Celtic Thread

YES!!!

Finally a point on our travels in the Champions League, and it came at the home of probably the best club team in world football! Outstanding defensive play from the bhoys! Shakhtar also lost heavily so we now just need to do better than them in the final match to get 3rd place.

yip they did well ...............i was watchin the game up in ma cuz uncles i think the commentators wanted celtic to get beat every 2sec in the last 15 min it was ''Celtic lost late goals in thier CL games in the past'' or somthin like that but it was constant.

i noticed the biscuit tin brigade were at the game the night.

as for the offside shout i was never from when the ball is played hartson is onside.

MON got it in 1 ''Celtic have carried Scottish football in Europe the past few years'' take that MR MURRAY.

great result for you guys tonite
barca are in great form (including THAT demolition of madrid) so Celtic have done fantastic to get a point of them away aswell!

nice to see big John scoring aswell :D

I honestly thought that Barca would trash Celtic...
Great result...congratulations...

Slightly off topic (but talking about Larsson will never be off topic in a Celtic thread i think...).
Earlier this year there was a thread about Larsson on this forum. Lots of (English???) people said that Larsson was not good enough to play in a "big" competition... This week Larsson had a serious injury. Nevertheless the best club in the strongest league immediately proposed him a new contract...a great tribute from a big club to a giant of football...

I think he was just offside tam, it all depends on the Varga touch - if Varga doesn't touch the ball then he is onside, and I think this is the little bit of luck we were due in the CL because he clearly flicks it on but the far-side linesman cannot see this and thinks the ball has just come straight through, hence the flag stayed down.

That is apparently the first time Barcelona have failed to win at the Nou Camp in 7 months, last time anyone held them was Vilarreal with a 0-0. Guess who held them the week before that, yep, us - twice now in about 8 months we have shut out Barca at their own ground.

Fantastic effort.

btw Rijkaard has a cheek to say Celtic play anti-football, maybe if you gave MON half of the £40,000,000 you get to spend in the summer Frank we would attack you a bit more...

Yes Gerd I noticed that, very good gesture though anyone who doubted Larsson was an idiot in the first place.

So the SFA have upheld Thomo's red card ..he will miss the Dundee game ...fair enough but not taking any action against Lovenkrands is just sendin out a message its ok to act like u have been shot..................

and the SFA surely must ban Novo but knowing them they will prob just fine him and then he will take them out for a drink.

Think the Thompson one is a terrible decision, and Novo AGAIN kicked out last night and got away with it. Big Feck described it as "hanging a leg in the air", dunno what he was watching, it was a bloody kick! Then he tries to play it down saying Novo was on the receiving end of bad tackles, what is this guy on? :eh:

Had to laugh at Gerry McNee on the news tonight, who called Celtic's performance on Wednesday "embarrassing". Gerry would rather we went there and attacked but lost 10-0. :roll:

Good game there with Celtic. THe first half was very exciting.

That McGeady is quite a player!! Shevchenko failed to play well as Celtic were pressuring like hell all game. Milan started off with some very nice passes, and Serginho's crossbar.

Imo Maldini, Nesta and Costacurta locked out your attack, Coloccini was being beat by McGeady, but wasnt too bad overall. Dhorasoo was also very quick in the midfield.

Nhae luck bhoys.

A part of me wanted you to go into the UEFA Cup so that we'd both have the same number of games but now you can concentrate on the domestic game.

Yeah McGeady was our best player, unless we strengthen our team so they can have a real crack at the CL in future, I think he's sure to leave for a club who can. Milan defended well, can't argue with their performance and they deserved to leave with a point for that display, apart from Hartson in the first-half we never created a clear chance.

Disappointed in Barcelona dropping Etoo, Ronaldinho and Deco, but I guess they have earned that right so we can't really blame them. Watching the highlights Shakhtar could have had 5 or 6, Barca were shocking.

Coming back to us, MON spelled it out clear as day at the end, "money talks" was the exact phrase he used.

