Celtic Thread

ClassicD said:
He did one in the Man Utd thread as well, guess it's only a bit of banter, not too bothered as long as it's a one-off. Maybe he should do a 'SIGNS YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE PC' one for himself.

Eh? I live a healthy life, DJ on the weekends and have a great girlfriend.

Do I look like a computer nerd?

fbb80455.jpg

Well you do have the letters 'DSL' on your t-shirt, and that girl you are with seems to be off somewhere else while you are looking at the camera. Didn't call you a nerd either, what you trying to say? :mrgreen:

I'm only returning the banter, don't get your knickers in a twist Mr DJ. If you can't dish a little out without accepting it when it's thrown back then don't start it in the first place - it's the Celtic thread.

24 league wins on the trot this season. Well done bhoys :mrgreen:

So onto FK Teplice on Thursday, Don't know much about them although I have heard they lost their two strikers during the transfer window. Should'nt pose much of a problem at home though. I'll go for 3-0 to the hoops. 8)

They are something like 10th in the Czech league, but Boavista were hardly challenging for the Portuguese SuperLiga title when we met them last year, and that was a struggle. They have sold 11 players and bought 9 in the window, U21 International Jan Rezek was one who left, but they brought in the league's top scorer from last year, Jiri Kowalik. They beat both Kasierslautern and Feyenoord 3-1 on AGG, I'm taking nothing for granted, Czech players are always very technically good, and I'd rather forget Basle thanks very much. Teams took us for granted last year, we played both legs against Stuttgart without Larsson (one man team eh? :roll:) and still won, so we can't afford to do the same.

They have also just come off a two-month winter break, but I don't think we will underestimate them.

I see you guys are eyeing Okocha, getting ready to pounce if Bolton don't make Europe via the Carling Cup. I always wanted him, i'd swap him for Veron anyday. The closest thing to Zola we could ever have again. :(

He's the type of player we want but it's all paper talk I think. CL football could tempt him I guess, he's not getting any younger and maybe would fancy another crack at it before he starts to dwindle, he's not going to get CL football with Bolton (no offence meant to Bolton fans, tougher league).

But sadly I think he is outwith our board's ambitions in terms of wages :(.

ClassicD said:
But sadly I think he is outwith our board's ambitions in terms of wages :(.

And thats the sole motivation behind his move away from bolton, his finances are in dire straits he needs one last big contract to set him up and I dont think it matters where he goes aslong as they put up the right dough.

Heard his financial troubles were blown out of all proportion, he said reports saying all his money was gone was nonsense, although a large chunk of it is. Doesn't matter anyway, our board won't fork out big wages so you can forget it.

ClassicD said:
Heard his financial troubles were blown out of all proportion, he said reports saying all his money was gone was nonsense, although a large chunk of it is. Doesn't matter anyway, our board won't fork out big wages so you can forget it.

It always feels stupid saying this but, 30K a week for a player of his quality doesnt seem that bad, s'pecailly when he's on a free and with Henrik leaving he'd be the perfect Talisman IMHO..

Yes but the board won't sanction that kind of money any more, they claim we made a loss after reaching the UEFA Cup final last year, on top of all the merchandise they've released on top of that. Of course this is BS, they're getting the club as financially attractive as possible to potential buyers so they (Desmond) can sell up and buy into Man Utd.

Good result last night, that should see us safely into the last sixteen. Petrov was outstanding again and Henke had a brilliant first half. Though Sutton was piss poor, however can't say that often can we!

FD

Think we can let Sutty off, he's been carrying a groin injury anyway :)

Anyway what about the Dropkick Murphys playing before the Livingston game on Sunday? (Think maybe it's because they covered Fields of Athenry on their new album) still a strange one though!

Pish game but a 3 goal lead and no away goals, so a very healthy lead to take to their place next Wednesday. Thought the referee bottled it when their keeper sythed down Petrov 25 yards out, he would have had to go, so he never gave the free-kick at all.

Anyone else annoyed that Setanta have the rights to show live SPL games for the next 4 seasons?

They'll all be pay-per-view. £7.99 a game.
Fork out or go down the pub.

:x

Yeah, well it's a double-edged sword I think, you'll have to pay but I think you'll get more OF games and on top of that no Rob McLean and Sandy 'Doesn't change his initial opinion even when super slo-mo replays prove he's wrong' Clark to put up with.

If it means more $$$ for our teams then I'm in favour anyway.

Well we managed to fuck ourselves good today. I'd like to thank the following for their half arsed approach to todays game...

Craig Moore
Frank de Boer
Michael Ball
Nuno Capucho
Mikel Arteta
Emerson
Christian Nerlinger
Ronald de Boer
Michael Mols
Gavin Rae
Maurice Ross
and finally...
a big thanks to Alex McLeish for his wonderful tactics, playing players out of position.

