Celtic Thread

Earnshaw is a cracking little player, full of pace and an eye for goal, thought he'd be right up your alley fd?

He does mate, but £3million........I don't think so.

If Celtic want to spend millions on a quick player, then one of your players will do nicely........Robbie Keane. :mrgreen: :twisted:

FD

lol, i think you'd have to pay slightly more than three mill for keano, but good luck anyways ;)

:mrgreen: hehe.......yeah probably around double that, but I'd rather they do that than pay £3 mill for Earnie.

FD

i see that amoroso agent has taken a swipe a Celtic after they failed to reply to his messages.

''I sent three or four faxes to Martin O'Neill, but no one got back to me''

Amoroso is training with Birmingham City now and Baldo added ''We waited forever for Celtic but they took too long. If they want to act like a big club they must change that behaviour.''

i can see his point if Celtic are not interested in him then says so and move on u cant just muck players around like this it just gives the club a bad name when dealing with players in this way.

I would have liked him too, but the same agent said when the story first broke that he'd been asked to go on the US tour if he wanted and it was being considered, so why is he now so pissed off that no contract has been offered yet? It was him that broke the US tour story and he seemed fine with it at the time :eh:...

You can probably forget it now, he's burned his bridges in the press it seems.

Well it's not looking good at all in terms of new signings, and I am fully expecting the transfer window to close without a single new player joining. Having previously thought we needed anywhere from 4-6 GOOD signings to progress in Europe, it looks like we're going backward as last year's team wasn't good enough and now it's missing Henke and Miller (who like it or not was instrumental against Lyon and Anderlecht at home last year). We've also lost depth with Maloney and Kennedy being out for a while.

My team for this year would be:

----------------Marshall----------------
----Agathe--Bobo--Varga--Jackie--
McGeady--Lennon--Petrov--Thompson
-----------Sutton----Hartson------------

This is worrying because we'll play too many long balls because of the big front 2, and McGeady is untested over a longer (and competitive) period of time. We have no natural right-winger, and Agathe isn't good enough in Europe to play that position. Jackie could do a good job at left-back but ideally you want a proper left-back there. We also need someone like Lubo behind the front 2.

:/

Yeah that's about what I think too, those 3 players would be good for us. Still think we'll win the league though.

FD

The only reason we need to strengthen is for the CL, not for the SPL! We took it at a canter last year and we'll win it again this season, even if big feck's buys somehow don't manage to be another set of duds they'll take time to settle in whereas one upside to our team is they're already settled.

foxtrot_yankee said:
:lmao:

at the piggery.

lol.....piggery... nice... oink.. oink..better than the Donkey Park .. ;)

i think rangers will be better this season but i still expect celtic to win this season but it should be a lot closer.

as classic has said we need players that are going to get us further in Europe as i feel our squad is strong enough for the SPL.

Looks like Heinz has been scrapped, Juninho is linked again, although I heard he as still quite happy to stay at Boro and see how things develop. Would like him, or even the likes of Riquelme or Overmars who could be in there. Some nutter mentioned Xavi in the paper, there is no chance he'll come, he's class and is one of the best players Barca have, he seems to start everything off from midfield.

FD

Meant to say this a while back but forgot. It looks like Celtic were shafted by Leeds and Middlesbrough on the Viduka clause. The clause apparently stated that Celtic were only due a percentage if Viduka moved for the same fee or more than the fee that Leeds paid for him to Celtic. To get around this, Middlesbrough gave Leeds Michael Ricketts on the cheap in return for Leeds selling Viduka to them for less than the fee Celtic got, thereby avoiding having to pay Celtic any monies.

Still no signings and I'm bored :(.

i very sly...........

MON has eased fears that he will not be at Celtic this season there has been media speculation that he may take a brake from football due to the illness o his wife Geraldine.

But in London to become OBE, he said ''The news is that i will be there for the start of the season.''

he also said this about new players.....''I need to get a few players in, but there is no need to panic right now.''

Yeah true, what's the rush? Livi have managed to sell a guy and buy him back during the end of season. :mrgreen:

FD

O'Neill to miss West Coast games
Stephen Sullivan

'Martin O'Neill has confirmed to the Celtic website that, while he hopes to join the Hoops squad for the latter part of their North American tour, he will not be on the flight to Seattle tomorrow and will miss the club's first two matches.

The ill health of O’Neill’s wife, Geraldine, has been well documented since the end of last season, and the Irishman recently felt compelled to end speculation over his future by confirming that he will be in charge at Celtic Park for the forthcoming season.

He explained today that he will not, however, be in the dugout for the club’s matches against Chelsea and Liverpool, though he made it clear that he hopes and expects to be back in charge for the East Coast leg of the tour, which will see his side clash with both Manchester United and AS Roma.

Speaking ahead of his side’s trip to Craven Cottage this afternoon, O’Neill said: “Due to family reasons I won’t be on the first part of the American tour, but there is a good possibility that I will able to join the team for the second part in the East Coast, certainly for the last two matches against Manchester United and AS Roma.”

As has happened on a couple of prior occasions - most notably in Florida a year-and-a-half ago – management duties will be carried out by John Robertson and Steve Walford, O’Neill’s faithful and long-serving assistants, during his absence.'

www.celticfc.net

Think you can forget about signings boys, if he's missing matches because of this then surely he can't have much time for chasing players, agents, etc, and all the crap that brings.

