Celtic Thread

If the Bellamy thing goes through, I want this song copyrighted. It's mine.

'There's only one Craig Bellamy
There's only one Craig Bellamy
He called Souness a Dick
Then Joined the Tic
Walking in a Bellamy Wonderland'.

:lol:

FD

It's great that Celtic have tied Bobo up, although he has his moments he is still good especially in the SPL. If he had left, I would've been disappointed but I don't think it would have made a major difference to the squad in general.

With two new additions I think we're in a good position. And hopefully we might get a chance to see Juninho more, although maybe the Bellamy thing will further shift him out. I'm wondering if McGeady will be sacrificed? I've always said from day one from this Juninho thing that if this issue that has seemed to have developed between the two does not have anything to do with McGeady keeping him out. McGeady is being used in my opinion to sicken Juninho and if we didn't have Juninho, McGeady wouldn't be playing as often. I saw it with Lubo and tbh McGeady isn't in the same class as him.

I full expect McGeady to be on the subs bench in the coming weeks.

FD

You think MON is intentionally putting McGeady in to spite Juninho? MON trying to "sicken" a player, nah I don't think so at all. Think you're way wide of the mark there. Juninho has had chances and hasn't done it, pushed off the ball far too easily, trying too hard, etc. Not just an SPL thing either, he had a chance against Barcelona and Donetsk in the CL and was anonymous in both also. McGeady deserved to keep his place in the team when he broke in, due to his good performances. He has dropped in the last 3/4 games and this will make it quite easy for MON to drop him now, I was of the opinion he needed a spell out of the team before we signed Bellamy anyway.

So I fully expect McGeady to be on the bench too, but I think it's the right thing to do.

yip i think that Juninho has blown his chances at Celtic MON has givin him plenty of chances and he has failed to deliver even if McGeady is put back on the bench i doubt i will be for long he will still get games as MON has said before it dont matter if ur a big name only he will decide who goes into the team.

Hmmmm, well I disagree (obviously :) ). Juninho has only had 13 starts and in a half of them he's been either better or just on the level as the rest of the team i.e. Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers (CIS), Aberdeen. Not even going to count 8 sub appearances as they would probably amount to about hour at best of a game.

It's okay mentioning about Donetsk, however they where all shit to be honest as likewise against Barcelona until Sutton changed the game. Actually during Celtic's mini-slump Juninho didn't even feature in the team so not like both coincided with each other.

I still think an incident has happened and MO will not play him unless totally critical that he must play. McGeady has still been classed as 'astonishingly brilliant' upto now, so I've not heard MO actually say anything about McGeady not playing well recently. This could also apply to Thommo, however I think he's getting gradually better, although he must play on the left as he's miles better all-round than McGeady in what purpose he serves to the team. I'm sure young Aiden will be a blinder of a player in the future, but still think he's been used. IMO.

FD

Wouldn't agree he's been even been as good as the rest of the team in the games he's played, bar his debut vs Rangers and the Motherwell away game. We'll just leave it at that cos I think you're nuts. :)

Thommo looked a bit better 1st half on Sunday, as he was used wide-left and put over some nice crosses early on. Hopefully MON will continue to play him there now.

Seen that video, actually makes me cringe a wee bit. I like these ones better.

hi did anyone see the teletext where the birmingham owner david sullivan said that and i quote ( david sullivan admits he was surprised craig bellamy chose to join celtic instead of the blues but is keen to revive the deal in the summer) he then when on to say and here we go the english is better thing again right he said ( he obviously feels celtic suit him better but they play in a poor league and are out of europe but once he has tasted life in scotland he may decide to come and play for us) yes of course he will now quiz time when was the last time birmingham where in the the champions leauge eh i dont right so he will go down to the best leauge in the world no he will not and if he dose it will not be with them i know we dont play in the best leauge in the world but come on my good how up them self are the english

Last edited by a moderator:
Bellamy, come play for Birmingham because you'll get to play in the oh so wonderful EPL and have no chance at any trophys or medals...

Or...

Bellamy, continue to play for Celtic where you can play in the Champions League, win 2 or 3 trophies every year and have 60,000 people watch you play and chant your name...

What would you choose?

Last edited:
To be honest I can't see Celtic pay the money for him, unless MO makes some sort of demand to the board.

It'll then be down to whether he wants to play in a poorer league, although with more chance of some European soccer. Seems his chance of returning to Newcastle has dwindled, therfore it'll possibly be a lower team that would want his signature. One of the good things is that he's only 25, therefore he could stick around for maybe 2-3 years and then head back down south.

However we'll see, looking forward to watching him against Humfy-Dumfy.

FD

Good score for the Pat and Mick yesterday.

Team played well in general and McGeady was back in a bit better form, also Wallace and Juninho linked up well with each other (including McGeady) and showed some nice passing movements.

Varga I thought was MOM, although BBJ played well. Was also impressed with Henchoz, even though he was kinda played out of position. He was puffing and panting a bit, but that was understandable.

Thought Petrov played well, but think we should give him a rest next week for the old firm game, I'd also let Jackie rest up again.

FD

hi did any one see the paper as bobo balde said that the reason he stayed at celtic is that he seen the epl as a great offer but did not want to take a step down by joining a smaller club like midbourgh or birmingham hahaahahahahahahahahahaah

:roll: just fan-bloody-tastic we go into the old frim game with Rangers on top because of the called off game at ITC. Lennon is to talk about a new contract in the week ahead and Agathe is out till the end of March with a groin injury.

Still confident we'll win, can see us winning 2-1 with Sutton, Hartson and Buffel with a consolation.

Pity about the Caley game, was looking forward to seeing Bellamy play.

FD

It is real, he was on Jo Whiley show on Radio 1 the past few days and she asked him about it, said he was "representin the Scottish" and a friend had given it to him. You can hear it in the first 30 seconds here. :mrgreen:

ClassicD said:
It is real, he was on Jo Whiley show on Radio 1 the past few days and she asked him about it, said he was "representin the Scottish" and a friend had given it to him. You can hear it in the first 30 seconds here. :mrgreen:

LOL!!

it'll be from when they did a gig up there years ago, they we're shocked just how up for it the scots we're/are...

Quality!

For god sake Foxy, any need for that. :shock:

Yeah, actually in between you posting someone did say it was in the paper. \\:o/

FD

Don't think that's foxy Frank.

Anyone see the news, they were askin pundits and ex-players what they thought the score would be? Tommy Gemmell said "I think it'll be one each - one for Hartson, Sutton, Bellamy and Petrov". :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom