Celtic Thread

Don't blame Marshall at all, although I would've preferred to have Boruc in.

See the Anti-Christ Liam Miller is set to be punted for Man Utd, didn't think I'd say this, but I wouldn't mind him coming to Parkhead. He can add some imagination and workrate to that slow as shit midfield.

FD

3-0 now

Edit - make that 4-0, Celtic need one more to force extra time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Although we are out of europe, that was a great performance tonight. Just back from the game and i really thought we were going to do it.

Maloney, Beattie, Thompson, Petrov, Lennon were brilliant but Hartson was immense. An outstanding display of leading the line.

I'm looking forward now to Agathe, Virgo and Sutton coming back and the debut of Nakamura. :mrgreen:

Europe is over, lets et the treble. :mrgreen:

mon' the hoops. :)

Nice try - left yourselves too much to do, even against a pub team. Oh well, there's always next year. At least people will be off Strachan's back for the time being.

Embarassing. Can't be arsed with this hard luck story, as Crayon said we got knocked out by a Pub Team.

Hartson was immense, but he had to be after the 1st game as he had chucked it along with Lennon (who was also brilliant) last week. Although where the guy above get Thompson and Petrov been outstanding I'll never know, both where pish for me and as for Wallace what brainwave did Strachan have for that one?

FD

Ok so we never did it but on the performance side much better hopefully they can put this bad spell behind them and go on and try to get back the title....but i still say that Mo Camara should be got rid ....

yo

can someone tell me the official celtic transfers of 05/06?

in and out

from and to

You can see Beattie's goal from yesterday here, crackin goal.

Watched the highlights of the match and seemed to play well, Nakamura was terrific. Yet again Maloney came on and played really well and Beattie came on and scored, would like to see one of them start.

dark_669, if you go into the 'Editing Section' of the forum you will find a sticky near the top called Summer Transfers, Celtic are in that list.

Yep they looked good.

See Bobo is off, definetely need 2 centre half's now, as I'm worried about Varga and McManus come OF game.

I think Beattie does deserve a chance, although I'm kinda thinking supersub as he seems more effective coming from the bench when other teams are tired. I quite like the sounds of Hartson and Aliadiere, BBJ flick's and Ali's pace could be good. Not impressed with Zurawski at all.

Maloney has did well too, although he's woeful in front of goal, I'd stick him on the right wing though.

FD

Good weekend for the Tic. Made hard work for it, but got the win nonetheless and Rangers where defeated with Ricksen getting sent off.

I'd take a draw, but having watched them in the past couple of games, we can go there and win. I think it'll be down to who the dodgiest defence is on that day.

Also see Paul Hartley mouthing off about Hearts, mark my words Hearts will be broken again, they've no chance. Rangers go up there next month and I'll be damn sure they'll be coming back with 3 points like they always do.

FD

Not so sure about Hearts tbh, Burley looks as if he's going to do a decent job. The real test will be when they play us or them.

I was worried about going to Ibrox with this defense (more bluntly, Mo Camara), but they are honkin at the back as well and Ricksen suspended will be a big miss for them.

Would like to see Maloney play instead of Zurawski but I think the Pole will be given one more chance on Sunday.

Personally I'd go with Aliadiere, his pace would cause all sorts of problem for that shit defence. If not him, I'd go with Beattie, think Maloney up front will just get bullied and his shooting is guff.

FD

Think it'd be a disgrace if Aliadiere started, considering Beattie has scored in 3 of the last 4 matches and can't have played for more than 15 minutes in each of them. Also think while Maloney's finishing has been lacking, he's transformed how the team has been playing everytime he's come on. His link-up play and movement has been outstanding, and I think it's clear now he's not a striker but that his position is floating behind the forwards. Quite how that fits in with our line-up I don't know, he's usually come on for Zurawski and that meant BBJ up front on his own. But I dunno where you are gettin he'll be bullied from, he's been great so far IMO.

I'm not judging Aliadiere because he's not had a real chance to show what he can do, but Beattie and Maloney have both IMO done more than enough to warrant a start and it'd be a slap in the face if he got in instead.

Regardless, I think it'll be the exact same line-up we've seen the past 2 weeks anyway.

Yep, Beattie has done well, but it's not really happened for him against Rangers tbh, he's played about 2 or 3 times. Guess he really should get the nod, you can't really argue, but I just think Aliadiere will torment their defence with his pace, Beattie is no slouch but is nowhere near as quick as him. And he hasn't had the slightest hint of a sniff of the first team in the league, he only made 2 sub apps against Artmedia. I thought it was strange signing him anyway from the off, but to give the younger guys the nod ahead of him was really the thing that threw me. Usually the newer guys get a chance to prove themselves, he hasn't.

As for Maloney, yep on the wing, but I would rather go with the tried and trusted in there, especially now we got Nakamura. No way would I play Maloney up front, as that's where I think he'll get bullied, Rangers players are never slow to go in like nutjobs, the likes of Rae, Andrews, Murray and Malcolm would get away with knocking him out the way, whilst when BBJ challenges he gets fouls against him. Maloney on the wing, more than up front, that's where I think he'll get a rough time of it. Maloney's pace is very good, but between him and BBJ they'd be offside every 2 mins, they're the worst at Parkhead for straying offside.

FD

cuffedthebast4rc6js.jpg

:lol:

FD

always copying the gers eh

priceless.jpg

4pxoq04fl.jpg

never forget it cause we wont :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'll post this now while it's fresh in my mind.

Not usually one for blaming officials for results, but the simple fact is the referee handed Rangers that match with his decision making.

Thompson's was never a red card (deja vu from last season, with Lovenkrands being 'headbutted' :roll: ). If it was, why was Camara not even booked for making an identical tackle in the second half? Why was Ian Murray not booked for his slide tackle on Maloney for the penalty, which would have been his second yellow and thus a red card?

Prso's was never a penalty. Petrov stood his ground, Prso booted it by him then ran into him and fell over, arms flailing as if he'd been felled by Vasili Zytsev in the stand.

As for the team's performance it's hard to judge, because the referee turned this game. Initially thought the decision to play Beattie instead of Maloney was iffy, and thought taking off Shunsuke when Beattie had done nothing was also the wrong choice - any sustained threat we had died at that point.

Camara had an excellent game bar a couple of iffy passes, defended very well. Telfer was sleeping for the opener and wasn't one of the better players. As mentioned, Beattie was terrible. Petrov was probably MOTM. Lennon didn't do anything different in terms of his play but he should have been a bit more savvy with his comments and actions as he is the captain. Hartson had no support.

The referee had an awful game. The positive thing is even after going down to 10 men in the first half we had more of the match than Rangers (HT stats showed more shots, and more free-kicks). This Rangers team are not impressive in the least and even with the referee's performance they still didn't dominate the game.

Disappointed but more with the referee than our team.

Well, everytime I watch Old Firm games it is more a case of who has the referee on their side, and although I aint a fan of neither Celtic or Rangers, Rangers have the referee wrapped around the finger most of the times.

Why would you send someone off in a game like the Old Firm after 23 minutes?..now unless he done a karate kick and it landed on Novos face or he broke the referee's leg, there is no fucking need to send someone off so soon for one tackle.

Prso is a big numpty, I remember when he hit his head and he wore a bandage for about 3 months, my cousin was even saying he was a twat and he supports Rangers, ah well what can you do, you can never get a fair game between these two clubs anymore.

I dont agree that the ref handed the game to the gers , I dont think the the Thomson desicion was a str8 red card but think the ref gave for the intent in the challeng , thompson was no where near the ball . Now the pen u r talking about apart from the fact he was clearly obstructed the game was all but finished at that point . With 11 v 11 it may have made the game closer but still think Rangers would have had enough to win the game, Celtic rearly threatend and all Nakamura really done was have a free kick that was close so I dont think its fair so blame a ref on a game where Celtic could have had 12 men and it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm sure u will say its a biased point of view put to be fair the same can go both ways.

Thompson wasn't that far away from the ball at all, Novo just nicked it away before he made contact but you've just said yourself you don't think it was the right decision anyway.

At the most, Prso was 'obstructed', which according to the rules of the game means an indirect free-kick inside the box, not a penalty. Saying he was obstructed is being extremely generous, he just kicked it by Petrov and threw himself over! Prso was also booked on more than one occassion last year for diving...

My point was that the Thompson decision ended the game as a contest, that was the reason that Nakamura didn't get into the game much, the reason it was 2-1 by the time Rangers got their penalty, etc, etc. Before the red card Celtic weren't troubled, and even after it at no point in the game were Celtic under intense pressure, so I don't know where you're getting the 12-men thing from at all.

oh well the huns got turned over again by the mighty gers
thompson is a scummer nearly got the ball my arse nearly broke nachos leg more like nearly got the ball so its ok to lunge 2 footed? fuck right off ya tarrier scumbags!!!!!!

lennon the bigotted wee shitebag was dying to get sent off captain of celtic :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: your fucking shite

prso ya dancer

steven wilson got sent aff for the same kind of tackle at the paedodome the yahoos won 5-1 did ya greet aboot it back then scum

avg4uq.jpg

aye he nearly got the baw :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

51 and counting

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom