Celtic Thread

Some reports have Celtic signing Nakata and Wilhelmson(sp)!

What do you think of these players?

ok.....here is celtic's fixture list for 04-05 season.

Celtic Fixtures 2004-2005
August
7 Motherwell (H)
14 Kilmarnock (A)
21 Inverness CT (A)
28 Rangers (H)
September
11 Dundee (H)
18 Hibernian (A)
25 Dunfermline (H)
October
2 Dundee Utd (A)
16 Hearts (H)
23 Livingston (A)
27 Aberdeen (H)
30 Motherwell (A)
November
6 Kilmarnock (H)
13 Inverness CT (H)
20 Rangers (A)
27 Dundee (A)
December
4 Hibernian (H)
11 Dunfermline (A)
18 Dundee Utd (H)
27 Hearts (A)
January
1 Livingston (H)
15 Aberdeen (A)
22 Motherwell (H)
29 Kilmarnock (A)
February
12 Inverness CT (A)
19 Rangers (H)
March
2 Dundee (H)
5 Hibernian (A)
12 Dunfermline (H)
19 Dundee Utd (A)
April
2 Hearts (H)
9 Livingston (A)
16 Aberdeen (H)

Wilhelmsson was the guy who destroyed Valgaeren on the right-wing in Brussels, he skinned him and crossed for Aruna to score Anderlecht's winner remember? He also set up Larsson's second against Bulgaria, and put in the cross Sorensen spilled for the late Swedish equaliser against the Danes, good player.

Nakata is one of the highest-paid footballers in the world (like top 5) because of the merchandise pull he has in Japan, etc. Zero chance of getting him.

Apparently it's Shiniji Ono that'll be signing, according to a website he was seen arriving at Manchester Airport and Celtic have hired a Japanese translator for a week!

The Nakata thing could still be on although as Parma are in the middle of a Asset Evaluation nothing will happen in the next week or so for this!!

Also according to some friends and that website, Anelka was in Glasgow at the beginning of the week and was spotted in Lowdown, probably just visiting his brother tho!

Would like Nakata, but can't see it myself, although think Parma are in trouble. Wouldn't mind Ono, think he's very good. Remember him a couple of years ago playing for Feyenoord against Celtic for a Lisbon Lions Testimonial thing and there was loads of Japanese fans there to see him. It was funny, everytime he got the ball there was a band of them going wild trying to get pics. :mrgreen:

Wilhelmsson does look good, I remember him for Anderlecht too and he brilliant over there. Could be a good acquisiton, although I'd prefer Baseggio (sp?). Why not try and go for Aruna, maybe his price has falling? Anelka can't see it and don't want to, he's an arse-piece.

That Camara dude's name keeps coming up, but no way do I want him, and for £3 mill. :shock: Fuck off!! Hope Celtic don't let Rangers nab Novo, it's not that he's a world beater, but I think with his pace, would do Celtic some good.

FD

I heard a stiry a while ago and have heard it numerous times again.

Apparently Martin O'Neill's wife is seriously ill with lukemia and he may infact be taking a leave of absence from his role of Celtic manager for a period of 6 months. The stand-in manager during his absence is apparently going to be Gordon Strachan.

Has anyone else heard this ?
If this is true, then we can only understand Martin's position and pass on our best wishes for s speedy and succesful recovery to his wife.

Gordon Strachan is amazing, and I'd love to see him at Celtic in that type of capacity.

I know MO's wife isn't too well and I wish them all the best, however in a kind of selfish way I don't want Celtic to stand still because of this.

FD

I really can't justify the money. I go to most of the games and any aways I don't go to there is always the pub.
I was also hearing STV have won the highlights and are going to show them on a Monday night.

foxtrot_yankee said:
Has anyone bought SPL Live?

I might seeing as you can't buy each match individually in Scotland :x

£99 though :(

my uncle has ordered it he said he would get it if i chipped in for it so i did but ur right its a bit costly but if u chip in with someone u know it will be cheaper.

Larsson will seal his move to Barca tommorow so good luck to him.

