Celtic Thread

ClassicD said:
I'll post this now while it's fresh in my mind.

Not usually one for blaming officials for results, but the simple fact is the referee handed Rangers that match with his decision making.

Thompson's was never a red card (deja vu from last season, with Lovenkrands being 'headbutted' :roll: ). If it was, why was Camara not even booked for making an identical tackle in the second half? Why was Ian Murray not booked for his slide tackle on Maloney for the penalty, which would have been his second yellow and thus a red card?

Prso's was never a penalty. Petrov stood his ground, Prso booted it by him then ran into him and fell over, arms flailing as if he'd been felled by Vasili Zytsev in the stand.

As for the team's performance it's hard to judge, because the referee turned this game. Initially thought the decision to play Beattie instead of Maloney was iffy, and thought taking off Shunsuke when Beattie had done nothing was also the wrong choice - any sustained threat we had died at that point.

Camara had an excellent game bar a couple of iffy passes, defended very well. Telfer was sleeping for the opener and wasn't one of the better players. As mentioned, Beattie was terrible. Petrov was probably MOTM. Lennon didn't do anything different in terms of his play but he should have been a bit more savvy with his comments and actions as he is the captain. Hartson had no support.

The referee had an awful game. The positive thing is even after going down to 10 men in the first half we had more of the match than Rangers (HT stats showed more shots, and more free-kicks). This Rangers team are not impressive in the least and even with the referee's performance they still didn't dominate the game.

Disappointed but more with the referee than our team.
100% agree with everything in this post.

anyway to the game so we got beat thats not what is anoying me the most its that the ref was being praised for being consistant :shock: anything but......if thompsons was a red card...... a yellow yes but never a red then why was camara not red carded for the same type of tackle near the start of the 2nd half.....

there is still a long way to go in the league .....and well done to hearts winning again just hope they keep it up and make the league more exciting.

Hartson Looked as if he was pre-occupied by something else at the weekend now I know what it was

jhartson6.gif

Who ate all the pies the burgers and the fries u fat bstrd u fat bstrd
who ate all the pies ;)

Last edited:
Scored a good goal but didn't do much else, pretty quiet from my view but then I wasn't focusing on his performance. Except the fact that he dives a lot. :roll:

Agree with 99% of CD post, with the exception of the Petrov MOTM, I thought the game passed him by, like it did Hartson. Balde was our best for me and Camara and Maloney followed him.

Telfer was a weak link, that I already pointed out, caught for the 1st goal and fuck knows what he was playing at for the 3rd with a 'hello sailor' pose and heeling the ball into the sky for Prso to do a rendition of Swan Lake.

I'm not as overly disappointed as I usually am, because of the ref's decision. I'll put my hands up and say fair enough if Thommo deserves his red card, but I want to see every single player who does the same tackle carded..............not sure when this came into effect btw, remembering Malcolm nearly tear Tokley's balls off and almost kill McNaughton the other week.

The ref has just set a dangerous precedence that is going to be cast up in every game now with tackles. All ref's are singing from the same hymn book, therefore there are no grey areas or referee's varying views. One rule for them all.

FD

Last edited:
ClassicD said:
Scored a good goal but didn't do much else, pretty quiet from my view but then I wasn't focusing on his performance. Except the fact that he dives a lot. :roll:

yep agree with most of that but c'mon he aint a touch on petrov , hes never off the deck

This will probably sound like sour grapes but every crucial decision the ref made went in favour of the huns.

Booking Hartson early on for backchat resulted in Hartson scared to throw his weight around.
Sending off Thommo but failing to send off Murray, Rodrigues and Ferguson for similar tackles.
Letting Ferguson away with numerous offences, which included a kick at Lennon 4 yards from the ref in the build up to their second goal.
Not booking Murray for bringing down Maloney in the box which was a yellow card offence. He was already on a yellow at the time.
Awarding the huns a ridiculous penalty seconds after we were back in the game.

The ref spoiled the game but I seen enough in the first half to suggest that we would have got a result at Mordor if it wasn't for Stuart Dougall.

