Celtic Thread

Hakin Yakin is going to Galatasary, actually I don't even know if he's already signed. For peanuts I believe.

FD

It's sounding increasingly likely that they're signing that muppet from Wolves. For £1.7 for one season and probably near another £1m wages on top of that, MO must need his fucking head looked at if he signs him for this.

FD

Maybe tho that's a down payment on a transfer fee of maybe another £2m if we want to buy him after the years loan!

The riquelme rumour also fails to go away!

Celtic's defence in the Chelsea game was terrible....and as for liking us with more players i cant be bothered with it now, as far as im concerned we will be starting the season with the players that we have now.

What a humping 5-1, thankfully I've not saw it and don't intend to. I still don't care if Beattie scores a hat-trick in each of the next couple of games, he isn't good enough. He gives his all and runs like a.............chicken with no head, but when you play in the likes of the CL you need a bit more than blood and guts.

If it all goes pear-shaped this season, I do think the board will see a major revolt against them this time.

Camara deal is a disgrace if it goes through. He's an arsehole and a not very good arsehole of a player at that.

FD

Also the Amoruso thing has resurfaced! Kanu also linked.

But i agree, we will probably sign a couple of diddies before the season starts.

Can't comment on Camara as i haven't seen him enough.

Just back from Sunny beach in bulgaria were i met Stan the man!!!

Did you get pics of him? Cool. Hope you told him he's shite. :mrgreen: (Seriously, what are we gonna do if he gets an injury...........relegation?). :mrgreen:

FD

5-1 :roll: :x ok its only a friendly ...but this is what will happen to us in the champions leauge...... with the most of europes big clubs adding more strength we are in **** street.

next hammering........ Man U :l

Try to calm down - my gut reaction this morning when I turned on the TV, considering I'd went to bed when it was 2-0 after 19 mins, was "It'll have been a humping, but I hope they fought back". I was raging that we'd shipped 5 goals, that's 9 in 2 games, but if you stand back and look at the situation:

1. We played half a team, and some of the good half are recovering from injury (Hartson, Thompson).

2. We've not had our manager with us for the tour, and boy is it showing.

3. We've played against 2 teams with new bosses, who are trying to find their best sides and as a result are fielding very strong teams.

Of course, there is no way we should be getting hammered like this. That Liverpool team is practically identical to the one that couldn't beat us in either UEFA Cup game two years ago, bar Cisse and Kewell.

Unfortunately the problem is our squad is threadbare, and there's around 1 month till the Champions' League window closes for the Group Phase. Our reserves simply aren't ready to play at that level.

I heard that it's been reported on two radio stations this morning that Camara will sign on loan this afternoon. I don't know what I make of this, I would have said no at the end of last season, but the way our team is looking just now I would take a chance on him.

FD: Me and the wee man got a phot taken with him and i put the whole world on his shoulders by telling him he was the main man noe=w that Henke is gone!! Surprisingly he just laughed.

biggertam said:
next hammering........ Man U :l

Well we aren't playing our full team. It will probably be a team similar to the Bayern game with the exception of maybe Brown and Giggs back into the team.

You might have a chance.

Apparently tomorrow's Daily Retard has broken Celtic crests and the words 'CELTS IN CRISIS' all over the back 4 pages. This is a paper which did not once print anything remotely like this about Rangers last year, despite them being in total disarray for majority of the season, as well as having the debt of a small third world country. Celtic lose 2 meaningless pre-season friendlies with near reserve teams and they're in crisis.

Do not buy this filthy rag. :roll:

New Celtic home kit out on September 10th apparently. It looks like Umbro aren't going to be given the next contract (runs out next year), and this is them trying to squeeze the last bit they can out of the current deal by releasing a new top.

Basically, the current hoops only lasted a year, and the new ones will only last a year as well because it looks like Umbro won't be making them from next year.

ClassicD said:
'CELTS IN CRISIS'

yip seen it in the newsagents broken crest and all :roll:

ClassicD said:
New Celtic home kit out on September 10th apparently. It looks like Umbro aren't going to be given the next contract (runs out next year),

no way ..money grabin ********......wonder who the new kit makers will be .....what do u guys think ?... im hoping for adidas ...but we will prob..get adiadorra :roll: or something like that.

crackedrecord.jpg

NEWSPAPER IN CRISIS

Just been on the radio that apparently Henri Camara will be at Celtic Park tomorrow to finalise terms and undergo a medical. A year-long loan with the option to buy at the end.

I know it's not what we were aiming for, but let's give the guy a chance and not write him off before he's even played a game. Larsson was not box-office when we signed him, and of course proceeded to gift Hibs victory on his debut then score an OG the following week ;).

It's a start.

Nice pic EssDub. 5 pages in todays Record featured the words 'Celtic In Crisis.'
2 pages were dedicated to Rangers, mainly about Prso's new love for Glasgow and his warning not to under-estimate Celtic despite their poor pre-season results.

I gave in to Setanta today and purchased Rangers TV. Another £60 out my wallet. Here's the funny bit... I get Celtic TV at no extra cost! :lol:

So any goals in tonights match against Man Utd, I'll record and stick 'em in here.

Are you sure Foxy? I got Celtic TV, but didn't know I'd get that too?

The Camara signing is a joke, £2.5m+ for a loan season deal that could turn out shite, waste of money, I'd rather do without.

I might get a bit kick in the teeth, but he'll be a squib. And I don't mean scoring goals against the muck in Scotland (with the exception of 1 or 2 teams), I mean against European Teams.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Are you sure Foxy? I got Celtic TV, but didn't know I'd get that too?

That's what the woman on the phone said. I checked earlier and she was right. I could see Celtic TV, they were showing an old Old Firm game.

foxtrot_yankee said:
I could see Celtic TV, they were showing an old Old Firm game.
And which game was that?

"Larsson, oh, he might be in here you know...HENRIK LARSSSSSSSOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! That...Is...Magnificent!!!"

"an old firm game", LOL! DEMOLITION DERBY!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom