Celtic Thread

Be good if Bellamy stays, but I just cant see it happening.

Does anyone know if O'neill is getting some money to FINALLY buy players after this season?..

Football amazes me, Rangers spend money like they are Chelsea, but they are in debt, Celtic get into the Champions League season after season, got to the final of the UEFA cup and your lucky if they have bought 4 players since.

kingpug said:
Celtic get into the Champions League season after season, got to the final of the UEFA cup and your lucky if they have bought 4 players since.

Its the board they are very conservative where money is concerned the fans aint happy just ask Mr Quinn.

Excellent pics CD. ;) Got my new avatar from that. :)

As for getting booked for that, it's a disgrace, although I'm adamant he was booked by the ref in the hope of sending him off later as Bellamy doesn't really do anything to warrant straight red's, he's more likely to give a moan or have a little ding-dong with an opponent.

Had me sweating a bit at the end, although it was a terrible decision for the supposed foul that Beattie got against him for the free-kick leading upto their goal. Although have to admit, he was woeful when he came on and couldn't moan about getting taken off. He should've had a hat-trick, he looked fucked after 10 mins. The whole team where outstanding, thought Balde, Marshall, Hartson and Petrov where especially fine (along with Hell's Bell's).

Congrats to BBJ for winning (well sharing) the PPOTY. Totally deserved it.

FD

Last edited:
Dunno what Bellamy and Petrov were booked for, Petrov does that celebration all the time and there's no problem - so what, you're not allowed to celebrate when you score now? If they'd ran up their own end and celebrated they'd have been booked for over-exuberance or time-wasting, a total joke.

I thought the referee had an absolute shocker - Maurice Ross managed to survive till HT, I really don't know how he managed that. Ricksen raking his studs down Thommo's leg, Kyrgiakos doing to Bellamy what Thommo did to Lovestheground and absolutely nothing happening.

Yep Beattie missed 2 glorious chances, I think his head just went down after that but he has no one to blame for being subbed but himself. If Bellamy had stayed on he'd have had a field day.

Defense was pretty good for a change, Petrov was outstanding for me. Marshall did well but a couple of times after saves he got a rush of blood to the head and did something daft, like flapping at the corner then coming out to let Novo round him when he had no need to. Still learning I guess, but I'd say Petrov MOTM.

bigrab.jpg

:lol:

:lol: LOL..........

Actually I do think Petrov maybe was justified in getting booked. It was a superb header, but he ran off the park and did his little celebration in front of them. Was a little silly.

He was most defo the MOTM, I knew Marshall would get it, I mentioned it way before the game finished because I knew it would be 'Oh the goalie came to the rescue' blah blah blah.

Thought the ref was a tad poor also, just some confusing decisions he made.

As for Marsh, he did well but as you said his punch he flapped at the header off the bar and the Novo dash where rather bizarre.

FD

Good performance by the bhoys yesterday, thought it was very comfortable.

Only Douglas, Varga and McNamara where disappointing for me. Thought big Beattie came on and did a grand job out in the right. Thought Stan was the MOM though, Sutton played well but he was still behind a few players for me i.e. Balde, Hartson, Petrov and Thommo.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Sutton played well but he was still behind a few players for me i.e. Balde, Hartson, Petrov and Thommo.
I know, Thommo in good game shocker!

Was a wee bit edgy at times, glad MON changed it for the 2nd half cos the strikers had no support from midfield early on, which is one of our big problems I think - we just lump the ball up to the front 2 and hope they do something.

Tough 2 games coming up tho.

Yep, defo is a problem with the midfield. Because we lack pace in there, always seems to be that no-one can get up in time to help out the strikers. I'm not sure if Bellers will be fit for next week, maybe even start him on bench and see how things go, I'd either stick McGeady or give Beattie another run on the right wing, as he's far quicker than McGeady. Drop Laursen for McNamara at left-back.

Can't see Rangers slipping up in their last 2 games, they'll hump Well at home and as for Hibs, they'll pump them too with ease no doubt as Hibs save all their worst performances for them it seems and they haven't been playing well recently into the bargain (even though they beat us).

The way it's going I'll be on holiday when the final game is played against Motherwell, so hopefully I can get to see it over in Greece.

FD

The colours are a bit strange in that photo. Todays Daily Record has at the top of the back page, the headline 'JACKIE SHOWS OFF THE NEW CELTIC STRIP (HONEST)' :lol:

celtic0506.jpg

Probably the lighting, the Lennon photo is from the Celtic Official Website.

Wonder who came up with that brilliant headline. :roll:

FD

Despite the Lennon one being from the official site it still looks like the 'wrong' colour IMO. I like the kit tho i have to say.

I'm telling you it's the lighting, they'll both be the same. Does look nice, still a tad unsure about the badge in the middle.

I was discussing the Lennon factor the other day with some fans and hope they keep him, but if he was to move on, I thought a good buy would be Scott Severin, he can also play in a few places as well.

FD

That's what I was saying, the lighting is gubbed and the kit isn't actually the colour on Lennon's pic but the colour on the other one ;).

b9a5f2173f2a177bd17eb812325abc6b459de2d32d5f064ffd0e88da5737.jpg

Looks crackin' IMO, I'm gonna maybe try getting it without the sponsor (apparently you can do this if you just go into the shop and ask), but even if I don't manage that it still looks great.

Stringer,

*Nah it's very light, made with that new stuff that Nike have to make sure it doesn't bog the players down when they sweat.

CD - Certainly does look nice, shorts and socks seem nice too, can't wait to see the away and 3rd strip, I bet the 3rd strip is better than the away.

FD

*:mrgreen:

Thought you'd already seen the away, it's been posted on this forum somewhere. :eh:

Away:

Training:

Apparently the third kit is green, and will have yellow numbering, so I've heard.

Not sure if I believe everything I see on these silly forums.

If it does turn out to be green, I'll probably say the away one will be better then, quite like the training top if that turns out to be what it is.

When are the due for release?

FD

fd1972uk said:
Stringer,

*Nah it's very light, made with that new stuff that Nike have to make sure it doesn't bog the players down when they sweat.

I meant heavy as in it's really good. Finaly Celtic has a kit made buy Nike, hope they can play like the god Nike in the CL next season lol.

:mrgreen: hehe, I knew what you meant anyway, that's why I stuck the little * and Smilie at the bottom. Sorry, just another childish moment from myself.

FD

Frank there were many doubts about those pics but they also show the home top before it was officially unveiled, it turned out they had the real one so my thinking is these are definitely real too.

I quite like the black one tho maybe it's a little plain, right enough I think the home top looks tons better on the official promotions than it did there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom