Celtic Thread

LOL :roll: He's going... He's staying...He's going

Celtic have held talks to sign Juniniho and have said the talks went well with only 1 minor sticking point.

CELTIC 3 - 1 CALEY TH

didnt see the game so cant comment much on it but another win good enough for me.

but worrying for us is we might be missing Sutton,McNamara,Beattie for the Old Firm game.

found this pic on http://timzonline.cjb.net/

nice site for Celtic fans u can play games in the arcade bit as well.

CrashHelmetsready1.jpg

im gettin a feeling im talkin to myself :( anyway.

Juninho signs for Celtic

Brazilian midfielder Juninho has signed for Celtic from Middlesbrough,
Details of any transfer fee and the length of contract are likely to be disclosed as the 31-year-old is paraded at Celtic Park on Wednesday.

The player's agent, Jonathan Hassall, said: "I believe that everything's sorted now and I would have thought he'd be up tomorrow now.

"I can say that it's all sorted anyway now at the Middlesbrough end."

Juninho could make his debut for the Scottish champions against Rangers on Sunday.

He last week passed a medical with Celtic, with his agent suggesting that he wanted to play the rest of his career in Glasgow, and he has now negotiated a severance agreement with Boro for the remainder of his contract.

Celtic manager Martin O'Neill had said: "All I know is that playing in the Champions League and in front of 60,000 people every fortnight is definitely a big attraction to someone of that calibre."

O'Neill is hoping that Juninho will not be his only new signing ahead of the European signing deadline.

It's always sad to see a good player go especially when they play for the shirt

"We are trying to get better quality players in and that takes a wee bit longer," he said. "I have an open mind on this.

"I am obviously looking around at a few other options as well and it's difficult to see how far any of those things have progressed, but we are still in pursuit of players."

Juninho made his mind up to leave Boro after being left out of the squad for the meeting with Newcastle United last weekend.

His move to Celtic Park should end Charles-Edouard Coridon's hopes of winning a £1.5m transfer from Lens as they play a similar attacking role in midfield.

PETTA AND FERNANDEZ ON MOVE
Celtic midfielder Bobby Petta has moved to Leeds United on trial, with David Fernandez also attracting interest from other clubs.
The 30-year-old Petta has not played for Celtic for more than a year and was on loan to Fulham last season.

Dundee United have inquired about forward Fernandez, who was on loan to Livingston last season and has also been linked with Dunfermline Athletic.

Don't worry Tam I'll talk to you :mrgreen:.

Juninho is expected to be paraded today, but until I see confirmation on the club's webshite or from a press conference, I refuse to believe these stories as they don't confirm he has signed, if you read the quotes. It's been "it should be done tomorrow" for the past week, so I hope you understand my reluctance to celebrate it just yet.

Also heard a rumour that there could be a work-permit problem, due to him not playing in at least 75% of Brasil's internationals in the past 2 years. I know he had one at Boro, but apparently you must always apply for a new one when you change job/club.

Hope Leeds take Petta, that's an extra £17,000 a week off the wage bill, whereas Fernandez just isn't cut out for a club like Celtic.

As far as we know at our end he's gone. As for the work permit i think he's got a portuguese passport now although i could be wrong. Anyway best of luck too the little fella and i hope we dont have to play you in a competitive game anytime soon as we've got a record of ex-players scoring past us.

Juninho has signed a 2year deal!

Finally the waiting is over.

I also heard that Saviola will join on loan for the season as part of the rumoured link up between Celtic-Barca!!

ainslm said:
Juninho has signed a 2year deal!

Finally the waiting is over.

I also heard that Saviola will join on loan for the season as part of the rumoured link up between Celtic-Barca!!

cant see that happening as i believe you are only allowed 1 loan player per club and we already have camera

ainslm said:
Whoever told you that is full of shit because Chas is correct, you are only allowed one player on loan per season.

Juninho - What a signing. I mean, he aint that old, he has played for some quality clubs, and he wouln`t even make the Newcastle starting eleven!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! :D

ninjabreakz said:
Juninho - What a signing. I mean, he aint that old, he has played for some quality clubs, and he wouln`t even make the Newcastle starting eleven!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! :D
We shall see how he does, can't really do much worse than your World Cup winner can he, super Kleberson!

btw how was qualifying for the CL?

ClassicD said:
ninjabreakz said:
We shall see how he does, can't really do much worse than your World Cup winner can he, super Kleberson!

btw how was qualifying for the CL?

Being a United supporter, I am used to watching my team in the Champions league. Hopefully we will draw Celtic, so they can play against a "proper" club, instead some shoddy team like Hibernian (Ooooh the SPL is amazing) and as for Kleberson (a) He has been injured and (b) He aint exactly a 1st team player, unlike Juninho will be - the Brazilian would never get into the United team.

Celtic have been in the CL 3 out the past 4 seasons, not bad for a shoddy SPL club. Juninho wouldn't get in the Man Utd side? You're playing Bellion who quite frankly couldn't hit a barn door, and Liam Miller who was a bit-part player for Celtic last season. Kleberson might have been injured, but he's more than likely been busy with his 16 year old (or is it 15) fiance...

ninjabreakz said:
Yeah, the European team that beat Arsenal was Chelsea! LMAO Don`t even compare the SPL to the EPL - its a shambolic, farce of a league and the only reason you don`t want Rangers and Celtic to join our league is because you wouldn`t be guaranteed Champions League football every year, because the opposition is better.

I thought Inter whipped their arse at Highbury, must have imagined that one :roll:.

I'm not comparing the SPL to the EPL, it's obvious which league has the higher overall standard, and only a complete idiot would think that's what I was doing, so I'll make it a little clearer for you - perhaps you should take a look at how your teams have done in Europe lately compared to other nations before you start getting all high and mighty. The Portuguese 1st Division is a footballing holy-ground is it? Well they produced a team which beat your side, amongst many other top sides, so don't be so quick to slate a league because of it's perceived standard.

And who said we don't want to join? You really know nothing, both Celtic and Rangers do want to join, it's the EPL clubs who are shiting themselves over the matter because 2 of them would have to be papped out to make room, and both Celtic and Rangers have far larger support than most of the Premiership. Why wouldn't Celtic or Rangers want to join, year after year we watch teams like Spurs or Liverpool spend tens of millions of pounds and get nowhere, while we struggle by on a pittence.

Some interesting points, ClassicD. But I still think your making excuses. I can`t stand Scottish football, full-stop. Its shite, there is no argument for me personally. I mean, do you actually look forward to the weekend, thinking "Ooooh big game this Saturday, its Partick Thistle away." I mean, come on. The Celtic-Rangers hate thing is tedious and boring now. Alright, you both hail from Glasgow, but you bloody play each other 10 times a season - derby games are just routine in Scotland. Also, can anyone tell me why Prso left Monaco for Rangers? Does he need his head testing?
Oh, as for Bellion not being able to hit a barn post, well, he slotted one away last night, not bad for a right-winger. Look at our strike force - Van Nistlerooy, Smith, Saha, Bellion, Solskjaer, maybe Rooney. Not bad. I suppose you have that Welsh donkey, Hartson, he is world class (not).

ninjabreakz said:
But I still think your making excuses.

Excuses for what?

ninjabreakz said:
I can`t stand Scottish football, full-stop. Its shite, there is no argument for me personally. I mean, do you actually look forward to the weekend, thinking "Ooooh big game this Saturday, its Partick Thistle away." I mean, come on.

Well spank my arse and call me Charlie - I would never have guessed you have an agenda against the SPL, what with your constant slagging and all. Like I mentioned, do you think Porto, Benfica and Sporting look forward to trips to Belenenses, Gil Vicente, Maritimo, or Vitoria Guimaraes? You completely ignored the point I made :roll:.

ninjabreakz said:
The Celtic-Rangers hate thing is tedious and boring now. Alright, you both hail from Glasgow, but you bloody play each other 10 times a season - derby games are just routine in Scotland.

The league format means we play each other a minimum of four times, and with us being the strongest two clubs in the country there is a great chance that we also meet in both domestic cups. Not for one minute would I think about changing the league to double the size and therefore only playing each team twice, I'd do it instantly but the people who run our game are idiots. The Old Firm derby is tedious? Perhaps to you, because you hate Scottish football, so your opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Manchester United vs Man City doesn't exactly send shivers down the spine, and if you want tedious try the 'tri-derby' of Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough, or the fuckknowshowmany-derby of the London clubs. You don't know the meaning of the word derby.

ninjabreakz said:
Also, can anyone tell me why Prso left Monaco for Rangers?

Because David Murray took him on his private jet and told him Rangers would make the CL, and gave him loads of money :lol:. He wasn't first-choice at Monaco, Giuly and Morientes were, and if Shabani Nonda had been fit he'd have been behind him as well IMO. Prso doesn't have a good goalscoring record at all actually, how many people would have noticed him had he not scored 4 goals against Deportivo in that freak match?

ninjabreakz said:
Oh, as for Bellion not being able to hit a barn post, well, he slotted one away last night, not bad for a right-winger.

