Celtic Thread

ah well 2 - 0 rangers i think won it to there credit we never wanted it bellman he was ok ah well well done rangers

Unfortunately Rangers deserved to win this game.

During the first half Celtic were the stronger team, and from 2 great chances should have been ahead by the break, but a weak finish from Bellamy and a great save by Waterreus from Hartson stopped that. Second half Rangers came out while we still seemed to be in the dressing room. While Rangers came into the game more, they never looked like scoring until that total cunt did it again. How many big games is he going to cost us before MON realises he should never pull on a Celtic jersey again? The second goal Bobo got caught way up the park and Laursen while trying to cover for him connected with Novo and stumbled while crucially Novo didn't, and that total cunt made it very easy for him to finish.

While that total cunt's error swung the game only a fool would argue that we didn't deserve to lose. The midfield was non-existent, we were so static it was frightning and the days of just pumping it long to BBJ vs Rangers are now gone with Andrews and the big Greek lad.

MON had better take a look at his tactics because today when the long ball didn't work we had no plan B, simple as that.

P.S. Totally aside from the football game, the Ricksen incident was a disgrace, people should not be throwing objects. Having said that, IMHO I do not think Ricksen was hit at all. Watch it and you'll see what looks like a bottle-top fly past his head, which he sees, and then all of a sudden he starts holding the side of his head. There is no 'recoil' which I'm sorry you would definitely see if he'd been hit, and there wasn't a drop of blood at the time or at any time leading up to the end of the game - and he wasn't given treatment either. This "he got stitches" thing is a lie. While throwing objects, whether they hit someone or not, is not acceptable, neither is standing off the pitch in a Celtic corner of the ground and clapping the away support - he is inciting the Celtic fans and knew exactly what he was doing.

yes Celtic were beat by the better team:( ....

:roll: :applause: well done doug for another one:roll: :applause: ........as for the ricksen thing i hope they ban the idiot/s but as classic said why was he there for that long and yes he knew what he was doing inciting the celtic fans lets see if this is made a fuss of in the media as much as MON with Lennon at Ibrox i doubt it very much:roll: .

Couldn't disagree with any of that which CD said. Exactly what I said down to a word. Although I wouldn't blame Rab for the 2nd, that was a mixture of Lennon, Petrov and Laursen.

Midfield was non-existent, and as was said no Plan B. After 15 mins of the 2nd half, I said I'd take a draw with the game as Rangers where winning every 50-50 and passing the ball more. MO has to bring in more ball players against Rangers because the high ball to the big strikers only works so often.

Thought Bellamy did ok. Time to drop Petrov and/or Thompson and give them both a kick up the arse as they've been crap all season. I don't think Thompson has got near an 18-yard box on the corner and crossed the ball all season, it's the same thing 40 yards from goal, stops the ball and try's to pump in long balls to the strikers.

Rangers won due to 3 things, 1. More hungry, 2. Goalkeepers and 3. Change from their usual long ball to more passing, which MO refuses to attempt.

Oh and about the incidents, can't say I saw anything thrown at Thompson myself, but the Ricksen thing was terrible, however as usual his brain is in his arse, clapping the fans when in the corner of the Celtic fans and I didn't think anything hit him myself, but it was still out of order.

FD

Last edited:
backpage.jpg

Well, I retract what I said then, I genuinely thought he was at it as I still can't see anything skelp him on the video but can't really argue with that picture.

Can't remember the exact minute but it was when he went to take an inswinging corner with his left foot, over beside the Rangers fans. I've also now read that Ricksen's cut was from the incident involving him and Sutton outside Rangers penalty area, when both were on the ground and kicking out at each other - someone is saying the camera pans and you can see Ricksen's cut at that point, before the other incident happened. Maybe you could have a look at that Foxy, I can't remember.

Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers (Reserves)
------------------------------
sylla 39,
fernandez 72,
juninho,80
-----------------------------
I watched the reserve game last night not bad ok so celtic had the stonger team but it showed and Namouchi's red card tackle was a disgrace wee O'Dea was in agony after his 2 footed leg braker:roll: ,Marshall saved a penelty and was not bothered too much, all in all an easy win for them.

They did not get an interview with the rangers players as they were still locked in the dressing room.:lol:

i see that C.Levein is supposed to be interested in big fumble.

Some supporters' groups were given a sneak peek at the new home kit.

Current Nike fare regarding collar, likewise the badge is centered and the Nike insignia is above it and to the left as you look at it from the front. Nike insignia is a white 'swoosh' on a green hoop. It has 6 unbroken hoops. No pics this is just the description given on various Celtic messageboards, and it is an official thing.

ClassicD said:
Some supporters' groups were given a sneak peek at the new home kit.

Current Nike fare regarding collar, likewise the badge is centered and the Nike insignia is above it and to the left as you look at it from the front. Nike insignia is a white 'swoosh' on a green hoop. It has 6 unbroken hoops. No pics this is just the description given on various Celtic messageboards, and it is an official thing.

Sounds tasty :D

Should be an interesting week in the Championship.

Rangers away to Hearts and then at the weekend Celtic away to Hibs. Could have a big bearing on the title.

Good performance in the 2nd half by Celtic against Clyde and I'm happy with the draw, hopefully we'll overcome Hearts (no doubt at Hampden) and I'm hoping Hibs win through as it should make for an entertaining cup final.

FD

biggertam said:
Classic are we still with carling for next season as i heard that we are supposed to be getting a new sponser.

I heard a whisper from a reliable source that Nike don't want Carling as the sponsor and that Budweiser is being lined up.

If Budweiser become the sponsors of Celtic, I will no longer support them.

Why? It's one alcohol manufacturer for another, and in fact I'm pretty sure Carling is just a UK branch of one of the big US beer makers anyway.

ClassicD said:
Why? It's one alcohol manufacturer for another, and in fact I'm pretty sure Carling is just a UK branch of one of the big US beer makers anyway.

I'm in a state of disbelief. US beer is the wrost beer in the world, how you could possibly support a team associated and sponsored by Budweiser is impossible for me to comprehend. You may as well have Celtic relocated to Boston or someother American shithole town. I will say it again if Budweiser become the sponsor, I will no longer support Celtic. :ele:

Excellent performance by the pat and mick on Sunday. :)

Bellamy was absolute dynamite in the 2nd half, his bits of showboating, whilst annoying for others was excellent. It's not as if he was trying stupid things which weren't working, as everything came off for him. Funny to see everyone going off at him because of this, whilst if someone else did it from another country it would be how great it was to watch.

Bonus, with Rangers slipping up, give's us the edge.

FD

Yeah they played well and with Rangers slip its up to us now to win our games in hand and get back on top....

more :( rumours about MON's future he has been linked with Man City as a replacement for KK:roll:

Back
Top Bottom