:-({|=

Celtic vs Fulham, live audio feed - http://www.fulhamfc.com/ :

MARSHALL, David
MCMANUS, Stephen
SYLLA, Mohamed
PEARSON, Stephen
FERNANDEZ, David
PETTA, Bobby
LAURSEN, Ulrik
AGATHE, Didier
LENNON, Neil
VARGA, Stanislav
HARTSON, John

Full Time: Fulham 0-2 Celtic (Hartson 8mins, Lennon PK 75mins)

McManus off injured, McNamara on, Petta taking the piss. 1-0 HT, mass changes for second-half, Sutton, Petrov, Hedman, McGeady, Beattie on.
Lennon scores PK after keeper brought down Petrov (stonewaller according to the cockney commentator before you lot start ;)).

Beattie linked in papers for £7 mill. :shock: :roll: Fuck dat, I wouldn't even touch him for 700k. Would prefer just to sign someone with a bit of pace. Gravesen also linked, would like him, works his ass off and is a good passer of the ball.

Supposedly two new buys before next weekend........we'll see.

FD

its a shame MON will miss the start of the tour but we know he has family difficulties.

:D good start for the bhoys from what i hear they strolled it as for Beattie
no thanks not for 7 mil anyway......Thomas Gravesen sure i would like to see him at Celtic plus he's unsettled at Everton.

Next stop Chelsea (ding! ding!)

tealady.jpg

Celtic have delighted legions of worried fans by unveiling their first signing of the summer. Bessie McGurdle, 64, was thrilled at the prospect of leading the club's title and Champions' League charge for the coming season. "Martin assures me I'll not get a moment's peace, I'll be expected to contribute heavily" she said. "It's a shame Henrik isn't here, I would have loved to have linked up with him every day in training - I hear he took his tea black" she added.

Bessie will wear the number 65 shirt (it's her birthday next month), and is expected to command £3.85 per hour in wages. There is still the hurdle of a work permit to be overcome however, due to her being situated in Easterhouse.

Fans were overjoyed at the coup. Jimmy Nofeet from Pollok said "This is fantastic, the huns will be quaking in their boots now, no one can match the drive and determination of Bessie!". Pocahontas McFadden of Letterkenny, Ireland, was equally as happy, "Over da moon ye know!? Bessie's got the best technique oi've ever seen, even better tan tat fella Larsson ye know?! Sorry I'll have to be orf me cows are on teh road, they'll be in Creeslough by dark if oi I don't shift me arse! OI COME BACK HERE DAISY YA BOLLOCKS!"

More signings are expected tomorrow, it's rumoured Joseph 'The Jannie' Souter is due for talks at Camp Celtic.

:mrgreen: LOL.......Excellent, looking good now. Acutally on a serious note, with Mjallby away they're looking at a Sweeper:-

roadsweeper.jpg

Igor Brushanov, from Dynamo Sweepski, heard he's a collosus at sweeping up at the back. Good at tidying up and good at clearing his line. MO is on a roll now.

FD

Very good.

Apparently there are problems with Bessie's deal, there are concerns she might drop the teapot in the huddle and cause an injury. But then she is a seasoned veteran who has picked up many cups and her technique really is second to none, always pours with her head up looking for that incisive pour.

It's kind of sad that there aren't any real signings to talk of. Ah well.

It said on Clyde 1 news earlier that Martin O'Neill wants to make "one or two" signings.

Well as I thought, it seems MO personal life is playing with our chances of landing players. Not trying to sound heartless, but Celtic can't just stop trading because MO's wife is sick. If I can't make a game because my missus isn't well, do they keep my seat empty as a mark of respect?

This is going for 2 seasons in a row without spending a penny and still season ticket books have risen on both occassions.

FD

Celtic shuda signed Novo, quite impressive against Roma, he scored twice and they won 4-1.

Roma had B team but Rangers were quite entertaining. Their youngster, i think Park, was great.

fd1972uk said:
Well as I thought, it seems MO personal life is playing with our chances of landing players. Not trying to sound heartless, but Celtic can't just stop trading because MO's wife is sick. If I can't make a game because my missus isn't well, do they keep my seat empty as a mark of respect?

This is going for 2 seasons in a row without spending a penny and still season ticket books have risen on both occassions.

FD

sure i understand what ur sayin but i think its a bit unfair to blame MO wife for the lack of signings if anyone is to blame its the Celtic Board.

Milanista said:
Celtic shuda signed Novo

he did not want to sign for us he had his mind made up early on that he wanted to sign for Rangers. The reason he was talkin to Celtic was to scare Rangers into makin a more realistic offer IMO.

RIP....Northern Ireland and Celtic great Berti Peacock ...died at the age of 75 after a short illness.

Novo joined Rangers because they wanted him more. Celtic are way too slow in the transfer market.

Also heard Henri Camara linked again, I wouldn't take him in a lucky bag.

FD

i ....its looking very likely we will be getting him as he has said he want to go to Celtic even though Bolton are interested in him.

if we do get him it will be a year loan deal with a view to make it permanent 8-[ :-({|=

Celtic look they they're running out of options. Trying to sign Shearer, offering him £60k a week. That sounds like desperation to me. Surely a list should've been made out.

Don't want Camara at all, not good enough from what I've saw.

The Chelsea game was a poor showing by Celtic, apart from Hedman, Lennon and Beattie the rest where poor. Just showed that they're reserves are far superior to ours.

FD

Back
Top Bottom