Celtic Thread

I'm telling you, we should flog Hedman and Douglas, if we could get between £1-£2 million on them, we'd save something around the same in wages a year. This guy was getting £800 a week, we'd save damn more money and even if he didn't turn out any better at least our bank account would be better. He can't actually do any worse.

FD

I think Marshall has to be in with a shout for the "No.1" jersey now. Although some people might say it is only one good game, the others that have been in there this season have hardly made it their own.

Thompson called up to the ENGLAND squad against SWEDEN...he probably will get on in the last 5 min known :x specky (scottish footi izni good enough) Ericksson :x .. he said the players he is bringing in for this match probably wont go to Portugal i right i bet the english based players do....

....dont get me wrong scottish fitba izni the best but u cant put players in a bracket as poor players just that they happen to play in scotland.

Glad for Thommo, England's best naturally left sided midfielder for me.

Great result yesterday, players looked tired in the end, however done enough. Marshall was very good again, but MOM good, I think not. I knew he was going to get picked but guys like Petrov, Pearson, Varga and Thompson (my MOM) where better. Think they're all building the youngster up, to knock him down again.

FD

I watched quite a bit of this game and it's the first scottish footy i've watched in a while and I thought Rangers were awful, there players seemed to lack pace and the ability to pass the ball.

Another possible long-term injury. :x Kennedy has been brilliant too lately and now puts a bit more pressure on the squad. Mjallby and Valgaeren are very rusty still, so if we get injuries to Bobo or Stan then we could be in a bit of bother.

Hope it ain't as bad as they think.

FD

I hate meaningless friendly internationals :x, What was the point of that one??? Neither side is in Euro 2004, I mean it is at a crucial part of the season for some clubs. Why are players from teams where the season is more or less already over, not picked?

Another needless injury, might not be to a regular first teamer but one that is leaving us a bit threadbare at the back :x :x :x

Watched the Barca game in Friday's International Sports Bar, must have drunk more than a full pitcher of Sprite and it cost about 2 quid - free refills are class :mrgreen: . Old Firm game hasn't been as tense for a long while for me, because we could have lost the last few and not really been in any sort of trouble had we done so, plus even when we don't get out of second gear and Rangers burst a gut we still look comfortable for the most part these days, though Sunday was better from them. Feckin 6:30 in the mornin kick-off for me, got up at 5:45.

btw I dunno how people in the US can watch TV, I've never seen so many channels with so much pish before in my life ;).

No, honest m8, I know there is a lot of poo here as well but it doesn't compare to theirs - they have a God channel which has guests/hosts ranging from Daniel O'Donnell to an OTT Alabama minister. You think it can't really be like that, that surely TV over there doesn't assume 90% of the population is thick as shit, but it does!

Aye I'm 21, but I'm not a big drinker, some of the boys were downing beer at 6:30 on a Sunday morning. Ok I can understand if you're still out on the piss from the night before, but these guys were in bed not an hour before it I'd guess, I couldn't do that :).

ClassicD said:
No, honest m8, I know there is a lot of poo here as well but it doesn't compare to theirs - they have a God channel which has guests/hosts ranging from Daniel O'Donnell to an OTT Alabama minister. You think it can't really be like that, that surely TV over there doesn't assume 90% of the population is thick as shit, but it does!

So you've never seen Sky Digital then? ;) God channels ahoy...

I've got cable, but it's like the only decent TV over there was NBA and Seinfeld/Simpsons re-runs, everything else was pure tosh!

We somehow pulled out a draw today, though if Rangers win tomorrow and next week we might not win the league at Celtic Park because of this split nonsense. Still delighted to have preserved our record though.

sombrero_sunday_2_a.jpg

Barcelona vs Villarreal tonight @ 9pm, SSXtra btw, should be interesting for us.

OLE! :mrgreen:

I have cable here, not over there. We had something like 80 channels and I swear about 5 were semi-decent - there's more entertainment on the UK's 5 terrestrial channels.

:mrgreen: hehe........

Still little rumours of Okocha for Celtic, Allardyce confirmed that Celtic have been sniffing around their captain. Would be a wonderful signing. Also see Nacho Novo's name in the paper. I'd take a chance on him, very quick and nippy. A bit erratic in front of goal but if he can score 20 odd goals for Dundee he could do something for us.

FD

Think it's pretty obvious Okocha wants a move or else he would have signed his Bolton deal by now. He may well be using Celtic's name as a way to get a deal from one of England's top 3, but tbh I'd be surprised if any of them signed him.

Would love to see him in the hoops, not so sure about Novo, although we'd get him cheap. The board would probably call him Larsson's replacement :x.

Saying that, Moravcik was £300,000, Larsson was £650,000 ;).

Both. ;)

Who do you think should be up for the Player of the Year then? I guess Klos can be the only Rangers player there or maybe Arveladse although he ain't been playing much. Novo will no doubt be there and I guess from Celtic Lennon, Thompson, Sutton, Larsson, McNamara and Varga can all stake a claim. I'd go for Lennon personally he's been immense this season.

FD

Lennon will never get Player's POTY, too many huns and too many people wound up for that to happen ;). I think if people actually stood back and looked at the situation, and ignored his contributions in previous years, Larsson would win it every season, but they always compare him to how HE did a few years ago, not compare him to the rest in the current season, which they should.

Klos will no doubt get a nomination but it'd be a joke if he won it, because he's not helped his team win a thing this year. I think Larsson should get it, but I'd be surprised if him, Lennon or Sutton (same latter reason as for Lennon not winning) do. I suppose it has to be a Celtic player.

So CD, who do you think will win it then - Thommo?

Great news. :D I thought they might be for the off, brilliant news. Great to keep another couple of excellent players at the club...........even if Slappy Sven doesn't think they're all that good.

Yep Vann, £650k, not bad eh? :mrgreen: ;) Lubo cost £350k too and he is a legend.

FD

How can someone be deemed 'A Football Expert' because they write a few things in the press? Supposedly Reina was 'suspect at cross balls'?????????? :shock:

It's great to hear top players compliment the atmosphere at Celtic Park, remember when Canizares said 'It was incredible and the best atmosphere he'd ever heard', Juninho of Lyon said 'It was one of the best atmosphere's he ever played in' and also even said that if given the chance wouldn't rule out playing for the hoops. :shock: :D And Chivu (then of Ajax) said that every top player should sample the atmosphere at parkhead. :D

Think we should sign them all then? :mrgreen:

FD

FD

Back
Top Bottom