Celtic Thread

linked with berbatov i agree he will cost us as for rivaldo it seems he is to sign for bolton im goni do my sam alyerdyce bit '' You have to question the players ambition''.

we need some good news over the next few weeks as i fear it will be another last min transfer dip.

yip the big man is on the way back will be good to have him playing again.

Yeah this is what is pissing me off again. I've got a feeling it'll be leaving everything to the last minute again. MO is/was trying to assess players like Rivaldo and Amoroso in America which is in July, if that goes tits up what then?

MO has an annoying thing about asking players to have trials and to be honest it's been a wrong move every single time. Rivaldo? A couple of years ago MO said he would be the signing he would wish if he could pick anyone in the world. De La Pena? Played brilliantly for Espanyol and is getting rewarded with a new improved contract after helping them stay up. Rapaic? Let's him go and then the guy runs a riot for Croatia days later.

What's Rapaic doing now? Dani hasn't exactly set the world on fire. De La Pena played well for Espanyol, but bear in mind he's playing for Espanyol, who narrowly avoided the drop (last couple of years too I think) and isn't playing well enough to earn a move to anyone other than La Liga relegation fodder.

It's frustrating that he has this policy, but I'd rather he had it than sign every Joe Friday that he was interested in.

As for Rivaldo, if you believe anything you read I'm laughing at you, one way or the other. The guy is a chancer of the highest order.

Pfft, the DR/SM talk absolute shite all the time. This sounds a bit more promising mind, from Sky Sports:

Turkish star Yildiray Basturk has confirmed that he is set to hold talks with Celtic - who are believed to be leading the chase for his signature.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at Bayer Leverkusen and is set to leave after three years at The BayArena.

The classy playmaker is being chased by a host of clubs from across Europe including Hertha Berlin and Werder Bremen from Die Bundesliga, Turkish outfits Besiktas and Fenerbahce, and English giants Newcastle.

However, Celtic - who are still coming to terms with losing legendary marksman Henrik Larsson - are now pushing hard to secure his signature.

Basturk is currently on tour with Turkey, but on his arrival to the Middle East - he confirmed that he would be opening talks with Celtic.

"Celtic have made a financially very good offer as well as giving me the chance to play in the Champions League," said Basturk.

"I will most probably begin talks with Celtic as soon as the national team camp is over."

Fenerbahce coach Christoph Daum confirmed his interest in bringing Basturk to his homeland.

"We've made an offer for Yildiray," said Daum.

"Now he has to make a decision, but we won't wait forever."

Daum added that he was hoping to add eight up to 10 players to his title winning side.

"We have to be ready for the Champions League games," Daum continued.

"So we have to get eight to 10 new players. The new team will have nothing to do with the old one.

"If the squad stays the same we won't have a chance in the Champions League."

ClassicD said:
Pfft, the DR/SM talk absolute shite all the time. This sounds a bit more promising mind, from Sky Sports:

Turkish star Yildiray Basturk has confirmed that he is set to hold talks with Celtic - who are believed to be leading the chase for his signature.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at Bayer Leverkusen and is set to leave after three years at The BayArena.

The classy playmaker is being chased by a host of clubs from across Europe including Hertha Berlin and Werder Bremen from Die Bundesliga, Turkish outfits Besiktas and Fenerbahce, and English giants Newcastle.

However, Celtic - who are still coming to terms with losing legendary marksman Henrik Larsson - are now pushing hard to secure his signature.

Basturk is currently on tour with Turkey, but on his arrival to the Middle East - he confirmed that he would be opening talks with Celtic.

"Celtic have made a financially very good offer as well as giving me the chance to play in the Champions League," said Basturk.

"I will most probably begin talks with Celtic as soon as the national team camp is over."

Fenerbahce coach Christoph Daum confirmed his interest in bringing Basturk to his homeland.

"We've made an offer for Yildiray," said Daum.

"Now he has to make a decision, but we won't wait forever."

Daum added that he was hoping to add eight up to 10 players to his title winning side.

"We have to be ready for the Champions League games," Daum continued.

"So we have to get eight to 10 new players. The new team will have nothing to do with the old one.

"If the squad stays the same we won't have a chance in the Champions League."

Lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well sounding by Rivaldo he might be going to Qatar, so maybe Bolton and Celtic fans might be glad he ain't coming if it's true, as anyone going there are thinking of money and putting their feet up.

As for Basturk, I'd rule him out, papers say £50k tax free, Eurosport News said Galatasary had offered £40k tax free, so he ain't going to Celtic.

FD

Galatasaray finished 6th in the Turkish league I heard, no European football for them so that flies in the face of comments made by the player (allegedly) that he'd only leave Germany for a team with CL football. Also heard he doesn't want to play in Turkey, I know that sounds daft but by all accounts although he's Turkish he's a naturalised German, been there most of his life. Could be true though, you have to wonder why he couldn't agree terms with the Bundesliga Champions (CL football, decent wage). If he's expecting someone to give him £50k tax free he's a rocket, he only played around 9 games last year because he had Hepatitis. :l

As for Rivaldo, can you honestly say you are surprised? From day one although it was exciting being linked with a player like that there was always the chance he'd be using us to get a deal elsewhere, good riddance to whatever club are stupid enough to pay him what he wants.

I think Basturk will goto Galatasary instead of Celtic or as he's hoping another Bundesliga team comes in for him as he prefers to stay in Germany.

FD

heard a rumour over the weekend that celtic will be signing mcfadden, he is supposed to have went to parkhead after the scotland game for a medical and talks, heard this from a very good source who used to play for celtic and is often at celtic park

I would like McFadden, him and Fletcher are two of the best young prospects in British football. However only about a month ago McFadden said he's glad he's joined the Premiership and wouldn't contemplate coming back to the SPL with any of the old firm, think they missed the boat with him.

FD

well, basturk definately wont play in turkey, im sure.

he wants to stay in "europe".

so its possible that he joins celtic.

but i think british football isnt suitable for him.

i know its already been said but celtic have agin been linked with dimitar berbatov of bayer leverkusen this from general manager Ilja Kaenzik ''I know for a fact Celtic are looking at him, but Barcelona and Inter are also hot on Dimitar.

also linked with 3 million rated wolves striker Henri Camara.

nice to see hearts with their new 6 million academy in partnership with Heriot-watt uni seen it in the paper today vogts has called for Celtic to get into the 21st century, thats Rangers,Hearts and Ross county with the only decent training facilites in scotland.

Yeah Berti, we don't have Hearts' or Rangers' training facilities, but then we're only the senior, U21 and U19 champions and those two clubs are deep in debt. Wee diddy that he is :roll:.

You have to admit though that it is about time a big club like Celtic had decent training facilities.
Sack the Board (again). Get a new board who're less tight.

Barrowfield may not be the most ideal situation, but I'd rather have that than a £2m weight around our neck each year to keep open an 'academy'. I've heard Rangers don't even train there :eh:. The proof is there, we're champions at all 3 levels so no one can really say anything about facilities.

Yeah Camara has already been mentioned a while ago and I don't think he's the player we want, especially for that kind of money.

FD

Young McManus has signed a new 2 year contract, that's good news with the youngsters, having Maloney and Kennedy on new terms and also young Marshall.

Neil Lennon is thinking of going back to play for Northern Ireland.

I was hoping for Rivaldo tbh, however I'm thankful he hasn't came now, I could accept him going to another team in a better league, but Qatar means money and a suntan.

Heard also that Celtic might be bringing out a new home top..............surely not? :shock:

FD

I've heard about the new home kit too mate. A friend of mine works in the shop at Parkhead and he mentioned it last week. I thought he was at it at first but he was quite sure about it.

Yeah woman in the work went to the shop looking for the new home top, they never had any in and was told they probably won't get in anymore because of the top, she was rather amazed, like me. Fuck we pay £1m to pay Henrik off, what's this for now?

FD

so the SPL are to have another vote on Inverness Caley's promotion lets hope they come to thier senses and let them up ......... the old firm got pointed out as the main voters against them but it turned out the old firm actually voted for them to go up typical media jumping the gun.

Supposedly Celtic are favourites to land Basturk, we all know what that means........he'll be off to some team in the next couple of days. It's said he'll confirm his desitination by the end of the week.

FD

i thought we would have at least signed 1 new player by this stage it may be that MON is busy talking with players and they want to keep things secret :-$ but im starting to get the same feeling i got last year when we never signed anyone ](*,) .

as for Basturk your probably right but we will soon find out.

Linked again with Ian Harte. Not sure, he takes a good free-kick and good at crossing, however can't say he gives me confidence in his defensive qualities.

FD

Alex McLeish is curious how Celtic reached the UEFA cup final last year, so he decides on a visit to Celtic Park to see how Martin O'Neill coaches his team.

After a day he is not really impressed by the training practices, so he asks O'Neill how he gets his players so sharp.
'Well it is simple. I sometimes ask my players a difficult question, and that way they stay really sharp mentally'.

Of course Alex wants an example, so O'Neill asks Larsson to come over to the touchline.
O'Neill asks: ' Henrik, he is not your brother, but still he is your father's son. Who is he?'
'That is not difficult', Henrik answers immediately, 'Of course that is me'.

'You see? That's the way you keep them sharp', O'Neill says to McLeish.

McLeish, who wants to progress in Europe also, decides to bring this into Rangers's practice the next day. He calls Fernando Ricksen over to the touchline. 'Fernando, I have a question for you', he says, 'He is not your brother, but still he is your father's son, who is he?'.

'Bleedin' 'ell', is the wild one's reply, 'That is a tough one to answer, can I sleep on that one night, and why have you asked me this question?'

McLeish explains it has to do with some continental coaching trick and agrees with the one night postponement.

So that night Ricksen decides to call Stefan Klos. He has played in Germany, maybe he knows something about these coaching methods. 'Stefan, maybe you know the answer to this question, he is not your brother, but still he is your father's son. Who is he?'.

'That is easy, that is me!', says Stefan Klos.

So the next day Fernando walks full of confidence to McLeish. Alex asks: 'Fernando, do you know the answer to my question now?'.
'Yes it was actually very easy', he says, 'It's Stefan Klos'..

McLeish answers: 'No of course not you f#cking a#sehole. It's Henrik Larsson.'

Basturk deal looks fecked:

Yildiray Basturk's agent today ruled out a move to Celtic after claiming they are unable to meet his wage demands.

The Turkish international is leaving Bayer Leverkusen on a Bosman free and has attracted interest from Britain and other Bundesliga clubs including Werder Bremen and Hertha Berlin.

But while his agent Reza Fazelli revealed that he had spoke with Celtic representatives he indicated the player would be staying in Germany after his participation in Euro 2004.

He told the Press Association: "This is too much money for Celtic and he will not be going to Scotland.

"Like Scottish teams, Turkish teams can't afford to pay the wages of teams in Germany, Italy, Spain and England.

"The top players in Germany, Italy and England are earning too much for clubs here in Turkey to afford.

"I have spoken to people at Celtic but they cannot compete with those teams in Germany and I think he will stay there.

"There are a number of clubs interested in the player but I can say he will not be going to Glasgow.

"He is a top quality player and has enjoyed his time in Germany. We will look at all the options and then decide."

The 25-year-old attacking midfielder is one of a number of players linked with a summer move to Parkhead and follows recent links with Tottenham's Robbie Keane.

LOL :mrgreen: nice joke classic

as for basturk it seems that way i agree with the comment

"Like Scottish teams, Turkish teams can't afford to pay the wages of teams in Germany, Italy, Spain and England.

linked with hasselbaink again

Back
Top Bottom