Celtic Thread

Excellent, how good to win it with practically the final kick of the ball, and what a kick! :mrgreen:

2004-05-08%20^%20celtic%201-0%20rangers.sutton3.jpg

Excellento, great goal by Sutty to clinch it. Looks like Rivaldo is going to Bolton and Celtic also had a rejection from Mendieta who is staying with Boro. Also linked with Basturk who would be a great signing and only 25. Rangers have seemingly signed Prso, should be a good signing for them.

Good to see the type of players MO is linked with, looking forward to the summer and I would leave some of his kitty for the Euro 2004 as there might be one or two players there who shine.

FD

Dada Prso's League Record:

02/03 12gls 20apps
01/02 2gls 11apps
00/01 4gls 21apps
99/00 2gls 20apps

He doesn't even make the list for this year's scorers. It seems like if you take that one game where he scored 4 goals away he wouldn't be that big a signing - remember Oleg Salenko? :lol:

Will be watching him in Euro 2004 with a bit more interest now.

Just thought I would point this out if anyone did'nt notice (Seeing as the hacks have neglected to mention it).

I honestly did'nt realise the Gers had so many vegetarian fans. Well what other explanation is there for them throwing potatoes on Saturday??. :roll:

After the way the racist abuse Balde and Agathe have been subjected to over the past few years has been swept under the carpet. I know I should not be surprised this seems to be going the same way.

EssDub said:
I honestly did'nt realise the Gers had so many vegetarian fans. Well what other explanation is there for them throwing potatoes on Saturday??. :roll:
Oh there's a small piece in one certain rag this morning, apparently it's only worthy of "distasteful" half way through a match report :roll:.

Shouldn't be surprised though, McNee was on the Scotsport Forum yesterday saying Prso has 20 goals in the French League this season, he's got 8 or something :shock:.

ClassicD said:
Oh there's a small piece in one certain rag this morning, apparently it's only worthy of "distasteful" half way through a match report :roll:.
Whereas the Celtic supporting hooligans that 'smashed up' Rugby
Park are back page news.

Gerry McNee is quite laughable now. I honestly think the guy is going mad some of the stuff he has written in the past few months is beyond belief.

Oh and i've heard that it's actually 'Dado Rail' the Gers have bought. Seemingly they had to put something in the trophy room ;)

Yeah seems to be the rage with them. I didn't goto the game, gave my ticket to my bro, he said it was going on throughout the game with the monkey noises. I heard it a couple of times, but most prominently in the 40th minute when Bobo got the ball and they gave it waldy. Supposedly we get 'The minority take part', I can assure you from previous chants at Sylla and Bobo that it is the majority and this was clarified by what my dad and brother said.

FD

Prso has scored 16 goals this season in all competitions.
In the Daily Record, Mark Hateley said he'd scored about "20-something" in the French Ligue 1 this season. "20-something" is really Eight. I'm fed up with the pish the Record spouts these days. It wasn't until about 10mins ago that I believed we'd signed him. I refuse to believe what the Record says so I checked the Gers site. Seems to be true. Although the Record says we "pipped Milan" to sign him :roll: "Milan" is really Bolton.

Oh and about the game on Saturday...
I heard quite a few seats got broken and the toilets panned in (no pun intended).

Supposedly Rivaldo could be signed for £20k a week. Sounds a good deal. If that falls through, they might go for Basturk. And some guy high on drugs is sending out a plea for Celtic to go get him, Paul McVeigh or something from Norwich. :roll: Eh, naw!

FD

stickyer2.jpg

btw FD where do you get your stories from, you're always batterin on about some new rumour or what not! :mrgreen:

The papers, most probably full a shit, but that's what I've read.

I'll have another Scoop in a wee while. :mrgreen:

FD

Rivaldo is at it, no doubt. In his latest quotes he states that Celtic and Bolton's offers are very close, and that if either offers more money that could make the decision for him :roll:. Also said that the Bolton 'fax' thingy is a load of pish, he's not agreed to anything. This is becoming a pain in the arse now, it's going to drag on for a while I think.

3 or 4 different people on a Celtic MB have been saying Amoroso (ex-Dortmund) was at Celtic Park this morning. This rumour will probably turn out to be as incorrect as FD's though :mrgreen:.

:mrgreen: hehe......glad he didn't forget about that wee incident.

Good to hear Amoroso is supposedly over trying to impress MO, he is a good forward who could do a job for us.

And MO has already stated that he won't be involved in an auction for Rivaldo, such as was the case with the legendary Emerson.

FD

Amoroso set for the off as his attitude and demands seems to be a bit much. Rivaldo sounds like he's acting the c**t with his wages, although by the sounds of it seems he kind of prefers Celtic due to the CL.

Kanoute and Henri Camara also mentioned, would like Kanoute but not sure of Camara.

Would like to see Novo still, great record considering where his team are.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Amoroso set for the off as his attitude and demands seems to be a bit much.
This is becoming a problem, you need to stop reading the Record Frank, it's not doing you any good at all! For a start they say he's only done 2 days training with the club - he didn't train yesterday he's only done 1, and MON wasn't there that day. You think MON would have said ok for him to come up if he didn't make checks on the player beforehand? The Record is full of shite, if you read the 'article' all it says is Amoroso has a troubled past, there is not a shred of evidence to suggest Celtic are about to tell him to GTF. They might though, MON doesn't tend to take risks like that (de la Pena last year, then went on to have a great season in La Liga with Espanyol), but he knows we need quality and might sacrifice personal problems and take risks to get that (Rivaldo for example).

We'll see.

Camara, no thanks, missed 5 chances for every 1 he scores. Kanoute, no thanks, too similar to Sutton/Hartson, although with better technique he isn't the quickest which is what we need. I would think Novo is a last resort by the way MON is going after far more high-profile players, the SPL isn't the problem it's getting into the last 16 of the CL and I don't know if Novo is at that level.

metallica said:
ClassicD said:

whats happening here
?

Mr Dicksen came to Thompsons house door pissed drunk in early hours of morning to gloat over their last day title win last year. Thommo had missed a PK and Dicksen had supposedly shouted through the letterbox that he'd tell him how to take PK's. In turn putting the shitters up his wife and children (including a newborn).

The guy is not right in the head.

FD

'Scottish champions Celtic have invited Brazilian trialist Marcio Amoroso to join them on their pre-season tour of North America in July. The striker trained with the Glasgow club for the first time on Thursday and his agent Nivaldo Baldo told reporters the former Borussia Dortmund player would find it an honour to travel with Celtic.'

Yes, this was this morning, and since then he's been asked to go on the tour. Like you said mate, it's the Record though, so it's no surprise :roll:.

About that though, the tour isn't till July, so Amoroso is going to wait another 2 months when he doesn't even have a guarantee of any deal? Seems a bit off to me :/.

Got the new Celtic top, played 5's in it today and it's lovely and light :). Nearly broke my ankle mind :x .

Good to see Neil Lennon won the Fan's Player of the Year. I voted for him too, he's been excellent this season.

FD

more death threats for lennon its f***in disgraceful though his agent says he will be staying with celtic good on him and standing up against them and sticking up the finger at bigited a***holes.

Back
Top Bottom