Celtic Thread

For those who haven't seen it, new away kit apparently, or maybe 3rd I dunno:

01982051z5ow.jpg

Like I said in the new kits thread I quite like it.

Anyway, looks like we might get some bloody signings at last, both Camara and Zurawski are at Celtic Park right now. I've heard a few grumblings that Camara isn't much kop and the fact MON was the one who started looking at him and not Strachan does worry me a bit. When you add to that, his name is Momo Camara, it's time to dig the extra toilet roll out, maybe we'll be alright 3rd-time lucky :mrgreen:.

I've said the very thing on a celtic fans website about Momo.

And that strip is awful.

Not impressed with those two tbh.

FD

Polish striker Maciej Zurawski will decide on Monday whether to join Celtic.

The 28-year-old has been mulling over a move to Parkhead and met Celtic officials to discuss terms this week.

He is also a target for Austria Vienna and Trabzonspor, but The Bhoys still appear to be favourites to land his signature.

"After Zurawski stayed two days in Scotland, the negotiations over the transfer of the striker will continue on Monday when the representatives of both clubs will meet again," read a statement from Zurawski's current employers Wisla Krakow.

"Probably, Maciej Zurawski will make a decision next week, regarding the contract with Celtic."

The hit-man himself insists The Bhoys are his first option and admitted he had been very impressed with what he had seen of the club and the city.

"I am not looking too far forward and am thinking only of Celtic," he told Wisla's official website.

"It is a great city and a great club. They have another culture of life with big shopping centres, big markets, it's a big city.

"I was very impressed with the stadium, which has a capacity of 60,000 people."

i riviting fd..........i dont think we will get him as he is taking too long to give an answer supposed to give 1 on monday now its been put back to thursday.:roll:

He said he'd go discuss it with his family and let us know within a week, that was last Wednesday - this 'Monday' thing is a lot of pish whipped up by one certain paper. :roll:

Anyway, official Wisla Krakow site has been updated this evening with the news that Zurawski has decided to sign for us, and the deal will be done tomorrow. :)

Yep, supposedly the deal is almost done, just Celtic I think are meant to increase their offer to match the Turks.

Also supposedly Bellamy has agreed in principle with his package for Celtic, but just a case of Celtic stumping up the dough, with a rumour that Dermot Desmond might pay it from his pocket.

And hopefully we'll get Dellas and Niemi. If we got those 4 we'd be pretty decent for next season.

Stick a ball playing midfielder and we'd be sorted.

FD

Not sure why they're going for Aliadere, wouldn't get a sniff of the first team if I was picking the team.

FD

Only have 1 left-back now and that's the new guy who I have to admit, most of the support don't have much faith in.

Apparently, you were offered Pierre-Fanfan before us but Desmond was too busy trying to haggle with Wisla for Zurawski to commit... and now he might even be off to Besiktas after they offered Wisla £2.4m.

Gordon Strachan must have wondered what he's got himself into!

Zurawski set to sign today. Fernandez linked with Cardiff City.

Have to admit he's did a good job of getting rid of some shit i.e. Laursen, Sylla, Douglas and this would be another good one to get off the books.

Just need to get a shifty in terms of players coming in.

FD

Yep, looks that way.

One minute Shepherd is saying 'Celtic don't seem to be very interested as they have permission and stuff' by today's press and then he's out saying 'Celtic board have did all they could', wonder if someone has put a little word in his ear............Lawell or Desmond.

Heard we're taking Djamel Belmadi on trial, not bad eh? Mind you he's supposed to be like Zidane, naw no fancy skills and exquisite passing.............he's Algerian.

Why not try a little better and try and go for Walter Baseggio who's supposed to be getting kicked out of Anderlecht, he's a decent player.

Fuck if De La Pena can't impress as a trialist what chance has Djamel O'Neill.

FD

Djamel Belmadi we had him a couple of season ago on loan, he's nothing to write home about! oh and nothing like Zidane! :)

lads wit us on dela pena was playin in spain last season and i dnt know if any of use seen him play against real madrid as he absolutely destroyd them single handedly
cheers chrissy bhoy

Think we should be known as Sloppy Seconds Celtic, as that looks like we'll be getting all the time.

First up is Zurawski instead of Bellamy.

Now it seems Boruc will come instead of Niemi.

Basically we're signing guys we've never heard of/saw and just crossing our fingers. Once again a goalie who really has had a big bearing in losing the last 2 titles to Rangers is someone we're not sure of, instead of getting someone of genuine quality i.e. Niemi.

What worries me most, is that this guy is Jerzy Dudek's understudy? Fuck, I didn't think Poland had any other goalies, as I didn't think anyone could be worse than him.

FD

hi Celtic's fans. Do you have any pictures of Maciej Zurawski with him new kits (nr 7), i dont know if the player presentation was yet but i hear that he play him first training with the team.

good luck from Poland

btw. Artur Boruc set to sign too

i see we have signed defender Adam Virgo from wait for it....Brighton for 1.5 mil is it just me or is anyone else starting to worry about GS .......to be fair to the guy i will wait to see how he plays but come on celtic get ur ass in gear and get Nakamura8) in they seem to be draging thier heels now thats a signing that will get the fans excited ranther than someone from brighton.:(

thats nice Milanista .:) .....i just seen on skys website we had another bid for hearts Hartely rejected looks like we are not getting Nakamura then cause thats who we were reported to go for if we could not get him now looks like we are getting neither.......:roll:

Back
Top Bottom