Celtic Thread

Yeah the atmoshpere was only "ok", Think the early goal for them kinda killed it a bit.

I was really disappointed to hear Miller being booed again. A lot of the same guys that were at it during the Hearts game.

I don't know how everyone else feels but I go to support Celtic no matter who is in the jersey. I would never dream of abusing one of the players whilst they are on field.

I still feel we can do it, just look at Anfield last year. They were good but by no means great.

I don't really bother too much with Miller. I don't like what he's done, I can't be arsed booing and I can't be arsed clapping him on. I still hope he does well when called upon although it's a bit of a slap in the face to players who want to stay with the club. In all I'd say I hope he does great and then his legs fall off after the last match.

We definteley have a chance.

FD

I don't know what makes you think Celtic will win in Villarreal. Hope more than anything else am I right? This is the team that have already gubbed Galatasaray 3-0 and Roma 2-0 at home.

Yes, but then again I think they might score too. I'm going to be positive and say we'll draw 2-2.

FD

I'm sure Villarreal played Roma at home in the first leg, they'll think the hard part is done now. We drew 1-1 at home with Boavista and Liverpool last year and did the business away, Stuttgart scored once here but we then went and scored twice over there, so we have every reason to be optimistic.

They played some nice football but to be fair only because we let them in the first half, we actually started well till their goal, then we were knocked back a little and couldn't recover till the second half.

P.S. Thommo was shite last night, and although it sticks in my throat to say it Miller looked good when he came on, might be a blessing in disguise that he'll play instead of the suspended Thommo next week.

Yeah CD, that's what I said too. Maybe a bit of running power with Pearso on the left and Miller through the centre, might offer something different. Miller did play well.

FD

foxtrot_yankee said:
I don't know what makes you think Celtic will win in Villarreal. Hope more than anything else am I right? This is the team that have already gubbed Galatasaray 3-0 and Roma 2-0 at home.

Well saying this came from a Gers fan.

Maybe we think we can do it because of the team we have, unlike Rangers ;)

Look at our away performances in Europe last season in the Uefa cup when the odds were against us, not to mention the Nou Camp! :twisted:

Guti

Sorry Foxtrot, to suggest we went through because Barca were poor is total nonsense, we defended outstandingly and our keeper made 2 wonder saves (Gerard early on then Gerard again I think in the second half), plus he had a very good game all round. They never looked like scoring because we defended so well.

As for Villarreal, talented team but they were on the ropes in the second half at CP, we gave them too much time on the ball in the first. We know what we have to do now, and we have a great chance of doing it, you think it's near impossible for us to score over there?

foxtrot_yankee said:
Well... yes. Galatasaray couldn't do it. Barcelona couldn't do it. Roma couldn't do it. I doubt Celtic will either.
Deportivo beat them 2-0 in Villarreal yesterday and missed a penalty, Jose Mari came off with hamstring trouble. Roma have frequently not played Cassano and Totti in the UEFA Cup this season, I dunno about the rest of their line-up. Galatasaray aren't exactly the team they used to be, and Barcelona couldn't score against us over 180 minutes but we scored against them, so that doesn't count for much either :mrgreen: .

foxtrot_yankee said:
Well... yes. Galatasaray couldn't do it. Barcelona couldn't do it. Roma couldn't do it. I doubt Celtic will either.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me...

Villareal have conceded more goals in la liga than they have managed to score. They have also only won 7 out of 16 games at home in the same competition.

I'm sure you must agree this gives us some hope.

Game on Sunday wasn't much cop, but at least we've booked ourself into another final. Away crowd was poor and Celtic didn't sell out all their tickets, although hopefully I've guaranteed my ticket for the final. :D

FD

fd1972uk said:
Game on Sunday wasn't much cop, but at least we've booked ourself into another final. Away crowd was poor and Celtic didn't sell out all their tickets, although hopefully I've guaranteed my ticket for the final. :D

FD

Better have mine guaranteed, I heard we only sold around 20,000(looked less) and we should get at least 22,000 for the final.

At last the tip that is Barrowfield is to have a makeover...

Brian Quinn had this to say

'I think the time is right when we should be thinking about doing something to enhance the facilities at Barrowfield and really stepping them up to look much more attractive.

'When foreign clubs and potential sponsors come to Celtic Park, they want to see the training facilities and they are not impressed.

'If we want to portray a picture of a top side, then we have to attend to that. We also have to attend to Celtic Park as well.

'Right now, it wouldn't make any sense to rebuild the South Stand because it would require a lot of money and I'm not sure that it would pay for itself but what we can do is improve the lounge facilities and the boardroom.

'These are not as they should be. We are a big club and we want to reflect that in what we have on offer.'

lol about bloody time, Where I play football up the park is better than there IMO.

So he's going to spend money on new chairs for the boardroom and shiny new table, and he's going to put a vase of flowers on a table in Barrowfield to make it look "much more attractive"?

Please note I read the Barrowfield quote as making it look nicer, NOT improving the facilities. This guy is a feckin eejit. How about some money for MON?

:roll:

Edit, just read that Quinn has come out and said his usual pish, i.e. we have no money. He said, and I quote:

"Martin will decide whether he wants to sign additional players or commit existing ones to additional contracts, as with Alan Thompson and Chris Sutton. "That costs money, but if that's the way he wants to spend, we have to go along with it."

So he's saying if we renew contracts we'll not be signing anyone, it's one or the other. This of course despite the fact we'll be £40,000+ a week better off with Larsson's wage off the bill. The guy is a total fucking arsehole.

Yes he is, I hope the old fucker takes a fart-attack.

And on the subject of arseholes:-

Man goes to see his doctor, "Doctor, I've got a cork in my ass, when I pull it out my bum sings the sash!" The doc replies "Don't worry about it loads of fucking arseholes sing the sash!".

:mrgreen:

FD

I never drew this, but I agree with it, someone pass it on to Didier please.

We can now win the league on Sunday, at the very ground we lost it on last year, CHEER UP LADS!

villareal deserved to win just proves that they r no mugs and would not be supprised if they went on to win it.....still got the leauge and SCF to look foward to.

ClassicD said:
So he's going to spend money on new chairs for the boardroom and shiny new table, and he's going to put a vase of flowers on a table in Barrowfield to make it look "much more attractive"?

:mrgreen: LOL ur probably right.

Poor performance by the team, especially the defence. Only McNamara could really come out with any credit, Marshall, Petrov and Larsson couldn't really be deemed poor. Miller should have played his last game for the club, as well as being shite all night that should be it over for him, I personally don't want to see him in the hoops again, I was just thinking of Europe when he played, now it's over so should his Celtic career. Looking on last night, maybe it's a good job we never gave him £20k.

We really need to get a playmaker in and another couple of strikers as Sutton and Hartson are injury-prone (MO shouldn't have risked Sutty at the weenend).

We where beat by the better team over the piece but a couple of refereeing decisions had a big impact on the tie overall IMO.

FD

Oh Villarreal got the luck when they needed it (CP, Larsson's goal then Coloccini's handball, then last night McNamara's penalty), but that can't be used as any kind of excuse IMO. To do that would be papering over cracks, we are as you say crying out for a playmaker for European football, though I think the SPL is ours for the taking with the current side for a couple of years to come if McLeish keeps up his awful transfer dealings.

Nevermind, we'll have some new comfy chairs in our boardroom for Gollum to sit on, that makes up for everything. Seriously though, we're pissing and moaning about losing in the QF of a European competition, we have automatic CL football next year and we should be happy with what we have experienced up until now, while the huns get worse :).

Exactly, I'm booking off Monday with the hope that we clinch the title on Sunday. :D

Heard there's only 25,000 cup final tickets up for grabs, hopefully I've managed to guarantee mine for Henke's last game.

FD

MON seems to be making clear what his ambitions are and what he requires for this summer, but whether the board will back him I don't know. Initially I would have said definitely not but he's making it very clear what he is expecting in the way of backing, i.e. some feckin money for quality players.

Also Kilmarnock are not going to sell the 5000 tickets they have left over to Celtic fans for some reason, and say any Celtic fan found in the Kilmarnock seating areas will be ejected without re-admission. The SPL have also said no matter what the trophy will not be presented at Rugby Park :eh:.

ClassicD said:

We can now win the league on Sunday, at the very ground we lost it on last year, CHEER UP LADS!

hehe, so true. But even then he can't cross the road most of the time :shock:

I think Thursday just showed how lacking our squad is, MON had better see some money coming his way, I mean quite a few bob!

Miller was horrid, he seemed to have his mind elsewhere, can't think though.... :roll:

ClassicD said:

hehe, so true. But even then he can't cross the road most of the time :shock:

I think Wednesday just showed how lacking our squad is, MON had better see some money coming his way, I mean quite a few bob!

Miller was horrid, he seemed to have his mind elsewhere, can't think though.... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom