Celtic Thread

MON has blasted Marcio Amoroso's agents for claiming the Parkhead club had rekindled their interest in the Brazilian striker.

One of Amoroso's representatives, Jose Caldeirs claiming Celtic were prepared to resurrect the deal but O'Neill told celticfc.net: ''That is simply not true.

I just hope we sign a midfielder, a creative one at that...........we are crying out for one. Yakin saying he's interested in a move to Parkhead.........is anyone else pissed off with this continual link? MO must be the only person at Parkhead that doesn't want him.

I'm sure Beattie has always been at Celtic, he was linked with Spurs last year before he signed his contract.

FD

yip the continual link with Amoroso is getting anoying hopfully MON comments will draw a line under it but i dought it.

Yakin has said he is keen to move to Celtic were have we heard this before.

Swiss internationalist Hakan Yakin says he is keen on a move to Celtic after the former Basle midfielder was told he can leave current club Stuttgart.

he said '' I'd love to play in the Champion's Leauge and also very much like to play in Glasgow.''

''My time at Stuttgart is over as coach Matthias Sammer dose not count on me.''

Good performance last night and I was suprised how quick Camara settled into the game. Didn't look to short on confidence either. McGeady and McNamara where outstanding, whilst the two strikers where not in the game.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Good performance last night and I was suprised how quick Camara settled into the game. Didn't look to short on confidence either. McGeady and McNamara where outstanding, whilst the two strikers where not in the game.

FD

I dont know what it is with Camara, he could have scored a hatick against us last season but his finishing let him down, maybe playing with better service at your gaff he could be a suprise package this season.

Tbh mate, I'm not too keen on him. His shooting is erratic to say the least, I think he'll have us pulling out our hair in frustration. Hopefully I'll be wrong though. At least he gives us a bit of pace up front that is clearly lacking.

FD

Changing your mind about Camara then FD?

I know it was only 30 mins but he changed the game our way by opening up their defence!

Ya part timer FD!!

Nah, not changing my mind, he looked lively, but I still think he won't do the damage where it matters. I hope I'm wrong.

Btw, I haven't got a season ticket book now, had to give it up, getting married next May so something had to go. :(

FD

Sorry to hear about the book!!

Congrats on the wedding its time as well you made an honest women of your missus!! Mind the invite!!

Who has your book now then? and who is the contact for the away registration?

fd1972uk said:
Nah, not changing my mind, he looked lively, but I still think he won't do the damage where it matters. I hope I'm wrong.

Btw, I haven't got a season ticket book now, had to give it up, getting married next May so something had to go. :(

FD

well he may suprise you yet fella!

Married ey FD, this the first time round??

So you've had to knock ya season ticket on the head, thats bad, should have cut down on the booze instead you old piss head ;) :D

MON has confirmed that he is giving Lens midfielder Charles-Edouard Coridona trial at the club.

O'neill said '' Edouard's over on trial for a few days and, at the moment, that's all there is to say. ''

Celtic are trying to get international clearence for the 31-year-old to face Spurs next week.

Yep, getting hitched. Married in Rhodes next May. Ainslm - Fancy an invite still? :mrgreen: Think Davie and Karen are going to try and go. Not sure about the Away thing, although I'd assume it's single bookings now, so you'll be notified that way.

Vann - Can't do without my drink. :mrgreen: Although I'll hopefully get it in the future again.

Not sure about this French bloke, never heard of him. For £2mill I'd rather have Juninho or Yakin.

FD

Steve McLaren has confirmed that Celtic have held talks with Juninho i hope he decides to come..................Robbie Keane was seen at Celtic Park tonight.

biggertam said:
Steve McLaren has confirmed that Celtic have held talks with Juninho i hope he decides to come..................Robbie Keane was seen at Celtic Park tonight.

maybe because he's a celtic fan....just a wild stab in the dark :mrgreen:

CELTIC 2 - 0 MOTHERWELL

Celtic secured the three points during an impressive second half spell and Sutton slid in to score the decisive goal from Alan Thompson's cross.

McNamara put Celtic in front after eight minutes with a fierce drive.

But there was bad news for the home side as Stilian Petrov was stretchered off with an ankle injury late on.

The match was preceded by the unfurling of SPL champions flags and a minute's silence for Celtic and Northern Ireland legend Bertie Peacock who died recently.

Celtic found the net first through an unlikely source after Motherwell dithered in defence in their own box and the ball found its way to Celtic skipper McNamara who hammered the ball across the face of Gordon Marshall in the Motherwell goal.

Martin O'Neill opted for Hartson and Sutton in attack and gave young Aiden McGeady a start on the right of midfield leaving new signing Henri Camara to warm the bench alongside Stephen Pearson.

Despite a capacity 60,000 crowd inside Celtic Park, the match was played out amid a subdued atmosphere as both sides suffered in the hot weather.

The home side had the best of the first half exchanges after taking the early lead, but Hartson spurned an early chance in the 12th minute as he sliced an attempted volley from a Sutton cross-field ball.

Motherwell failed to create many chances, but Alex Burns spurned one of their best opportunities when he headed over the bar in the 34th minute.

The visiting side ended the first half with a narrow escape after defender Shaun Fagan cleared a Sutton header off the line following a McGeady corner.

Celtic started the second half brightly, but John Hartson was again at fault when he wasted an excellent shooting chance on the edge of the box, preferring to pass the ball rather than go for goal.

The second goal arrived in the 55th minute after Sutton slid onto the end of Thompson's cross from a couple of yards out.

The game could have been over for Motherwell two minutes later after Sutton found himself bearing down on goal, but the English striker pushed a shot inches wide of Marshall's right-hand post with the goalkeeper beaten.

The final third of the game saw numerous subsitutions on both sides, with Camara making his SPL debut in the 66th minute in place of an exhausted Hartson.

The Senegal forward offered some flashes of skill, but failed to impose himself on the game after his last-minute winner against Newcastle in last week's friendly.

The game ended in worry for O'Neill as Petrov, who had looked impressive throughout, left the field on a stretcher with an ankle injury.

(Petrovs injury was only a twisted ankle..not too bad)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic: Marshall, McNamara, Varga, Valgaeren, Agathe, McGeady (Pearson 74), Lennon, Petrov (Sylla 88), Thompson, Hartson (Camara 67), Sutton. Subs Not Used: Hedman, Laursen, Wallace, Beattie.

Goals: McNamara 8, Sutton 55.

Motherwell: Marshall, Corrigan, Kinniburgh, Craigan, Hammell, O'Donnell, Leitch, Fagan (Fitzpatrick 71), Paterson, Burns (Foran 60), Clarkson (Scott McDonald 60). Subs Not Used: Corr, Partridge, Cowan, Keogh.

Att: 57,245

Ref: K Clark

i think we are foxy i think this season will be the last with umbro im hoping we get adidas but we will prob get adiadorra or somthing like that in the end we will go for the ones that give the best deal.

Wasn't the best game, however they got the job done. Thought the defense played very well. Varga for me was MOM.

Defo need a playmaking midfielder, especially if Sutton and Hartson will start up front, not too much movement and a bit predictable. Although watching Rangers on Saturday, our midfield is still streets ahead of them with or without a playmaker.

FD

CELTIC 2 - 0 TOTTENHAM

Charles-Edouard Coridon played the full 90 minutes as a trialist for Celtic in the 2-0 win over Tottenham.
The 31-year-old Frenchman is hoping to secure a £1.5m transfer from Lens but had a quiet game in midfield.

Craig Beattie and Henri Camara were on target with second half goals.

ainslm said:
Juninho has apparently snubbed us!

here we go again!!

according to the etims forum he hasnt snubbed us, he says he will wait and see if he plays tomorrow and then decide

chas said:
according to the etims forum he hasnt snubbed us

According to who? :lmao:

Oh you mean the ever reliable etims forum. :roll:

:lol:

He's said on Sky Sports News that he wants to stay and fight for a place at the Riverside.

foxtrot said:
chas said:
according to the etims forum he hasnt snubbed us

According to who? :lmao:

Oh you mean the ever reliable etims forum. :roll:

:lol:

He's said on Sky Sports News that he wants to stay and fight for a place at the Riverside.

if he wants to stay and play in the reserves then good luck to him, would have liked to see him in the hoops but if he doesnt want to come what else can we do

Back
Top Bottom