I think Celtic just lacked the final touch, Larsson was a good finisher. Hartson is good at using his physical strength, but hes not the kind of player that can easily finish.

:( so were out of europe both teams did well we only have ourselfs to blame for going out of europe this season but as in other games as in tonights game i think the refs have been very poor.

McGeady done very well i was anoyed they did not use him enough, as for the Barca game ??:roll:

The board must give MON money to spend for new players they paid for not spending half decent money this year and could get worse (loosing the title).

Yep he was poor, for example how Lennon stayed on is beyond me, clear booking for that tackle which would have seen him sent off - but then, the ref books Camara for a complete nothing incident later on when he tugs Dhorasoo a tiny bit. :eh:

m kind of disappointed and not in a way, as Foxy mentioned now MO and the Celtic team must concentrate solely on the league and cup.

Definetely need to strenghten, however time the likes of Thompson and Petrov are rested, once again another poor display from them. I agree Lennon could have been sent off, however it would've been very harsh after 1 tackle and especially for what he got booked for, I'm sorry but players like Puyol do that everytime a player goes near them.

As for going out, I think we where just very unlucky, we faced a team last night who where totally professional and had pride about them (as all Italian teams usually are) and came with a powerful team, whereas Barca are starting to believe the hype and didn't care less. I guess we where unlucky as if the Barca vs home was instead of Milan, then it probably would have turned out better as we would've faced a poorer quality Barca side.

FD

The silly season has started already, latest rumours:

Thomas Gravesen on a bosman
Scott Parker on loan
Karagounis on loan

I don't think we'll spend anything in January.

Hi kids me again and just been looking at the papers and on sky sports and oh my Rangers are going to sign two more players my my what a shock eh and also i seen the David Murry thing that he has only got 20 mill to pay off as he all ready under written 51 mil.

Did u hear the one about the celtic board giving cash to MON no, well i havn't either it's a joke what will have to happen to celtic before the board say oh i think we need to give our manger money i mean in the last 4 years that celtic have been in europe they have made about 35 mill and martin has seen virtualy none of it ok some ppl might say thats to pay for wages and stuff but i think martin will walk if no cash is there january.

I dont see how we cant spend money as for share holders we have the third richest in british football and u all know who i mean and for the board to say "if we where to need money off share holders we would need to justfiy that the money is well spent" i mean what is that, an excuse not to spend of course it would be justified by saying what they are saying looks as if they dont trust MON in spending any money.

As i say need to spend money to make money and do u all remember what they said at the agm we are still wanting to go the english prem thats not going to happen never in a millon years anyway the end of this is that if the board dont give MON money then all i can see happening is him going the team breaking up and celtic going in and out of europe like a yo-yo we are going backwards.

Last edited:
Guess Celtic where never going to spend money anyway to attract someone like him. Pity, as I think he would've been a great player for us.

Not sure about Iuliano. Also noticed Pellegrino is out of contract shortly, wouldn't mind him, although think he's around 33, 34, so not sure if his lack of pace might be an issue, especially if Bobo goes, although if he was in a decent wage would do a job for a season or two I think.
FD

What's the betting no-one is signed for us for the coming end half of the season. I honestly feel that the squad is still strong enough to win the league and beat Rangers in the cup, but this is the common thing now. Probably the board are trying to win things with minimum outlay. Guess we'll get the 'we had to pay out a lot of money to hold on to current stars' malarky.

Good to see the Media are upto their usual tricks, trying to unsettle one of our players days before a big cup game, they never fail.

FD

I agree FD!

We gonna have to do it soner or later with too many players at the wrong age. Varga, McNamara, Lennon, Thompson, Agathe, Sutton, Hartson, Juninho.

I just don't understand how we cannot spend a wee bit of money. We are no were near in as much debt as Rangers but they can still pay 2.5 mill for a player.

I know it is only 6 days into the window but i am totally pissed at giving them money every year on season tickets, european and cup matches to get f/all back in return.

We are a struggling team this season and we need a couple of players!

Back
Top Bottom