Hopefully we'll get him, think he could do a job for us, not sure how he'll cut it in Europe but not too much money and can always do a job on the wing too. By the way CD, are you keeking your pants in case we go for Nilsson. :mrgreen:

Is this confirmed that the SPL games can't be bought individually? :shock:

FD

From the Setanta website:

Are games available individually?
No – Setanta Sport is an SPL subscription only channel and not available on PPV. Old Firm Derbies are available on a PPV basis in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, and you will require a Sky Sports subscription for this.

Full Page Here

Thanks for that mate, not sure what to do as I think they'll need to put it on a PPV basis, can't see them starting off with the required viewers.

FD

Novo in Celtic Park talks

_40327123_novo203.jpg

Striker Nacho Novo has arrived at Celtic Park for signing talks after Dundee accepted a £500,000 offer from the Scottish champions.

Celtic's Glasgow rivals, Rangers, had long been favourites to capture the 25-year-old Spaniard.

But the Ibrox club have so far only increased their bid to £350,000.

A Dundee spokesman said on Tuesday: "We are continuing to talk to a number of clubs who have expressed an interest in Nacho Novo."

Dundee had denied suggestions that Novo is prepared to hold out for a move to Rangers, even if it meant leaving for nothing next season.

His willingness to travel to Glasgow to meet Celtic officials appears to be confirmation of that.

Novo is close friends with former Dens Park team-mate Zurab Khizanishvili, who has been at Ibrox for a season.

Rangers angered the Tayside club when an SPL tribunal ruled they did not have to pay a fee for the Georgian defender Zura Khizanishvili.

Dundee were placed in administration days later and Dens Park chief executive Peter Marr has criticised Rangers for being "short-sighted" in the race for Novo.

"It's sad Rangers can't afford another £150,000 to sign a player who could possibly put them into the Champions League," he told the Sun.

"What's that worth to them? It could be counted in millions. All the money they get from that would easily pay for his transfer.

"After all, Rangers didn't have a player who matched his total of 25 goals last season and we don't consider £500,000 is a lot of money for Nacho.

"Thankfully, there may be other clubs who can match our valuation.

"Anyway, no matter what Rangers think, we have to do what is best for Dundee."

fd1972uk said:
Didn't know Celtic TV had been launched. Cool.

FD

yep launches at the start of next season, its on for a few hours each night and gives interviews with players etc, classic games and on a monday night the full game from the weekend, so if we are not the live game at least we get to see the full game and dont have to put up with 10-20 mins of highlights

Setanta have announced the fixtures they're showing in August...

Saturday August 7 Aberdeen v Rangers kick-off 12.30pm

Sunday August 8 Celtic v Motherwell kick-off 2.00pm

Sunday August 15 Dundee United v Dundee kick-off 2.00pm

Sunday August 22 Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Celtic kick-off 2.00pm

Sunday August 29 Celtic v Rangers kick-off 1.00pm

Looks far too green for my liking. But anyway, for those who haven't bought SPL Live yet, you've got the rest of Wednesday to buy it for £99. After today it'll be £120.

"We've listened to the fans and agreed a 2.00pm kick-off for the majority of the Sunday games so that viewers can catch live games from both the Scottish Premierleague and the FA Premiership."

Nice to see they're listening. Hear this: Reduce the price to a tenner. :x

Said in a weekend paper that Celtic where looking at the Czech player Heinz, he looks good from what I've saw. £1.5m they where asking, not too bad I would think.

For some reason I can see Rangers come in with a bid late for Novo and snatch him.

FD

didn't Hideotoshi Nakata sign for someone like Perugia because Parma were in so much shit it was definately a relegation fighting italian team if i remember rightly

****just remembered who it was Bologna****** check out his official site lol

I thought that was on-loan, although I could be wrong.

According to the press Novo fancies Rangers instead. If that's true, rather we just let him go.

FD

Celtic have also seemed to clinch the signature of a bright young Canadian prospect Linsky or something. Says they beat off Man Utd for him. He's only 15 and can't sign a contract till December when he's 16.

FD

:mrgreen: LOL.............can't remember, I don't actually buy the papers, but like to have a read of any that are in the office. :mrgreen:

FD

Back
Top Bottom