite a refreshing and amazing achievement. However I'll wait to see where they are after Xmas before I start thinking about what they're going to do. Personally I think Rangers will go up and roll them over as they always do in a few weeks.

Just imagine though, you could win the league at Ibrox and the whole lot of you could be singing to the same songs............;) (well the majority of your fans anyway).

FD

Celtic may be adding to the squad.

Seemingly 'Scooby' Du Wei has acquired a work permit and it's not upto the team's to agree a fee.

Also Boruc they hope to tie up, he's been very good, hopefully that'll happen.

Supposedly there'll be another player on the way, possibly one of the Swede's they where previously linked with.

FD

404 Not Found
The requested URL /home/gordonev/public_html/cannot-link.html does not exist.

Just imagine though, you could win the league at Ibrox and the whole lot of you could be singing to the same songs............ (well the majority of your fans anyway).

Now now,I know hearts and celtic fans dont get along,but their was no need for that,mind you,if we win the league,I couldn't give a toss what songs people sing.
We welcome the chase,lol
we are the people,lol
member 99 of wearenoscaredofhearts csc

Well if Rangers manage to get into the European qualification places, :lol: then come the season I'll be happy for us to win the league and if there's no-one else around the top, then Hearts can take 2nd place. :lol:

Onto Celtic - See Celtic have finally landed Scooby. He's coming on an initial loan period until January and then the deal has to be finalised then. Wonder if that will be Bobo away, hope not, but if so wish him all the best.

FD

Need ya help guys, any idea where i could order the new Celt AWAY Shirt with Nakamura printing in the big sizes (xxl+)?

official celtic store only carries it in xl i think, i'm not gonna fit in there. :)

Can anybody tell me where I can see Celtic games/highlights (I live outside of Scotland) on terrestrial telly?

Nope, no Sky - I'm not in my own place at the mo' so I have no say in the matter! Somewhere on the net then?

Good score for the Pat & Mick. Good result and with next week looming, if we beat ICT then it's obviously a bonus no matter what the result, although personally I hope it's a draw between Rangers and Hearts.

Have to say that 3rd strip is absolute class. Think it's out on limited edition from 13th October.

Also we have a run-out against Falkirk in the CIS Cup, hopefully he'll field some of the other guys from the team like Du Wei and Virgo.

It's early days yet but have to say that Boruc could well be the best goalie I've ever saw in the hoops goals, his handling is superb and he's Schmeical (sp?) like the way he spreads himself. Hope he's signed up quick smart.

FD

Although it wasn't the best performance it was a good result given that'll be one of our tougher games this season, especially considering next week's clash between the Orcs and the Uruk-hai, raaar! :mrgreen:

Can't believe Sproule stayed on the pitch, the referee was actually pulling him off Balde as he tried to first elbow then punch him, yet this is only a yellow card.

3rd kit is pretty nice but it still uses the same 'template' as the other Nike ones, I think the fun has gone out of kits now because everyone uses more or less the same kit with different colours.

Yeah I do agree with you about the strips, although still think it's a blinder.

As for Sproule, can't believe he stayed on either, well actually I can.............if that was a player in the hoops he'd be a 'thug', you know like Lennon, the guy that goes over the top in tackles, punches and elbows players (or sticks the head on them), he's got a terrible disciplinary record. :roll: All we had is that he's young and Telfer should have walked for putting his head upto Sproule (you know like Lovenkrands did with Thommo), who then went into Erik Morales mode, Bobo got booked for being a peace-keeper. Fantastic piece of refereeing, old Hugh Dallas was in the crowd I see writing things down, probably how he should've sent off both Celtic players and awarded a free-kick to Hibs for Telfer leaving his leg in for Sproule to kick.

FD

Lennon gets 3-game ban.

Surprised it wasn't longer given the total overreaction and witch hunt in the press over the incident. Watching it, the worst he does is give the ref a verbal volley and try to square up to him before the linesman gets in between them, yet read a paper or turn on the radio and they'll have you believe he pulled a blade from his sock and chibbed Dougal.

Listening in on the radio shows tonight is hilarious, you can almost taste the bile coming out of the disgruntled orcs phoning in. :lol:

i think the ban was fair....there has been a total over reaction to it imo....and i fear lennon will suffer from this by being a target for the refs in future games.

scottish football eh!........ make a mountain out of a mole hill.:roll:

Since theres no SPL thread, im gunna ask here.

Does anyone know where I can find the clip of a foul done in an SPL game from this weekend where the player who just came in basically did a rugby tackle near the sidelines? He jumps up, and wraps his arm around the other player and drags him to the ground, and gets a yellow card.

Back
Top Bottom