Against the might of Dinamo Bucharest. And you have the cheek to slag the SPL...

ninjabreakz said:
Look at our strike force - Van Nistlerooy, Smith, Saha, Bellion, Solskjaer, maybe Rooney. Not bad. I suppose you have that Welsh donkey, Hartson, he is world class (not).
Yeah, that's all well and good, if they aren't a bunch of crocks. Solskjaer is finished. Bellion is shite striker, van Nistelrooy, Saha and Smith are good though. Rooney is vastly overrated IMO, Baros scored more than him in Euro 2004 but I doubt he'd fetch anywhere near around £24m, but then that's the English press for you...

Listen, when he can do it over a season I'll be more open to accepting the 'general consensus' that he is the best young player in Europe - scoring 4 goals in one tournament does not make you this.

You don't know the meaning of the word derby.

What crap. I have been to some fantastic Manchester derby`s, at Old Trafford, the old Maine Road, and the new City of Manchester stadium, and witnessed some defeats and some great wins. But its only twice a season, so its special. Like the Rome derby, the Milan derby, the Liverpool derby`s, only twice a season. Four bloody times milks it - "Guess who we`ve got Saturday. Oh, its Rangers AGAIN for the 4th time. It beats playing Aberdeen I suppose, Rangers might actually give us a game" Everyone knows how shite the SPL is, except the Scottish. I am not dissing Celtic, they are a good team with a great manager - its just your league is SO BORING. The teams, the stadia, the players, the style of football, (the weather! ;) ) its all so farcical.

As for Rooney, I dont think he is the BEST young player in Europe, but I rate him very highly - he just needs better players around him (Come on, Everton arn`t exactly world-beaters) He has shown his spark and that he can score goals in the Euro`s, and for his club. Fergie will mould him into a fantastic finished article I`m sure. You are just a bitter Scot my friend.

ninjabreakz said:
What crap. I have been to some fantastic Manchester derby`s, at Old Trafford, the old Maine Road, and the new City of Manchester stadium, and witnessed some defeats and some great wins.

But it's such a dull derby, there is nowhere near the 'feeling' behind it that the Old Firm has got, it's a complete hatred up here. Not to mention our derby is contested by the two teams who are challenging for the league, your's is contested by teams who are at times, literally, 2 divisions apart. It doesn't bear near the importance.

ninjabreakz said:
But its only twice a season, so its special. Like the Rome derby, the Milan derby, the Liverpool derby`s, only twice a season.

All derbies are special, it doesn't matter how often they are played, it's a derby game and always brings up the same feelings of excitement.

ninjabreakz said:
Everyone knows how shite the SPL is, except the Scottish. I am not dissing Celtic, they are a good team with a great manager - its just your league is SO BORING. The teams, the stadia, the players, the style of football, (the weather! ;) ) its all so farcical.

You really are quite bitter about us Scots aren't you? We don't know that the SPL isn't a great league? That just reinforces the fact that you don't know the first fucking thing about Scottish football, of course we know. You're starting to build up quite a back catalogue of bullshit, after also saying Celtic and Rangers don't want to come to the Premiership. :roll:.

The stadia? Celtic Park and Ibrox are bigger than every Premiership ground bar Old Trafford and St. James' Park, and they're full every second week. Players? Well apart from Celtic and to a degree Rangers, of course the standard of player is going to be low if it's a poor league, that's basic fucking logic! The pressure up here is a different kind to the one in England. In England if you lose 2/3 games, you can always rely on your rival losing a similar amount. Up here you MUST win nearly every game or you fall way behind, because the quality of opposition isn't as high and the chances of your rival dropping points is very slim. I would rather have the Premiership's style of competition, but it's hardly an easy league up here.

ninjabreakz said:
As for Rooney, I dont think he is the BEST young player in Europe, but I rate him very highly - he just needs better players around him (Come on, Everton arn`t exactly world-beaters) He has shown his spark and that he can score goals in the Euro`s, and for his
club.

Are Southampton world-beaters? James Beattie didn't seem to do too badly. What about Man City? Anelka scored plenty. Rooney scored something like 7 goals in the Premiership last year, give me a break. The Premiership has 10x worse defenses than La Liga and Serie A, Rooney wouldn't kick his own arse there at the current moment.

ninjabreakz said:
You are just a bitter Scot my friend.

Bitter about what? That England have a better national team and league than Scotland? I've already told you only an idiot would even think about debating that fact, how many times do you want to show you're an idiot? I'm not bitter at all, the only result that matters to me is Celtic.

Lets just agree to disagree, ClassicD. I just hope we draw Celtic in the Champions League, and kick your butts like Rangers last season! :D

Aye, let's 'agree to disagree'. I come up with cold hard facts and you call it a draw. I don't think there's a more appropriate place for the phrase 'kiss my arse'. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom