Celtic Thread

Chris Sutton sports bra:
huns5cn.jpg

:mrgreen:

LOL:lol: .....classic....classic

so we are going to the last day match of the season then:shock: need to go buy myself a new set of fingers i think.

Last edited:
:lol: hehe..........very good.

Now I need to find somewhere in Rhodes that will show the game. Haven't got a chance to see the Hearts game, but I did listen to a bit of it, was scary.

FD

So MON is 50/50 as to wether he will will be here next season but has confirmed he won't be going to another club if he does decide to go.

if he does go .....international manager anyone?????? cause i don't see him packing it in football that is.

and it will be ironic if he does go just as he was about to be givin 15m for players i think if we lose the title then i see him going.

Sounded like quite a turnaround. How do UK people get to watch the Scottish league?

Well what can i say :roll: .......well done to Rangers:applause:

We never took our chances well enough when they came and thats what it comes down to ...nothing to do with the ref ect ........(as i know some fans will go on about).

it was Celtics title to lose and they did that spectacularly.....rather than Rangers winning it in a sense.

roll on the SCF:roll:

RuneEdge said:
Sounded like quite a turnaround. How do UK people get to watch the Scottish league?

Pay-per view, aka Setanta on Digital.

But quite frankly, it aint worth it unless your a Celtic or Rangers fan because thats all they seem to show.

Don't know whether it's just not sunk in yet or I am losing interest, but I really surprised myself by how little anger I felt come full-time, or even feel now.

We have been shite for 95% of this season, and with Rangers not being much better really this title was more about who was 'least shite' than who was champions. Even last year when we won the league, I wasn't exactly overjoyed. We missed the boat after Seville, it's time for you to go Martin.

And I don't think I want Strachan either, he left for health reasons at Southampton, what makes anyone think he could handle either half of the Old Firm?

"Meh" is about all I can muster to sum up...

It's not that it's just that having tasted Europe, by which I mean reaching a final and coming so close to making it out of the group stage, after the state of our European exploits pre-MON, Scottish football depresses the hell out of me at times. Back in the days when we were pish, the target of winning the league again satisfied me, but now as I said, I'm not nearly as bothered these days whether we win (last year) or lose. It's 'small-fry' IMO, I can't get excited about it whereas when we play in Europe I look forward to the games for weeks in advance.

Anyway...

Big rumour is that MON will make the announcement that he is leaving tomorrow. Although the media up here have been saying he's leaving since he walked in the door, I have to say the complete silence from the club regarding the recent frenzy of media speculation that he's for the off probably means this time they're right. I'm not sure how I feel about it, on the one hand I don't want to go back to the bad old days pre-MON but on the other hand I do think it's time for a fresh start.

I love the way MON has been turned out, been on a few celtic forums and its all the same the Messiah is now mearly a man, the guy that would never leave u has . Yes at the moment he is taking time off with his wife but u can bet for sure he will be at another club in a season or two and proberly in the English Premier and I seriously doubt it will b Man U. But back to the point as Ive heard "he cant manage with a small budget" one of a few things "the faithfull" hoops fans said. There is one very simple and honest answer ....Henrik Larsson , he was the player who kept u in the Uefa cup run and the final if u had no HL in the final u wouldnt have scored . Very last point what has O'Neil really achived apart from the tome u took 100 million fans to Seville to see your hoops get the runners up medal and see Porto lift the cup , in the CL this season was the first he took apoint away from home and were lucky to get 3 points from Shaktar.

Last edited:
What has he achieved? Look at the position we were in before he took over, there was something like a 38 point swing by the end of his first season. Was it not something like 20 years since a Scottish club had been in Europe after Christmas before he arrived?

He turned the club around and gave us great memories (the best in my lifetime).

btw that's nonsense about the Celtic forums thingy, on the one I visit there have been plenty of folk saying all year it was time for a change in management. The guy has been getting a ton of criticism from Celtic fans for a long, long time - check this thread, there's been some here in the past.

Celtic manager Martin O'Neill is to leave the club.

The news, which had been widely anticipated, was finally confirmed on Wednesday afternoon.

O'Neill's wife Geraldine is ill and the 53-year-old is standing down to look after her.

His assistants John Robertson and Steve Walford will also depart the club.

There ya go then, who would you want as his replacement?

That's who is replacing him, not necessarily who I'd want. But as usual, the guy must be given a chance and have the backing of the support.

Good Luck Martin.

i see Strachens only got a one year rolling contract, best move for the club i really cant see him being a succsess!

Just give Strachan a chance...
And sad for MON to leave this way, good luck to him and his wife.
I hope he will get a chance to return to football and manage another good club...

I don't know much about Scottish football, but i have the feeling that we will see a whole bunch of new players...if the board is prepared to invest in new players.
Good luck Celtic.

Given that Strachan has no loyalties to any player at Celtic Pk then this gives him the chance to mould a team over the next few year with Tommy Burns that can re build and take the steps fwd that are needed.
I too have reservations whether he is the right man but we've got him now and deserves our backing. Onwards and Upwards.

Personally, i would not be surprised to see James Beattie arrive at Parkhead in the summer. He has a good relationship with Strachan and hasn't done anything at Everton who are looking to sign Robbie Keane.
Think this would be agood move as he is a younger, fitter and more mobile option than Sutton or Hartson.

Good luck Gordon and you have my utmost support.

Hail Hail.

Back
Top Bottom