We shouldn't have been surprised though. We have only played 4 SPL games this season and already the huns have benefited from mahor decisions in 3 out of their 4 games. Its funny how the only game they have lost is when the ref called it straight down the middle.

Here is a rundown of their games so far
Game 1
Rangers V Livingston
Livy denied a penalty and have a man wrongly red carded. Rangers end up winning 3-0.

Game 2
ICT v Rangers
ICT are all over the huns and the ICT player bursts into the box and is brought down by FanFan. Everyone can see its a penalty except the officials. Rangers go on to sneak a 1-0 win.

Game 3
Aberdeen V Rangers
Ricksen commits several heavy challenges, squares up to various Aberdeen players and one of his own. Finally shown a second yellow, he could have walked earlier. Rangers lose 3-2

Game 4
Rangers v Celtic
5 minutes gone and the Ref books Hartson for some backchat effectively putting an end to his physical side of the game. Red card's Thompson for his first tackle of the game, a yellow and a warning was enough. Shows Murray and Rodrigues yellow cards for simillar tackles.
Fails to take action against Ferguson for various offences including a tackle from behind and raised hands.
Murray brings down Maloney in the box - result is a penalty but he fails to show Murray a yellow card, which the offence clearly merited. This would have resulted in Murray being sent off.
Awards Rangers a penalty when Prso clearly dives. This means that Rangers are spared a nervous last few minutes.

Scottish football is rotten to the core much like Rangers FC. We will never get a fair crack of the whip against that lot.

Cloud1863 said:
I dont agree that the ref handed the game to the gers , I dont think the the Thomson desicion was a str8 red card but think the ref gave for the intent in the challeng , thompson was no where near the ball . Now the pen u r talking about apart from the fact he was clearly obstructed the game was all but finished at that point . With 11 v 11 it may have made the game closer but still think Rangers would have had enough to win the game, Celtic rearly threatend and all Nakamura really done was have a free kick that was close so I dont think its fair so blame a ref on a game where Celtic could have had 12 men and it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm sure u will say its a biased point of view put to be fair the same can go both ways.

I totally respect your opinion mate but unless you live or have lived in Scotland(especially the West Coast) its hard to understand what actually goes on here. In my opinion our game is corrupt.

A few years ago Fergus McCann our previous owner exposed the then Head of the SFA Jim Farry for blatant corruption. Farry deliberately held up Jorge Cadette's registration so that he would miss our game against the huns. This was proven and Farry lost his job. This incident says it all about Scottish football.

We also have the debacle at Tynecastle last season where Rangers were awarded a last minute penalty by the linesman. The ref Hugh Dallas awarded a goal kick but he listened to a well known Rangers supporter who was running the line and Rangers win the game 2-1. It was one of the worst penalty decisions of all time. It has to be seen to be believed.

This may seem paranoid to some but its what I believe and I just hope someday Celtic can get out of Scotland and leave all this pish behind including Rangers. We don't need them and the quicker we get rid of the 'Old Firm' tag the better.

NakamuraTheTim said:
This will probably sound like sour grapes but every crucial decision the ref made went in favour of the huns.

Booking Hartson early on for backchat resulted in Hartson scared to throw his weight around.
Sending off Thommo but failing to send off Murray, Rodrigues and Ferguson for similar tackles.
Letting Ferguson away with numerous offences, which included a kick at Lennon 4 yards from the ref in the build up to their second goal.
Not booking Murray for bringing down Maloney in the box which was a yellow card offence. He was already on a yellow at the time.
Awarding the huns a ridiculous penalty seconds after we were back in the game.

The ref spoiled the game but I seen enough in the first half to suggest that we would have got a result at Mordor if it wasn't for Stuart Dougall.

We shouldn't have been surprised though. We have only played 4 SPL games this season and already the huns have benefited from mahor decisions in 3 out of their 4 games. Its funny how the only game they have lost is when the ref called it straight down the middle.

Here is a rundown of their games so far
Game 1
Rangers V Livingston
Livy denied a penalty and have a man wrongly red carded. Rangers end up winning 3-0.

Game 2
ICT v Rangers
ICT are all over the huns and the ICT player bursts into the box and is brought down by FanFan. Everyone can see its a penalty except the officials. Rangers go on to sneak a 1-0 win.

Game 3
Aberdeen V Rangers
Ricksen commits several heavy challenges, squares up to various Aberdeen players and one of his own. Finally shown a second yellow, he could have walked earlier. Rangers lose 3-2

Game 4
Rangers v Celtic
5 minutes gone and the Ref books Hartson for some backchat effectively putting an end to his physical side of the game. Red card's Thompson for his first tackle of the game, a yellow and a warning was enough. Shows Murray and Rodrigues yellow cards for simillar tackles.
Fails to take action against Ferguson for various offences including a tackle from behind and raised hands.
Murray brings down Maloney in the box - result is a penalty but he fails to show Murray a yellow card, which the offence clearly merited. This would have resulted in Murray being sent off.
Awards Rangers a penalty when Prso clearly dives. This means that Rangers are spared a nervous last few minutes.

Scottish football is rotten to the core much like Rangers FC. We will never get a fair crack of the whip against that lot.

NakamuraTheTim said:
I totally respect your opinion mate but unless you live or have lived in Scotland(especially the West Coast) its hard to understand what actually goes on here. In my opinion our game is corrupt.

A few years ago Fergus McCann our previous owner exposed the then Head of the SFA Jim Farry for blatant corruption. Farry deliberately held up Jorge Cadette's registration so that he would miss our game against the huns. This was proven and Farry lost his job. This incident says it all about Scottish football.

We also have the debacle at Tynecastle last season where Rangers were awarded a last minute penalty by the linesman. The ref Hugh Dallas awarded a goal kick but he listened to a well known Rangers supporter who was running the line and Rangers win the game 2-1. It was one of the worst penalty decisions of all time. It has to be seen to be believed.

This may seem paranoid to some but its what I believe and I just hope someday Celtic can get out of Scotland and leave all this pish behind including Rangers. We don't need them and the quicker we get rid of the 'Old Firm' tag the better.

It's all a conspiracy. Everybody involved in Scottish football is a Gers fan. Yep, since 80% of Scotland is of the Protestant faith then of course 80% of refs are Gers fans. Thats how it works, isn't it?

I feel deeply sorry for supporters like you, you're paranoia is unbelievable.

Oh and see all this nonsense about "Bhoys Against Bigotry" it's all a load of shite. Appointing a bigoted bad-tempered little man like Neil Lennon as club captain is a joke. I do hope he gets hammered with a huge ban as its been comin to him for a long time.

awvsd22gq5ga.jpg

How is Neil Lennon a bigot? Don't see him signing an autograph with 'FTP', don't see him singing the sash on a video camera. :roll:

As hard as it might be to accept this, the majority of Scotland is Protestant. The majority of Rangers' support is Protestant. The majority of Celtic's support is Catholic. It's thus not a million miles wide of the mark to say there are more Scottish Rangers fans in this country than Scottish Celtic fans, and that there are more officials who favour Rangers. :roll:

Look at Jim Farry. :roll:

Look at Andy Davis last season, the SFA backed him, then rewarded him with the Scottish Cup Final, you couldn't make it up! :lol:

Look at the referees chief Donald McVicar spouting about Thompson before the deadline for an appeal to the red card had passed - how can Thompson be given a fair hearing if the chief of referees is denoucning him as guilty before an appeal has even been lodged?

What gesture is that Lennon is making? Is it him saying "I can't hear you" to the thousands of scummy cunts in the stands calling him "a fenian bastard" because of his religion? Is his clenched fist his way of saying "bring it on, I don't give a shit"? Yet Lennon is wrong here and the baying hoardes are perfectly within their rights.

Piss off.

Have you heard Buffel's comments?

"Peter Lovenkrands set me up well for my goal. I was tackled, but preferred to stay on my feet rather than go down.
"I was in a good position, and it was better to try my luck than to win a free-kick."

He "preferred" to stay on his feet? Since when was it a choice? If you're choosing to go down then you're diving! Little shit.

LOL...........I think we know what Lenny's telling the Rangers fans in that pic. :lol:

Not sure where Bluenose get's his 'bigot' thing from Lennon? What factual thing can you come up there? Also 'bad tempered' Captain? LOL..........WTF are you talking about. Eh, Barry Ferguson covers himself in glory? Running amok in Kebab Shops, getting a kickin from a 17 year old. Ricksen was your Captain was he not? LOL................fk I'll not even bother with his list. haha..........your a scream.

FD

In reply to your question of why I think NL is a bigot. Last season he could be clearly seen on tv mouthing "orange b****rds" at the rangers fans and he was filmed spitting not once but twice on a rangers scarf to antagonise the crowd. I rest my case. Explain that one Quincy without denying it ever happened which I'm sure you'll attempt anyway.

Na mate you're hilarious. Ricksen was given captaincy and behaved honourably last season - a lot better than the behaviour I'm sure you're referring to before his captaincy and last week. The only incidents you've given me for barry in regard to his behaviour as captain have been off the pitch. The only incidents I can give you in terms of lennon and his behaviour as captain have been on the pitch. I know where I'd want my captain to be doin the business.

Celtic fans need to learn to take defeat and not point to stupid unproven conspiracies and rumour. After all your 'glory' days are behinds you so you better get used to losing pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
ClassicD said:
Have you heard Buffel's comments?

He "preferred" to stay on his feet? Since when was it a choice? If you're choosing to go down then you're diving! Little shit.

He's a "little shit" because he has integrity and when tackled tries his hardest to stay on his feet rather go to ground. From his comments I dont get where you mnage to come to the conclusion that he is a cheat seein as he never actually dived. He's havin a go at divers ie. Petrov but you are obviously too blinkered to see it.

truebluenose said:
In reply to your question of why I think NL is a bigot. Last season he could be clearly seen on tv mouthing "orange b****rds" at the rangers fans and he was filmed spitting not once but twice on a rangers scarf to antagonise the crowd. I rest my case. Explain that one Quincy without denying it ever happened which I'm sure you'll attempt anyway.

Na mate you're hilarious. Ricksen was given captaincy and behaved honourably last season - a lot better than the behaviour I'm sure you're referring to before his captaincy and last week. The only incidents you've given me for barry in regard to his behaviour as captain have been off the pitch. The only incidents I can give you in terms of lennon and his behaviour as captain have been on the pitch. I know where I'd want my captain to be doin the business.

Celtic fans need to learn to take defeat and not point to stupid unproven conspiracies and rumour. After all your 'glory' days are behinds you so you better get used to losing pal.
Neil Lennon might have done what you say but can you tell me you've never said anything of that sort against the Celtic fans etc...

People get caught up in the moment, I think I remember a Rangers player signing his signature with FTP on the end..

Well Lennon has only been sent off once and I can't actually remember anytimes he's actually deserved to be sent-off. If you mean when he gets in peoples faces, well Fernando is exactly the same wanting to get involved in fights that's nothing to do with him (Lennon usually has little flare ups after a tackle or something, but not involved in others) , although it's funny when someone gives Fernando a little kick as you'd think he's been shot by his screaming antics, so much of a hardman he is. 1 incident he's been involved in that's got himself sent off and anything off the field has been him being the victim, so not exactly a proven record.

As for spitting on a scarf meaning he's a bigot, LOL, aye. We could be here all day talking about players then if that's the case.
I can't recall NL calling them that, but can remember the scarf thing. People shouldn't throw things at others, people will retaliate in such ways that can be deemed silly i.e. Carragher, Diouf, Cantona.

FD

Cheers for clearing that up guys. Those are exactly the reactions I thought I'd get. You can't defend his actions so you compare them to other players'. I wasn't talking about anyone else, just Neil Lennon, so why did you deem it necessary to bring others into the discussion. My point was that as club captain and seasoned professional Neil Lennon should act like it. Whatever gers fans in the crowd shout at him he falls for the bait everytime. It shows he cannot handle the responsibilities that a club captain needs to be able to handle and so he is not fit for captaincy of one of the biggest clubs in the world especially in the most passionate derby in the world.

Clear what up? Your saying by someone spitting at a scarf, means he's bigoted, bull-shit.

I'll never forget the sketch done by Only an Excuse with the 2 Dundee (think it was them) fans in the stand and they where giving it hell to Lennon and then when Lennon made a gesture the shocked faces just summed it up. Tells a story doesn't it? Your fellow fans never did manage to prove Lennon said anything, as I can't remember anything coming out about it to prove that he said anything.

And obviously your chief guardian is a bigot also, 'Simple the best' anyone?

FD

I think though we should just chuck this though, as this is how the last thread closed.

Best to let it lie, as we ain't gonna agree. ;)

FD

LOL...............aye, is that one of them lip reader geniuses. :lol:

You can tell right away he's saying 'Cheating Bastards' which is par for course, but where the orange b thing comes in, aye.

FD

fd1972uk said:
is that one of them lip reader geniuses.

It's nice of you to call me that as, yes, it was I who made the original avi and added the subtitles. You're kidding yourself if you deny that that's what he's saying. What do you think he's saying FD?

Also, I'm surprised the media or SFA never picked up on this. They are, after all, all Rangers fans. :roll:

LOL..............it was you?

That's a totally neutral view then, eh?

Sorry, but for me I've watched it and I can't say that's what his lips are saying, I can make out cheats, that's about it. But guess I'm being blinkered unlike yourself.

Maybe I'd need to sit and study it like some sad cunt.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Maybe I'd need to sit and study it like some sad cunt.

:lmao:

:applause: You can't handle it so you resort to name-calling and insults. :mryellow:

It really does not take 'studying' to see exactly what Neil Lennon has said there.

My lips didn't move and you've assumed I mean you? I actually didn't mean it that way originally, but guess if you think about it..............

Usually people who behave in this way, have issues of themselves and are trying to bring others into their own guilt to make themselves feel a bit better.

I don't wanna go name calling as I have no grudge against anyone on here and have no probs with yourself mate, as I said leave it at that, we'll never agree.

From one bigot to another, let's leave it be till next OF day. :)

FD

truebluenose said:
He's a "little shit" because he has integrity and when tackled tries his hardest to stay on his feet rather go to ground. From his comments I dont get where you mnage to come to the conclusion that he is a cheat seein as he never actually dived. He's havin a go at divers ie. Petrov but you are obviously too blinkered to see it.
Buffel is saying he had the choice to go down or not but chose to stay on his feet and "try his luck". What I am saying, is that the very fact he believes he had any choice tells you what's going on in his head - you don't have a choice of going down if you're fouled, if you're fouled to a degree that you go down then that's that - if you go down when you've not been fouled to that degree then it's diving. Does that clear it up for you?

As for Neil Lennon spitting on a Rangers scarf, that means Neil Lennon hates Rangers, where do you get the bigot bit from here? :eh:

As for Foxy's movie. He might well be saying that, but he also might be saying "old bastards". And how do you know he's not shouting at fans near the dugout, and not at the bench? I think we've had the discussion about 'Orange' before, and it got out of hand. If I was to call a member of the Orange Order an "Orange Bastard", I wouldn't be saying anything wrong IMO. The Orange Order is an organisation which is bigoted because it does not allow Catholics membership, so by default it's anti-Catholic. Given Bob 'FTP' Malcolm was on the bench or near the dugout that day (I remember the police had to escort him away from the area), then Lennon could be shouting that at him, if that's what he's shouting. Malcolm has shown he's a bigot (Fuck the Pope), so if Lennon's calling him an Orange bastard he's probably right.

Or, he could be a bigot and is just calling them all Orange bastards, I'm not saying he didn't. But like Frank, I would think he'd have been called to task on this if it was the case. Foxy, you cannot in any seriousness be denying SFA/SPL bias against Celtic when Jim Farry was proven to have done what he did. That's there in black and white.

Back
Top Bottom