Nice job.

ainslm said:
FD ya part timer! Where were you last night?? :x

:mrgreen: LOL.........I get my ticket automatically, I couldn't be arsed going so sold it to Joe. I get all my tickets automatically, as I did with Ross County, where you there?

FD

Hartson is out for the rest of the season, they're optimistic that he'll be back in time for pre-season 2004-2005 :shock:.

With Maloney and BBJ out, the only cover for Larsson and Sutton is Beattie and maybe Sylla (he played there for St. Johnstone I think, there and in attacking midfield).
I think Maloney is out for beyond the start of next season too and with Henke gone we're looking short on that front, the board have no choice but to fork out now, unless Beattie is a hit in the remainder of this year.

OF derby on Sunday, chance to end Rangers' season completely. Thing is when we were down in years gone by we could still beat them, you just wonder if there's a shock on the cards - everyone has to lose sometime, and fortunes do change. It'll be a shock result or a pumping in our favour, btw by "shock result" I mean a draw ;).

ClassicD said:
Hartson is out for the rest of the season, they're optimistic that he'll be back in time for pre-season 2004-2005 :shock:.

With Maloney and BBJ out, the only cover for Larsson and Sutton is Beattie and maybe Sylla (he played there for St. Johnstone I think, there and in attacking midfield).
I think Maloney is out for beyond the start of next season too and with Henke gone we're looking short on that front, the board have no choice but to fork out now, unless Beattie is a hit in the remainder of this year.

OF derby on Sunday, chance to end Rangers' season completely. Thing is when we were down in years gone by we could still beat them, you just wonder if there's a shock on the cards - everyone has to lose sometime, and fortunes do change. It'll be a shock result or a pumping in our favour, btw by "shock result" I mean a draw ;).

I'm hoping not ;)

CD, I've told you to lay off the drugs.

Bad news about BBJ, McLeish and co. are always bleating about injuries but Celtic have had far worse injuries to players than Rangers in the past couple of years when they've been moaning at their mightiest.

FD

Valencia are reported to be interested in Henke, about time too, they really need a striker and sure he would be a good addition for them. Brilliant team, but really lack the cutting edge up front.

Reports on radio also again link Celtic with Okocha, John McGinlay ex-bolton player said he'd heard that there has already been talks held in Glasgow about the player moving. I can't really see it as Okocha would possibly favour the bigger stage in EPL with a bigger name than Bolton, however hopefully our guarantee of CL footy could be a decider. Let's hope so.

FD

Wouldn't get too excited on the Okocha story, I'm negative in my views towards the board anyway and I just don't think they'll sanction that kind of wage anymore. Also, latest reports have Okocha caving in and lowering his wage demands to £35,000 a week, looks like he's going to sign on again at Bolton.

I can't actually see him staying with Bolton, still think he wants to go out in a bit more of a high. He's not going to play in the very top competitions or challenge for titles with Bolton.

I would love Okocha at Parkhead, although I agree the board would surprise me if they sanctioned his wages, although MO must get a bit of money by automatically qualifying for the ECL group and also now that we have a bit of a striker crisis. Some people have mentioned Caballero as he could be signed now, I know he's not been playing for a while but I'd give him a go.

Also heard that Celtic have been seeded 12th????? Means we're going to get hit with a top seed supposedly, top 8 vs bottom 8. Absolute disgrace, although supposedly it's all because of the International team's record.

FD

I'm also talking about the start of next season, Larsson won't be there and Hartson and Maloney will be struggling to make it there. Also this season if anything happens to either of them then we're left with Beattie and Sylla.

FD

Woeful game, but expected something like this due to the 1st leg score. The team where poor and Thommo was so bad it was shocking. Lambert and Balde where about the only pass marks, although I couldn't really blame our forwards much as they didn't get any service.

Still we're in the next round and it looks like it'll be a toughie no matter who we get due to the ridiculous seedings. I would rather avoid Roma and Barca, but would take anyone else.

Hopefully Sutton will be okay for Sunday. Heard that it was reported that Celtic where eyeing up Caballero, for £4k a week, it couldn't hurt.

FD

I think it was very obvious that MON had told the players to sit back and treat it like they were 3-0 up, the midfield just refused to support the front two all night, only improving slightly when Pearson came on. We're through I guess which is the bottom line, but that mob aren't much kop, we could have won last night's game had we made an attempt to do so. I can't remember Thompson ever performing worse than he did last night, but he's due an off game.

As for Caballero, MON didn't fancy him when Dundee released him and he's never been the fittest of players, what kind of shape will he be in now? I'd rather other players got their chance, like Beattie and Wallace. Or Aiden McGeady :).

We've been drawn in Pot 1, we'll get Barcelona, Valencia, Mallorca or Bordeaux - draw is at 1pm. I'd take Mallorca or Bordeaux in a flash, and although I think we can beat them all Barcelona are in superb form just now, Valencia are going through a wee sticky patch mind.

Back
Top Bottom