Celtic Thread

If he said that then that's fair enough, he's a passionate Scotsman and is entitled to his opinion. The fact is as manager of Celtic his only concern should be Celtic, so as long as McGeady delivers for him there should be no problems.

Why, because someone who was working as a pundit expressed an opinion? I doubt McGeady will be greetin' over that, if it even happened.

Scottish Cup Final
Celtic 1-0 Dundee United

:lol:

My goodness you must have been shitting yourselves when 1) Sutton missed his penalty in hilarious fashion and 2) when Archibald sconed the bar in injury time with that belter of a shot.

Again, I really wasn't fussed - my enthusiasm level has been very low for some time and truth be told after last Sunday I would rather that was the season done, that there wasn't even another game (today's) to play. It's time for a change, anything at all to spark some interest.

btw fecking Rowbotham today, how many bloody times did he want to get in players' way?

Oh that was a howler just before my wedding day. :( Have to admit we where all sit in the boozer's over there and could see it coming, they where all funnelling back and just kept hoofing the ball anywhere.

As CD mentioned I wasn't really fussed with the Cup Final, I wasn't going to bother with it and didn't start watching it till around the 40min mark, when I unexpectantly returned early from the town.

As for MO, wish him and his family all the best, but tbh, think maybe it was time for a change, not sure about Strachan, think he might be likewise with his type of play. Although I'll wait and see. Wouldn't mind Niemi though, he's the goalie we really need. And Robbie Keane would be nice too. If we lose out on Bellamy (which I think we will anyway) those 2 would be better for the team IMO and would probably cost less too.

Just see what the summer brings now.

FD

Douglas and Sylla have signed for Leicester, Strachan's only been here a day and already started clearing out the deadwood. I hear we actually got £100,000 for super Momo, marvellous!

See Bobo has been making comments about how if Bayern come in for him he'll definitely go, and Strachan said something along the lines of "that's fine, we don't want folk here who will jump ship", etc. Big Bobo is a bit of a cult figure but it'd hardly be the end of the world if he left. However it is another sign of the complete incompetence at times of the board/MON that he was given this improved contract in the first place, just so he can waltz out for nowt.

Congrats on the wedding btw.

Cheers mate.

Great that Momo and Boab are away, I really liked big Rab's attitude, he really did seem to like playing for the club and seemed to get really involved, however as a goalie he was fucking minging. Momo, well he's just Momo.

As for Bobo, certainly wouldn't burst out crying if he left, after Lubo & Henrik everyone can go now and it won't be as bad. He can be a liability now and again, but his strength and pace do make up for some of his faults. Do think it's time anyway for 2 new centre-half's.

As for his contract, the board really are fucking imbeciles, giving this guy extra money and he can still leave for nothing, what mastermind thought that one up? No wonder our finances are awful, with idiots like this in charge. Just didn't see the point. However if Bayern want him, then good luck to them, he has seemed to play better against some of the top opposition, but he'll possibly get found out on a week to week basis with better opponents. His distribution and clearances leave a lot to be desired. Maybe with a classier player like Lucio that may help, that's his best combo with someone who can play a bit and read the game.

I always look forward to the summer, when there's transfer's galore, so hopefully we'll be involved in some dealings. As some people have mentioned, Wee Gord has to make a good 1st signing, so we'll see what happens there.

FD

Nah it isn't legal to marry wean's yet! :mrgreen: ;) Michael Jackson would've done it a long time ago if it was. :lmao:

Seriously, yep, that's the plan anyway unless I'm a TA man.

FD

;)

Rumoured links, Wayne Bridge, Anderlecht Left-Back (don't know who he is?) on Loan, Crouch, Niemi, Phillips, Bellamy, Keane.

Out - Douglas, Balde, McNamara to Sunderland, Thommo to Bolton.

Guess most of the in's are crap, but wouldn't say no to any of them, including Phillips.

FD

Fuck me gently, surely not going after O'Brien. Please god, let it not be true. :shock: :( Newcastle defence was shit, only Boumsong I would take and he isn't actually a great defender.

FD

Jesus, anybody been to Alloa? As if we buy the players we're linked with, we'll be playing against them in the lower divisions. Who the fuck is Tommy Smith? And £10k a week? Jesus.

Mind you at least Douglas is away now, just need Hedman to go and that'll be even better. Momo and Douglas to Leicester and he's thinking about Laursen too, thank you Craig.

FD

Aye, not sure where I got Smith. But probably Tommy Smith is better than him, whoever Tommy Smith would be.

FD

Thought I'd share a text message I received after Celtic lost the league.

To the tune of 'Old MacDonald':-

'Scott McDonald scored 2 goals EIEIO,
Scott McDonald scored 2 goals EIEIO,
With an overhead kick
and a wee cheeky flick
to make those f***** bastards sick,
Scott McDonald scored 2 goals EIEIO.'

Fucking hilarious eh! :mrgreen: :(

FD

fd1972uk said:
Jesus, anybody been to Alloa? As if we buy the players we're linked with, we'll be playing against them in the lower divisions. Who the fuck is Tommy Smith? And £10k a week? Jesus.

Mind you at least Douglas is away now, just need Hedman to go and that'll be even better. Momo and Douglas to Leicester and he's thinking about Laursen too, thank you Craig.

FD

Tommy Miller could turn out to be a good signing. There are a few gems to be found in the championship, look at Cahill and Ashton.

Aye, well if this is the same guy that Berti Vogts tried to get into our squad last year then I'm starting to shit my pants with worry. He's that good, he's not appeared since.

FD

So who are Celtic looking to buy this summer?

I would say a good playmaker. Please buy Okocha i don't care how well Bolton are doing this season i want to see Okocha play in the CL.

I wouldn't mind Okocha tbh, although I'm not as overly fussed about him as I was a couple of years ago. Thought he was pretty average last season, even though Bolton did really well in the EPL.

A playmaker would be a good addition, still don't think MO used Juninho correctly and gave him a chance. Just not sure if Strachan sees a playmaker as an integral part of our team.

FD

tumbleweed.gif

FD

Heh, glad to hear I'm not the only one doing my head in repeatedly checking sites and tv channels to see if anything is happening. Latest rumours I've heard are that Bellamy will sign for us (something about he's just bought a house in Bearsden), but probably BS.

Olivier Bernard is now a free agent as well I heard, as he was only on a 6-month deal at Southampton - could do worse considering there's no fee.

Crikey, just imagine. Harper in goals (if he knows where to stand by the amount of games he's played), Bernard at Left-back (hope he doesn't try any headers after his last episode - stoating willy impersonation) and Tommy Miller in midfield pulling the strings (of our hearts with woeful passes).

Grrrrrrr ya bastards, ECL next phase here we come.......................

FD

:lmao: saw this one...........

"Petrov to join Valencia on Thursday, they are prepared to offer £18 million." - source...........gluesniffers.com me thinks.

Biscan to Celtic for £3m. Aye birdy.

McGeady to Everton.

Liam Miller back to Parkhead on loan, aye right, red carpet being laid out as I type.

Also Gareth Barry and Alan Smith to Rangers.

Also regarding Olivier Bernard CD, here was my bro's response to Celtic possibly offering him a contract.

"
I it's the wrong kind of contract ur talkn bout, celtic fans have put a contract on his heed, they gave a guy called Tommy McCabe fi Whiteinch £10k 2 take him out. Jus think Barnard & Camara will b sluggn it out for the left back spot, the whole a europe are tryn to scupper the deals."

:mrgreen:

FD

Latest rumour:-

Steed Malbranque to sign on Wednesday.

Neil Lennon has reportedly signed a new 1 year deal on a 33% wage reduction, whilst Jackie Mc is set to sign for Wolves after turning down Celtic's latest offer.

FD

Not heard anything about Malbranque, would be very surprised if that happened but delighted, sounds like total pish tho.

Still nothing on the fishal site about Lennon so I doubt it's a 'done deal' just yet, shame about Jackie Mac if true.

Back
Top Bottom